Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just curious, which brackets were these girls teams in?
    I try to dedicate at least 30 minutes per day to useless info for this site. So I started from the top and did the 2002 brackets. If anyone else wants to be a loser and do 2001 - 99's, feel free.
    Below are the Teams with their placement, bracket, and record. I have officially made it to level 1 of TS loserville.

TBU ECNL
    2nd - ECNL red
    1-2-0

Weston NPL
    last - Elite red
    0-2-1

Armada
    last - Elite black
    0-2-1

Krush Black
    2nd - Elite white
    1-1-1

TBU Premier
    last - Elite grey
    0-3-0

Cape Coral
    1st - Premier red
    2-0-1

Team Boca
    last - Premier black
    0-2-1

Krush White
    last Premier white
    0-2-1

IMG
    1st Premier Grey
    2-0-1

Krush Blue
    last - Premier silver
    0-2-1

Just some quick observations. Congrats to Cape Coral and IMG for performing well in their bracket. The 1st place doesn't mean much, but its nice. Also to TBU. 2nd in the top ECNL bracket is great. That's probably where the best talent is.

I'm not the Krush hater, but why would a club send three teams for a single age group? If this is truly to showcase talent, shouldn't you sent you BEST team? I doubt many clubs have more than 1 great team in a single age group (unless you have ECNL, DA, etc.).

So Krush sent three and the bottom two performed poorly. Either Krush just wanted to send multiple teams (which goes against the philosophy of a showcase), or they felt they developed 35+ showcase-worthy players. Which they clearly did not.

IMO, unless you have a seperate ECNL, team, a club should not send more than one or two teams to a showcase. Unless its a HUGE club with a 'monopoly' on the regional talent. Like CASL or Tophat.

Comment

I try to dedicate at least 30 minutes per day to useless info for this site. So I started from the top and did the 2002 brackets. If anyone else wants to be a loser and do 2001 - 99's, feel free.
      Below are the Teams with their placement, bracket, and record. I have officially made it to level 1 of TS loserville.

TBU ECNL
      2nd - ECNL red
      1-2-0

Weston NPL
      last - Elite red
      0-2-1

Armada
      last - Elite black
      0-2-1

Krush Black
      2nd - Elite white
      1-1-1

TBU Premier
      last - Elite grey
      0-3-0

Cape Coral
      1st - Premier red
      2-0-1

Team Boca
      last - Premier black
      0-2-1

Krush White
      last Premier white
      0-2-1

IMG
      1st Premier Grey
      2-0-1

Krush Blue
      last - Premier silver
      0-2-1

Just some quick observations. Congrats to Cape Coral and IMG for performing well in their bracket. The 1st place doesn't mean much, but its nice. Also to TBU. 2nd in the top ECNL bracket is great. That's probably where the best talent is.

I'm not the Krush hater, but why would a club send three teams for a single age group? If this is truly to showcase talent, shouldn't you sent you BEST team? I doubt many clubs have more than 1 great team in a single age group (unless you have ECNL, DA, etc.).

So Krush sent three and the bottom two performed poorly. Either Krush just wanted to send multiple teams (which goes against the philosophy of a showcase), or they felt they developed 35+ showcase-worthy players. Which they clearly did not.

IMO, unless you have a seperate ECNL, team, a club should not send more than one or two teams to a showcase. Unless its a HUGE club with a 'monopoly' on the regional talent. Like CASL or Tophat.
      Disagree. Only 18 players can fill a club elite roster. It really shows well that FKK could have three teams in one age group and wants to showcase them all. How often do you hear there is a place for every player to play soccer in college if they are talented and work hard? There are D2 and D3 colleges who are looking to fill their rosters too.

Comment

For the record, I know nothing about FKK. I don't care about them, I don't know any parents or coaches from FKK. I've never even dealt with FKK. But you clearly just showed why you've been defending their results for 4 pages of this thread. I'm sure they are doing fine. The CASL results were just a small example. I also stated that it was a small snapshot and it would be silly to ONLY look at CASL. So no need to continue to defend or debate.

Although there is no need to bring up ECNL. FKK JUST got ECNL. You have no clue how they will do.

