X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select U9-U14 NO Heading and Throw-Ins still

Just got a weekend event email,

Select for the U9-U14 age group is going with keeping heading not allowed (at all U09-U14 age groups) and kick-ins replacing throw ins.

https://southshoreselectsoccer.com/2...-0e82ce40-347f

The U15-U19 event they are hosting does not have modifications at all other than having to wear a mask.

The NEFC event this weekend will use the straight LOTG with NO COVID changes other than masks.

Will be interesting to capture coach and player reactions considering MYSA put out revised guidelines yesterday removing all of the COVID modifications for outdoor soccer besides masks.

I don't think anybody should mind keeping the rules as they have been considering this is the last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't think anybody should mind keeping the rules as they have been considering this is the last weekend.
      Remember there are still 2 more weekends

NEFC U15 to U19 next weekend

Stars and Liverpool first weekend of December

Comment

Select for the U9-U14 age group is going with keeping heading not allowed (at all U09-U14 age groups) and kick-ins replacing throw ins.

The U15-U19 event they are hosting does not have modifications at all other than having to wear a mask.

The NEFC event this weekend will use the straight LOTG with NO COVID changes other than masks.

Will be interesting to capture coach and player reactions considering MYSA put out revised guidelines yesterday removing all of the COVID modifications for outdoor soccer besides masks.

No reason to keep up with these foolish rule modifications now that the state has said there is no need for restrictions other than mask wearing. So dumb that they are not letting them play normally this weekend.

Comment

No reason to keep up with these foolish rule modifications now that the state has said there is no need for restrictions other than mask wearing. So dumb that they are not letting them play normally this weekend.
          Correct his no reason here is Yesterdays official guidance from MYSA that meets the EEA Guidelines:

https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/assets...ols_111920.pdf

Comment

They got rid of the rules last week

Comment

Was at a Select game tonight.
              Headers allowed. Throw ins and kick ins both happened.
              Ref very strict on masks properly covering faces.

Comment

Was at a Select game tonight.
                Headers allowed. Throw ins and kick ins both happened.
                Ref very strict on masks properly covering faces.
                I mean there’s no way they switched between throw in and kick ins

Comment

I was at a NEFC friendly last night. Throw ins were required. However the referee called heading infractions.

Comment

I mean there’s no way they switched between throw in and kick ins
                    Yea both happened I think the ref just let it go. The kids are confused.They mainly did kick ins but I saw a few throw ins.

Comment

Yea both happened I think the ref just let it go. The kids are confused.They mainly did kick ins but I saw a few throw ins.
                      not our 2007 games, no restrictions...Heading was a go

Comment

My U14 boy played with the COVID rules yesterday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X