X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tampa bay rowdies to mls

https://www.google.com/amp/wfla.com/...hms-tmobile-us

I'm not assuming this will happen, but as a lifelong soccer nut in Tampa, it would be amazing! I grew up watching the 'old' NASL Rowdies play before big crowds and loved it. Tampa is the largest media market in the nation not to have a team, so there's a chance, especially with Beckham Miami shatting the bed down there. Apparently, Garber was gushing about the area and the ownership at a conference recently. Hmmmm. Could be a ploy to light a fire under Beckham's butt, or could the MLS realize that the Mutiny were a mistake and fix it? Edwards seems to be in this for the long haul and has a vision to get into MLS. Could the Rowdies, one of THE historic brands of the old NASL, join reincarnated NASL teams like the Earthquakes, Timbers, Whitecaps, and Sounders? Not holding my breath, but it would be great to see the green and gold hoops grace MLS fields in the near future!

On a side note, I thought it was weird that TBR would leave D2 NASL to join D3 USL, but I guess they knew something. NASL seems to be in major trouble, with several teams leaving and the flagship team, the NY Cosmos, just ceased operations. I read that USSF should be naming the USL as the D2 US league very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm not assuming this will happen, but as a lifelong soccer nut in Tampa, it would be amazing! I grew up watching the 'old' NASL Rowdies play before big crowds and loved it. Tampa is the largest media market in the nation not to have a team, so there's a chance, especially with Beckham Miami shatting the bed down there. Apparently, Garber was gushing about the area and the ownership at a conference recently. Hmmmm. Could be a ploy to light a fire under Beckham's butt, or could the MLS realize that the Mutiny were a mistake and fix it? Edwards seems to be in this for the long haul and has a vision to get into MLS. Could the Rowdies, one of THE historic brands of the old NASL, join reincarnated NASL teams like the Earthquakes, Timbers, Whitecaps, and Sounders? Not holding my breath, but it would be great to see the green and gold hoops grace MLS fields in the near future!

On a side note, I thought it was weird that TBR would leave D2 NASL to join D3 USL, but I guess they knew something. NASL seems to be in major trouble, with several teams leaving and the flagship team, the NY Cosmos, just ceased operations. I read that USSF should be naming the USL as the D2 US league very soon.
      This is a done deal for Rowdies. Heard a rumor that TBU is in discussions to be the youth club tie-in.

Comment

I will not support Rowdies until they provide a professional youth soccer academy.

Comment

This is a done deal for Rowdies. Heard a rumor that TBU is in discussions to be the youth club tie-in.
          i was wondering why the rowdies button showed at the tbu website for a long time...to good to be true...

Comment

It is not a done deal. And besides that, North Lakeland already has an agreement in place with the Rowdies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X