Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like FKK, OC, Rush, JAX, Team Boca, Weston and TBU came out with losing records.
    Sunrise, IMG, Cape Coral and FESA all had winning records.
    FKK and TBU really stunk it up.
    How does FKK have 9 teams entered? No other club is even close.

From what I can gather on the total record for each club over the weekend
    (Wins-losses-draws):

FKK - 9 teams
    5-13-9

Orlando City - 2 teams
    1-4-1

Rush - 1 team
    0-3-0

Cape Coral - 2 teams
    3-2-1

FESA - 1 team
    3-0-0

FC Florida - 1 team
    1-1-1

IMG - 4 teams
    8-3-1

JASA - 3 teams
    2-4-3

Armada - 1 team
    0-2-1

Sunrise - 2 teams
    5-0-1

Team Boca - 4 teams
    2-6-4

Weston - 2 teams
    1-2-3

TBU - 5 teams
    2-12-1
    I would question why some clubs only have 1 team represented, as opposed to a club sending many teams and staying in hotels together. Some clubs have a system and are developing many teams for these showcases.

Comment

Ok being you know about style what style of soccer is TBU saying in their philosophy? All I read here is a philosophy, not a style. Also I don't see that results are what matters at this club but strive to teach and develop the sport. This whole thread was started on the fact that clubs results were horrible which in turn made the club horrible to be at. You showing the philosophy of the club just proved the point that results don't matter and that striving to teach and develop the sport is what matters.
      You make less sense each post. The results SHOULDN'T matter. But at the end of the day, if a club is not competing on equal terms, then its fair to point that out. If not, then NOTHING really matters.

Don't get into semantics of 'style' vs. 'philosophy' vs. objectives, vs. etc.

If there are two schools that claim to teach the same way and the same subjects, and that claim to make kids smarter,.......but the students at school 'A' test higher than the other,.......I can bet you'll want your child at that school.
      There could be a dozen legit reasons why school B's test scores were lower. But it won't really matter.

I have an honest question: how else can we determine if a club is properly developing its players and teams? Please don't say State Cup.

Comment

It was a showcase, idiot. It's not about wins or loses.
        Nobody said it was. But if we are looking at which clubs are more likely to develop good players, a showcase's results can be a sampling of that. Its not about wins, but these teams/coaches/players/clubs are not exactly 'trying' to lose either.

We are not judging their success at a showcase based on their record. Success should come from how many kids actually got scouted. That's not why we brought up wins.

But how can FKK and TBU realistically say they are developing good players and teams with results like that?

I can make the simple argument that the team that won 4-0 had better developed players on the field. Its obviously not that simple. But if a team is well developed, and the players are all on the same page, and the bench players are well developed and team chemistry stays consistent through every substitution, and all the players play equal minutes,......then that team will probably not lose any games 4-0.

Comment

Nobody said it was. But if we are looking at which clubs are more likely to develop good players, a showcase's results can be a sampling of that. Its not about wins, but these teams/coaches/players/clubs are not exactly 'trying' to lose either.

We are not judging their success at a showcase based on their record. Success should come from how many kids actually got scouted. That's not why we brought up wins.

But how can FKK and TBU realistically say they are developing good players and teams with results like that?

I can make the simple argument that the team that won 4-0 had better developed players on the field. Its obviously not that simple. But if a team is well developed, and the players are all on the same page, and the bench players are well developed and team chemistry stays consistent through every substitution, and all the players play equal minutes,......then that team will probably not lose any games 4-0.
          Don't be so sure.

Comment

Oh I see now. You're just another FKK hater. I think it's pretty clear the little "Rec club" has done a great job developing and showcasing their talent. With ECNL, R3pl, showcases, and ID camps, there is no shortage of "kids getting scouted".

Comment

Oh I see now. You're just another FKK hater. I think it's pretty clear the little "Rec club" has done a great job developing and showcasing their talent. With ECNL, R3pl, showcases, and ID camps, there is no shortage of "kids getting scouted".
              For the record, I know nothing about FKK. I don't care about them, I don't know any parents or coaches from FKK. I've never even dealt with FKK. But you clearly just showed why you've been defending their results for 4 pages of this thread. I'm sure they are doing fine. The CASL results were just a small example. I also stated that it was a small snapshot and it would be silly to ONLY look at CASL. So no need to continue to defend or debate.

