Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Periodization is a waste

What is periodization? Do kids really understand this term? Do they really need this type of training methodology? I’ll like to hear some coaches and DOCs to talk about this

All athletes needs some level of periodization...unless they really not interested in physical gains, recovery, and staying healthy.

Comment

Lol, you can't really be serious with this thread, right? Do a little research on what periodization is and what it means for an athlete and then decide if it's a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Lol, you can't really be serious with this thread, right? Do a little research on what periodization is and what it means for an athlete and then decide if it's a waste.
        You tell us, what do you understand by periodization because all I hear from coaches is the word periodization and their practices are just scrimmages and tactical drills, I did my research and what I found is completely different than what I see, passing drills patterns and scrimmages every single practice. Can you be so kind and explain to us if periodization is a passing drills practice, then small space games and then a scrimmage AT THE END OF THE PRACTICE? I see nothing different and this are the majority of the coaches and this goes from u8s all the way to u18s, is this the way we are planning to make our kids better soccer players? complex word terminologies so the parents think that coaches and DOC's know a lot

Comment

Clubs don't spend enough time on the field with players for this. This word should not be used with youth soccer players here in Florida. Any coach that states that they use periodization is FullOf****e.

Comment

You tell us, what do you understand by periodization because all I hear from coaches is the word periodization and their practices are just scrimmages and tactical drills, I did my research and what I found is completely different than what I see, passing drills patterns and scrimmages every single practice. Can you be so kind and explain to us if periodization is a passing drills practice, then small space games and then a scrimmage AT THE END OF THE PRACTICE? I see nothing different and this are the majority of the coaches and this goes from u8s all the way to u18s, is this the way we are planning to make our kids better soccer players? complex word terminologies so the parents think that coaches and DOC's know a lot
            So what you’re really saying is not that real periodization is a waste...because obviously it’s not....but, that your club / coach / DOC provide sh1t training with minimal real fitness / physical challenges so, what they call periodization is just a lie and sham buzzword.

Ok, no arguments on that from me.

Comment

Periodazation is fancy word for club staff wants a long break.

Comment

periodization is good if all players are fit and talented.

Some players in the youth level are hurt, slow, different skill level or new to the sport.

PEriodizatin was started by Vitor, a professor from Porto. Mourinho made it famous.

I believe it if the team is fit and they give you 100%.

Sometimes you have a player that is hurt and he need to get to the level of the first team.

He or she must train with the trainer and run run and lift and workout.

You cannot magically get fit with periodization.

That is what some players run, workout after their practice to get an advantage.

If you are youth club, I doubt this is all you need?

It is true some clubs are lazy and their DC and coaches just train. Then comes a team with intensity and maybe with a little less skill and they loose. WHy? Because you were not fast enough and fit enough.

I will like to know what club you played for? There is no club that knows what they are doing and this includes Jax, OC, IMFC, and every team.

Why?

Because you all want to get fit in 1.5 hours. You all want to train in 1.5 hours. You all need to be tactical within the time frame.

Guess what in Europe and S America the kids are in the sporting city for 2.5-3.5 hours a day. They eat and train and work out. They focus on the sport.

Here in the USA you all want to do "periodization" within 1.5 hours

good luck

now you know why the Europeans Americans are excelling because your American coaches just dedicate to you 1.5 hours

Comment

https://spielverlagerung.com/2020/05...n-methodology/

Comment

You are probably a coach or a DOC, you don’t even understand the meaning of this, google search and YouTube coaches with a bunch of Licenses and no knowledge, how can you do all this with kids that can’t even control a soccer ball? How can you do this with a bunch of 11s , 12s and even 13 year old boys or girls that can’t even understand their own bodies? That their bodies are changing and technically are struggling?, yeah sure continue talking bs to parents again, USA is not going to get anywhere with soccer if coaches and DOCs continue copying European and South American futbol, kids are different, kids in South America for example are playing on the streets and not sitting in front of a tv playing fort nite , I see coaches talking about periodization with U8 parents , what a joke.

Comment

You are probably a coach or a DOC, you don’t even understand the meaning of this, google search and YouTube coaches with a bunch of Licenses and no knowledge, how can you do all this with kids that can’t even control a soccer ball? How can you do this with a bunch of 11s , 12s and even 13 year old boys or girls that can’t even understand their own bodies? That their bodies are changing and technically are struggling?, yeah sure continue talking bs to parents again, USA is not going to get anywhere with soccer if coaches and DOCs continue copying European and South American futbol, kids are different, kids in South America for example are playing on the streets and not sitting in front of a tv playing fort nite , I see coaches talking about periodization with U8 parents , what a joke.
                      😂😂 when do coaches and docs teach European and south American style. Let me know where these coaches are because o would be interested .

Comment

What are you guys talking about? Can somebody explain or define what "periodization" means in the context of this thread? Like, in your own words, not by linking to some article.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? Can somebody explain or define what "periodization" means in the context of this thread? Like, in your own words, not by linking to some article.
                          Is an improvised term used by our DOC's and coaches to mimic the professional training mythology from other countries, trying to train our 9 year old kids like professionals, my son can't even kick the ball properly lol

Comment

Periodization simply means rest. High level soccer players are trainning for 6-7 hours a day 5-6 times a week. For those athletes rest and recovery before the home stretch of the season make sense. Little Sally practices 1.5 hours a day 3 times a week for a grand total of 4.5 hours. During the 1.5 hours of training. 15 minutes is spent socializing before practice. 15 minutes is spent on warm up. 15 is spent explaining the new drill daddy coach found on YouTube. 5 minutes is spent on water breaks. 10 minutes are spent on laying the cones out. 60 minutes are wasted at every practice session. 25 minutes is the actual practice time. The last 5 minutes is spent for the kids to pick up the cones and to have a little end of practice pow wow. For little Sally periodization does not make sense.

Comment

Is an improvised term used by our DOC's and coaches to mimic the professional training mythology from other countries, trying to train our 9 year old kids like professionals, my son can't even kick the ball properly lol

Mythology...? Like fables and legends and stuff? Or, you mean methodology? Can you or anybody else actually explain the meaning of this fancy term then as it applied to a training regiment?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X