Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is Trump not draining the swamp? The rich get richer.
    He is poised to benefit immensely form the swamp. Why would he want to drain it?

Comment

It's going to be interesting next season - if we just consider the elite girls , and everyone knows who they are, if half decide to not play DA and play whatever the next tier is , NPL, ? will GDA be relevant? And we are taking about the 03-04's
      All kid soccer is only relevant to the players, their families, and the folks working in the youth soccer field. No one else knows or cares what league is what. All these leagues will be fine.

Comment

If the 12 year old doesn't want to do it then the answer is No. Simple.

Comment

Yup my 14 year old boy has done 5 months and is done , training 4 days a week with 2 games a month and not being allowed to play anything else is not for lots of us

Comment

Yup my 14 year old boy has done 5 months and is done , training 4 days a week with 2 games a month and not being allowed to play anything else is not for lots of us

It's not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of talent and dedication to really benefit from the DA and not everyone has that. Some just want to play soccer for fun and that is OK. Best to know about it now than later.

It was never set up for the casual soccer player and that is the misunderstanding a lot of parents have.

Comment

It's not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of talent and dedication to really benefit from the DA and not everyone has that. Some just want to play soccer for fun and that is OK. Best to know about it now than later.

It was never set up for the casual soccer player and that is the misunderstanding a lot of parents have.
              yes, it was set up to develop the best of the best boys in an academy setting who would then transition and be world class players playing in the European leagues and the national team. the results can be argued but I wonder what the goal is for the girls?

Comment

yes, it was set up to develop the best of the best boys in an academy setting who would then transition and be world class players playing in the European leagues and the national team. the results can be argued but I wonder what the goal is for the girls?
                It seems the new dynamic for College will be for coaches to look to the DA and then to the ECNL for rosters. Other then that there really is no upside.

Comment

It seems the new dynamic for College will be for coaches to look to the DA and then to the ECNL for rosters. Other then that there really is no upside.
                  The D1 coaches will have an easy job recruiting from the DA rosters.

Comment

The D1 coaches will have an easy job recruiting from the DA rosters.
                    They already do from ECNL. DOn't forget many DA clubs are or were ECNL clubs. So not much is changing other than USSF Is in charge and the kids get new uniforms.

Comment

So Sad,

I'm a dad of a committed senior, not from S Fl, don't know anything about Weston or these guys you're talking about, but I'm curious. What exactly is it you think these guys were supposed to do to get kids committed? My daughter put in the hours on the field, she got the grades in school, she identified the schools she was interested in, she contacted the coaches and told them when and where she'd be playing, and she kept after them for feedback on where she stood until she had offers. When those college coaches occasionally called her club coach for reference he gave his honest opinion, but that was it. I honestly can't blame these guys if they look dumbfounded when you ask those questions, but it's not them, it's you. If you think your kid's club coach is going to get her into college you are sadly mistaken, hope it's not too late for her. Good luck to you.
                      What happened to the Weston basher? No response? Crickets?

Comment

There are goals that aren't unified - Ussf wants to develop NT players, pro teams want to develop their own talent (a larger but still small number of players ), but the vast majority of players see it as a the best path to playing in college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X