So whether you are one of the FKK coaches or parents, I'm glad you bevel in the club. Which is why you should be concerned with the dismal results at CASL. Hopefully you guys can learn from that and improve for the next showcase.
        Thank you for your concern for our clubs. You're a true ambassador. Since you seem so well versed in club soccer, then surely you understand the purpose of showcases. Somebody who doesn't would simply focus on wins as a measuring stick for a showcase success. They would be ignorant to the fact that girls are asked to play other positions, while players that normally don't start or play much during the regular season, are given the same opportunities to get exposure. They wouldn't understand that CASL was a huge success from a "showcase" standpoint. Ask any club how many coaches were on the sidelines. They would use dumbass comments like "dismal results" when the girls have already begun to receive feedback through their coaches about college interest. But since you're not that guy, we all appreciate your concern for our future success. You're the man! Keep up the great work.

Comment

Thank you for your concern for our clubs. You're a true ambassador. Since you seem so well versed in club soccer, then surely you understand the purpose of showcases. Somebody who doesn't would simply focus on wins as a measuring stick for a showcase success. They would be ignorant to the fact that girls are asked to play other positions, while players that normally don't start or play much during the regular season, are given the same opportunities to get exposure. They wouldn't understand that CASL was a huge success from a "showcase" standpoint. Ask any club how many coaches were on the sidelines. They would use dumbass comments like "dismal results" when the girls have already begun to receive feedback through their coaches about college interest. But since you're not that guy, we all appreciate your concern for our future success. You're the man! Keep up the great work.
          Thanks FKK dad. I'm sure your daughter got many "looks" on that team with the "dismall results". As a showcase expert, you would obviously know that college coaches completely ignore a team's result on Friday and go watch them play on Saturday (even though they lost badly). That college coach should know that your Krush team didn't win a game but more than likely there are 10+ "gems" on that team......I mean....why else would they have three different teams in one age group.
          That same college coach will not care that a team won their first two games by a large margin, and instead go to see the Krush teams........because again......they must be doing something right to have three 02 teams.

Comment

Disagree. Only 18 players can fill a club elite roster. It really shows well that FKK could have three teams in one age group and wants to showcase them all. How often do you hear there is a place for every player to play soccer in college if they are talented and work hard? There are D2 and D3 colleges who are looking to fill their rosters too.
            Agree, that there are D2 and D3 colleges looking for players. But if that were the case, every team can just send 3+ teams with lower-level players - that probably can't make a D2 or D3 roster. I mean no disrespect in that comment.

That same D2 college coach will look at first-day results to see which teams he/she will go see the next two days, in order to find those players. So if a team lost their first and second game, you can be certain the college coach will not take a chance to go see their final game (sorry Krush).

Unless, of course, the coach(s) were contacted ahea of time by either players or the club team's coach.

So, wins don't matter, but they can be a sign of which team is worth watching to find those unsigned players.

Thats coming from a college recruiter BTW.

Comment

Thanks FKK dad. I'm sure your daughter got many "looks" on that team with the "dismall results". As a showcase expert, you would obviously know that college coaches completely ignore a team's result on Friday and go watch them play on Saturday (even though they lost badly). That college coach should know that your Krush team didn't win a game but more than likely there are 10+ "gems" on that team......I mean....why else would they have three different teams in one age group.
              That same college coach will not care that a team won their first two games by a large margin, and instead go to see the Krush teams........because again......they must be doing something right to have three 02 teams.
              I get all this back and forth about what "Showcases are really about." I was talking to a coach from Virginia at CASL and he explained that they are not there to "recruit a whole team" so team results (Win) are secondary. He explained his primary purpose was to identify individuals that would fit in their system - and ideally "diamonds in the rough" that weren't already on the radar of a bunch of other colleges that Virginia would need to compete with. He said that in order to do that he goes to some games that includes teams that aren't necessarily winning in the highest brackets of competition at CASL.

Comment

Let me ask you a question about a scenario. More than likely, the teams in teh lower brackets are not actively scouted by college coaches. Those teams are there to play well and hopefully get some scouts to take notice.
                There are also college scouts (D2 and D3) that are sending assistant coaches to look at games and find players to fill out rosters.

