Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We know. You mention it at every opportunity.
    Oh sorry should I just discuss her team results. You are probably one of those parents who wears your club's spiritwear.

Comment

Oh sorry should I just discuss her team results. You are probably one of those parents who wears your club's spiritwear.
      Is wearing spirit wear any different than the “my kid made the regional camp” badge of honor you so love to brandish?

Comment

Is wearing spirit wear any different than the “my kid made the regional camp” badge of honor you so love to brandish?
        Being invited to Hershey isn't a huge badge. It means she is in the pool. It's fun, and all the other good things, but I don't see it as bragging, just sharing experience.

Comment

My daughter was in the 2007 Region 1 training pool that trained in Hershey PA last December. It was a very talented group and great experience.
          My 2007 is on a top level club team already. She gets all
          of the above, without the extra expense and travel of ODP.

Comment

Does the odp schedule allow your u15 kid to play for a club team also? Or is it one or the other?

Comment

odp is for rich parents to brag that their mia made an odp team. Yippee!! As far as the relevance scale i believe odp is totally a waste of money and time and has zero relevance to top level soccer recruitment.

Comment

odp is for rich parents to brag that their mia made an odp team. Yippee!! As far as the relevance scale i believe odp is totally a waste of money and time and has zero relevance to top level soccer recruitment.
                and what experience do you have with ODP?

Comment

Why does every single college recruiting questionairre ask about ODP participation and level attained? Why has my kid had communication from college coaches that started because of ODP relationships? Your belief is incorrect. Is it necessary if you are on a top DA/GA/ECNL team? No. Is it helpful? Yes. Is it very helpful, especially if you make regional or national pool, for players who aren’t necessarily on top teams. You bet.

Don’t have your kid participate. Doesn’t mean squat to me. My kid loved it and has been involved with it for years. FWIW, we don’t tell anyone about it unless it comes up in recruiting conversations...

Comment

Why does every single college recruiting questionairre ask about ODP participation and level attained? Why has my kid had communication from college coaches that started because of ODP relationships? Your belief is incorrect. Is it necessary if you are on a top DA/GA/ECNL team? No. Is it helpful? Yes. Is it very helpful, especially if you make regional or national pool, for players who aren’t necessarily on top teams. You bet.

Don’t have your kid participate. Doesn’t mean squat to me. My kid loved it and has been involved with it for years. FWIW, we don’t tell anyone about it unless it comes up in recruiting conversations...
                    Thank god for the DA so we don't need to spend a bunch of money on ODP.

Comment

Thank god for the DA so we don't need to spend a bunch of money on ODP.
                      Your spending a lot of money no matter what .

Comment

Your spending a lot of money no matter what .
                        Or I'm spending no money.

Comment

I want to know why/how kids make ODP without showing up to try-outs??

Comment

I'm absolutely floored people spend so much money to pay a club to develop their child and to put them in a position where (as I've heard) colleges drool over them....and then have to turn around and pay someone else to do the same.

What's the benefits of these leagues if they cost so much and you still have to pay more to someone else?

It's like you bought a Ferrari to haul lumber, then went out and bought a pick-up because the lumber didn't fit in...

Comment

I'm absolutely floored people spend so much money to pay a club to develop their child and to put them in a position where (as I've heard) colleges drool over them....and then have to turn around and pay someone else to do the same.

What's the benefits of these leagues if they cost so much and you still have to pay more to someone else?

It's like you bought a Ferrari to haul lumber, then went out and bought a pick-up because the lumber didn't fit in...
                              You don't have to pay a club and then pay for ODP, but it does give you an additional avenue for getting experience, meeting other players and yes being seen by coaches. Isn't that a choice for parents to make if they feel like it? What do you care?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2847775]I'm absolutely floored people spend so much money to pay a club to develop their child and to put them in a position where (as I've heard) colleges drool over them....and then have to turn around and pay someone else to do the same.

To be honest I see playing club as something better athletes do that have parents with extra income and time to have more fun playing a game. Realistically
                                Parents spend prob at least 5k a year and hours of time at least 6 years to have there child get what a partial scholarship at the most? and no chance of playing professionally especially females if they dont burn out by college. For 98% percent of the time parents are spending there money on having there kids learn structure and discipline. If you look at it as a investment you would have better luck playing the stock market or saving the money spent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X