The End of GPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players, come on over to NEFC. We are open for business.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Players, come on over to NEFC. We are open for business.
      Why would NEFC want these players? Aren't they all just junk, low-level NEP and NPL players?

Comment

Goodbye GPS!

Comment

Is being laid off now unusual? It allows employees to collect. Same as with the Retail and food-service industry.
          Most coaches aren’t employees, rather independent contractors who are paid via stipend. It’s in the contract. Very few coaches are actual full-time employees. Bad news is that most coaches won’t be able to collect UE insurance.

FWIW, I heard that FCUSA isn’t paying coaches and other clubs have cut pay back and will likely have to lay off soon. It’s business people, better to conserve cash and have a club to go back to in a few months than burn through everything now and hope families come back with their checkbooks open whenever this blows over.

Comment

Another gps thread. Who will be starting ones for sss, NEFC, fcusa and all other clubs who have made the same decision?

Comment

Another gps thread. Who will be starting ones for sss, NEFC, fcusa and all other clubs who have made the same decision?
              MH leave it, you’re still getting paid. You’re one of the lucky ones.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha;) Karma. So long Lads. Bon Voyage. At least the guys remaining at GPS are such genuinely good guys that people will roll out the Red Carpet to hire them.

NOT

Comment

If there is ANY club in MA still paying the coaches they will soon be out of business. Coaches will be paid when they are able to deliver sessions, right now they can not. It has nothing to do with club owners being greedy or selfish. There is NO work. Coaches will have their pay extended for as long as the season extension lasts. If a coach chooses not to engage his/her team during this time guess what? They don’t give a damn about your kid, they really don’t. 90% of these coaches do this as a 2nd/3rd job. It’s their vacation money, or additional money to help out. Most don’t even expect to be paid right now and those that do are about nothing other than themselves.

Comment

Feel sorry for the good coaches who got laid off. The new management KC obviously doesn’t know what family is. Families should know that their money that goes to coaches is being stolen (again). Money is already in place to pay them. If soccer doesn’t bounce back by tryouts then and only then layoffs could happen. How dare MH sit at that table and cast a vote to layoff. I can be JH is still gonna get paid.

Comment

Karma working her magic.

Comment

JB and PB are rolling over in their graves.

Comment

So you are telling me the most expensive club in the State, who charge you extra for everything, who have received all funds for the 19/20 season are laying off their coaches?

Wow!!!!!!

Comment

Legacy want to move away from the imported, visa based model, that the old GPS recruitment model was built on.

This whole crisis has just brought their plans forward as they can now easily layoff all of the visa based coaches, and send them back home.

Comment

Legacy want to move away from the imported, visa based model, that the old GPS recruitment model was built on.

This whole crisis has just brought their plans forward as they can now easily layoff all of the visa based coaches, and send them back home.
                              I hope we dont lose our coach bcos of this

Comment

Exactly. Collected all monies. Call the FEDS who have the ongoing case with them now. I’m sure they would love to hear this. DM for the lead investigators number. I encourage you to contact me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X