So that college scout/coach wants to go watch some games on Sat and Sun. They may already have some teams in mind based on conversations with other coaches, research, etc. But if that coach is looking at random brackets, which team do you think he/she will go scout? A team that just won on Friday 3-0 or 4-0? Or go watch a team that lost 3-0?
                Yes, that happens. I have several conversations on that with College scouts.
                So wins don't matter, but for the scouts that are looking for games, it does. There is no need to debate or defend, or be sarcastic. We can have a civil discussion.

Comment

I get all this back and forth about what "Showcases are really about." I was talking to a coach from Virginia at CASL and he explained that they are not there to "recruit a whole team" so team results (Win) are secondary. He explained his primary purpose was to identify individuals that would fit in their system - and ideally "diamonds in the rough" that weren't already on the radar of a bunch of other colleges that Virginia would need to compete with. He said that in order to do that he goes to some games that includes teams that aren't necessarily winning in the highest brackets of competition at CASL.
                  There are more college coaches that will do the same as what you just mentioned, but they WILL look at teams that have kept scores close in higher brackets or are scoring many goals.

Comment

Let me make this easy for Mr Talking Soccer Showcase expert. I'm pretty sure FKK, TBU, JFC, Sunrise, Weston, IMG, or anyone else really doesn't gives a **** about your opinion. I can guarantee their experience and plans are bigger than a guy sitting behind a desk typing away eating Twinkies. I know a thing or two about recruiting as my older son and daughter have played in college D1 and D2 respectively. Buy hey, you're the expert. Carry on the hard work. You're making a difference in these girls lives!

Comment

Let me make this easy for Mr Talking Soccer Showcase expert. I'm pretty sure FKK, TBU, JFC, Sunrise, Weston, IMG, or anyone else really doesn't gives a **** about your opinion. I can guarantee their experience and plans are bigger than a guy sitting behind a desk typing away eating Twinkies. I know a thing or two about recruiting as my older son and daughter have played in college D1 and D2 respectively. Buy hey, you're the expert. Carry on the hard work. You're making a difference in these girls lives!
                      Hahahaha. Struck a nerve?

Not an expert. Just noting that a team shouldn't send 3 teams to a showcase if they don't have "showcase-worthy" players on them. Its not fair to the girls, the team and, believe it or not, the opposing teams.

Those clubs SHOULDN'T care about any opinion on TS. But they should care about the expectation that paying parents have for their child. Maybe they'll make some adjustments.

BTW, There is nothing wrong with discussing which clubs did well and which one didn't.

Need a Xanax? LOL LOL

Comment

Hahahaha. Struck a nerve?

Not an expert. Just noting that a team shouldn't send 3 teams to a showcase if they don't have "showcase-worthy" players on them. Its not fair to the girls, the team and, believe it or not, the opposing teams.

Those clubs SHOULDN'T care about any opinion on TS. But they should care about the expectation that paying parents have for their child. Maybe they'll make some adjustments.

BTW, There is nothing wrong with discussing which clubs did well and which one didn't.

Need a Xanax? LOL LOL
                        Again...thank you for all you do for youth soccer! It's a tremendous asset to all involved.

Comment

Again...thank you for all you do for youth soccer! It's a tremendous asset to all involved.
                          Hahaha

You're welcome. Anything to point out your club's deficiencies. God knows you're the same person that will be the first to point out your "rival" club's results.

Good job Krush fan-boy. LOL

On another note, I bet many college coaches went to see the teams that did well.

Any success stories? (Krush need not reply)

Comment

Hahaha

You're welcome. Anything to point out your club's deficiencies. God knows you're the same person that will be the first to point out your "rival" club's results.

Good job Krush fan-boy. LOL

On another note, I bet many college coaches went to see the teams that did well.

Any success stories? (Krush need not reply)
                            Thank you. You're a trailblazer!

Comment

Thank you. You're a trailblazer!
                              No successes or scouts at the games? I figured. Maybe at Disney. LOL

Comment

There were a couple of scouts at our games. Mainly the last game. Gave out some team info. But nothing yet. I suspect they'll be in touch with our coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X