Although there is no need to bring up ECNL. FKK JUST got ECNL. You have no clue how they will do.

So whether you are one of the FKK coaches or parents, I'm glad you bevel in the club. Which is why you should be concerned with the dismal results at CASL. Hopefully you guys can learn from that and improve for the next showcase.

Comment

Looks like FKK, OC, Rush, JAX, Team Boca, Weston and TBU came out with losing records.
                Sunrise, IMG, Cape Coral and FESA all had winning records.
                FKK and TBU really stunk it up.
                How does FKK have 9 teams entered? No other club is even close.

From what I can gather on the total record for each club over the weekend
                (Wins-losses-draws):

FKK - 9 teams
                5-13-9

Orlando City - 2 teams
                1-4-1

Rush - 1 team
                0-3-0

Cape Coral - 2 teams
                3-2-1

FESA - 1 team
                3-0-0

FC Florida - 1 team
                1-1-1

IMG - 4 teams
                8-3-1

JASA - 3 teams
                2-4-3

Armada - 1 team
                0-2-1

Sunrise - 2 teams
                5-0-1

Team Boca - 4 teams
                2-6-4

Weston - 2 teams
                1-2-3

TBU - 5 teams
                2-12-1
                This was the original post. This was discussing the results of this tournament. Nothing was said about who's developing players better or which club has the best philosophy, this post was talking about results. You want to know what's the best indicator of development, which clubs get the most players into college cause at the end of the day that's what all parents want for there kids, to play in college. For that to happen clubs have to place there players in the environments/tournaments for that to happen. See I didn't mention state Cup...

Comment

This was the original post. This was discussing the results of this tournament. Nothing was said about who's developing players better or which club has the best philosophy, this post was talking about results. You want to know what's the best indicator of development, which clubs get the most players into college cause at the end of the day that's what all parents want for there kids, to play in college. For that to happen clubs have to place there players in the environments/tournaments for that to happen. See I didn't mention state Cup...
                  OC has a good philosophy of building out of the back and place the most players into college every year.

Comment

Whatever the case is the weekend is done and now we have to look forward to Disney. Schedules will be out by the end of this week and we can start discussing who will do well in that tournament. Everyone have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. See you at Micky's house....

Comment

First, I wasn't the thread starter. Second, maybe not you, but someone brought up State Cup.

Either way, the point remains. Especially since you were responding to MY post and not the original.

Comment

Yes, I agree that the players need to be exposed to showcases to be seen by the college coaches. But the players are often developed from the time they are four years old by many different coaches and at many clubs. I do think it is the DOC's responsibility for getting many of the clubs teams to showcases like CASL. It needs to start top down. I like to see a club like FKK and TBU who are sending many teams club-wide to events like CASL.

Comment

Florida boys did well in IMG. Why are boys performing well and representing Florida well and girls are not in out of state tournaments?

Comment

Florida boys did well in IMG. Why are boys performing well and representing Florida well and girls are not in out of state tournaments?
                            IMG girls did well at CASL also. As did Cape Coral, Space Coast, FESA, and a couple others.

I think a team from each of those clubs won their bracket. I know, I know, it doesn't matter (I agree it doesn't matter). But teams are trying to score goals and win. Hopefully they are doing it by playing the way they've been taught all year and playing good soccer.

Comment

IMG girls did well at CASL also. As did Cape Coral, Space Coast, FESA, and a couple others.

I think a team from each of those clubs won their bracket. I know, I know, it doesn't matter (I agree it doesn't matter). But teams are trying to score goals and win. Hopefully they are doing it by playing the way they've been taught all year and playing good soccer.
                              Just curious, which brackets were these girls teams in?

Comment

FESA had only one decent team it could send to CASL, and every girl on that 1999 team is already committed. A club has to show more for its development across the ages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X