Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No what I’m saying is next year on the senior side none of the boys teams will have daddy coaches but 4 of the 5 senior girls team will . This club will only get better if they move away from that position . Jonny should bring in more younger paid coaches .
    Yeah, he should get a couple of the young coaches like the young guys on the boys side who have accomplished running off whole groups of players and teams because they have zero people skills at all, and can train, but have zero clue how to adjust in a game. Good plan!

Comment

Here is an observation from an outsider. Celtic has done better since that guy has taken over but the truth of the matter is this , he will not stay there that club has done what it can and he will leave as soon as a better offer comes in.
      As an outsider you don't have a full understanding of Jonny's relationship with Celtic. Celtic is literally a family to him. His father played for Celtic and was an incredible player for the club.. His father was a head coach for Celtic. In fact Jonny's dad, Tommy Burns, has a plaque on the stadium at Celtic Park. With that being said I dont' see Jonny leaving as soon as a better offer come in. Money isn't always the most important thing.

Comment

What league do they play in? Never heard of them.

Comment

Bring back PW kick and run

Comment

It's silly to compare any teams to that team. Those daddy coaches ran the club and brought Jonny over from Scotland, and put him on the one team with a talented nucleus to build to what that team is now. Jonny has recruited his ass off with that team. But he had some nice pieces in place to start.

The 02 team, yeah that daddy coach doesn't show up most the time. The 04 head coach was not a daddy coach this season, that team did well till HS break, and never were the same after, good 11 no bench. The 05 team, MR ran most the sessions, not a daddy coach. That team had a good season as well.

It's unrealistic to assume every team is going to perform like that 03 team. Stupid to even suggest it.
            I agree Jonny was given the best team at Celtic when he arrived. He has developed what talent he was given and recruited some players to turn the 03G into a very good team.

I think the 04G team has talent and will get better over the next few years. Maybe a new coach wouldn't be a bad thing. Sometimes change is good.

As for the 02G team..... It amazes me that the players can even focus when you have 3 coaches constantly barking instructions the entire game.

05G are very impressive. Plenty of skill and talent. IMO they are the second best squad at the club.

Comment

As an outsider you don't have a full understanding of Jonny's relationship with Celtic. Celtic is literally a family to him. His father played for Celtic and was an incredible player for the club.. His father was a head coach for Celtic. In fact Jonny's dad, Tommy Burns, has a plaque on the stadium at Celtic Park. With that being said I dont' see Jonny leaving as soon as a better offer come in. Money isn't always the most important thing.

The only person that would be disappointed if Jonny left would be the bored housewife’s

Comment

Bring back PW kick and run
                Boot & Scoot.That belongs to Celtic.

Comment

I agree Jonny was given the best team at Celtic when he arrived. He has developed what talent he was given and recruited some players to turn the 03G into a very good team.

I think the 04G team has talent and will get better over the next few years. Maybe a new coach wouldn't be a bad thing. Sometimes change is good.

As for the 02G team..... It amazes me that the players can even focus when you have 3 coaches constantly barking instructions the entire game.

05G are very impressive. Plenty of skill and talent. IMO they are the second best squad at the club.
                  05 could be an okay team . Need MR to take it over or find another coach . Current GG is just uninterested and miserable.

Comment

Jonny did not get a team, he got 2 groups who had never played together and were thrown together

Comment

05 could be an okay team . Need MR to take it over or find another coach . Current GG is just uninterested and miserable.
                      05G remind me of the 03G a few seasons ago....team that with the right training and coaching can get much better. The 03G were good prior to JB but not even close to where they are now.

Comment

06 coach has done well without much talent . Very enthusiastic and runs a good session . He would do a great job if he was given the opportunity to work with the 05s .

Comment

Jonny did not get a team, he got 2 groups who had never played together and were thrown together

Isn't that what happened at EVERY club since the age group rule was implemented that year?? 2 groups....1 team..... call it what you want. Regardless..... IMO he has done a great job of taking what he was given, adding a few pieces, and creating a solid team.

Comment

There are some really stupid parents at Celtic, this thread is golden proof.

Comment

Put them on the big stage and they are not very good!!!
                              http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...3597&action=Go

Comment

Put them on the big stage and they are not very good!!!
                                http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...3597&action=Go
                                Correct

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X