Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are one of the clubs you listed and we do not provide our fields to the timbers for their crap camps. I have no idea why you are taking swipes at the clubs who have pushed for oversight in this ridiculous state of affairs - your long post strangely only listed the Nike clubs (except pcu). You took a swipe at my club and you were either misinformed or passing the buck.

Are you saying that I am misinformed - that wst and Est did not lead the charge to the timbers league?

Beleow is the post you quoted word for word-the clubs listed in the post are Westside and Eastside. Your quoted text say your with a club mentioned. Those are the only 2 clubs mentioned. Please share whatever you are smoking.

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The cash cow portion of the narrative points directly at the all the clubs who hand over fields to the Peregrine group, which allows them (Peregrine) to make considerable bank off day care kiddie 'Timbers Camps'. The post goes on to illustrate how ironic it is that these same clubs that publicly bash Peregrine (Timbers/Thorns) ignorantly give fields to Peregrine without resistance.

You inject some twisted logic and spin (hoping it sticks) that this entire state of affairs has everything to do with Oregon youth club 'Timbers Alliance' branding, whereby clubs carrying this moniker are actually culpable for assisting Peregrine. The point is everyone in youth soccer is getting played.

Regarding the OPL demise and statewide league play, that's there own doing (demise) and it's well documented. Without any oversight or overhead they (OPL) just cashed checks and banked money. It was truly a scary direction that was built on collusion and compliance, some even hint at shades of racketeering. Sound familiar?

But, if we want to apply your theory and logic that WSM and ESU clubs were really always in charge of everything that happens in Oregon Youth Soccer, it follows they created the OPL and Destroyed it? Right?

If true, perhaps those dissenting clubs mentioned by the OP should find better leadership, direction and loyalty vs. being the helpless clueless pawns, left to whine about their miserable state of affairs.

The greatest misdirection ever executed is still playing out in your twisted reality with the with the clever branding of local clubs as 'Timbers by GW', Peregrine then swoops in uses nearly every non profit soccer clubs assets at little to no cost and you want to point the finger at two local non-profits clubs who are also in the same boat as all the other clubs.

We all live in this prison bud, and like most inmates you attack other inmates.

Comment

We are one of the clubs you listed below and do not provide fields to timbers for their camps.

You are either misinformed or passing the buck.

"With all that said, guess what the local clubs continue to hand over the cherished soccer fields to the Peregrine clowns who the local clubs allow to run kiddie day care in the form of a so callled 'Timbers' camp all over the State on taxpayer dollars fields/complex for again a cost of pennies on dollar. This is the other cash cow that feeds the Peregrine business model in the world of f'd up Oregon youth soccer. For all the vitriol spewed by the LOSC, THUSC, WUSC, SSC, NEU and FC Portland's of the world about the Timbers and the mythical Timbers alliance these Warren Buffet educatied coaching bums, actually gladly provide the fields to the Peregrine group, yes they are really that stupid.

Only themselves to blame."

Comment

Agreed. So the best you can do is try and wade through it as best you and look out for the best interest of your child. Best lesson to any newbie is don't be loyal to clubs because they won't be loyal to you. Accept that reality and it actually can be a more manageable process.
        And the above is the problem with US Soccer. There is no loyalty. From club or parent. The clubs do a crappy job at developing but when a player thrives at a club the parents look for the next best thing. Soccer in OR is total BS and the worst I have ever seen, Horrible DOC's = horrible coaching staff!

Comment

Our DoC is a great coach but only coaches his few top teams and doesn't teach the other coaches to coach like he does. If your kid isn't on one of his teams they are out of luck.

Comment

Our DoC is a great coach but only coaches his few top teams and doesn't teach the other coaches to coach like he does. If your kid isn't on one of his teams they are out of luck.
            This sounds like almost every other club in the city.

Comment

Our DOC doesn't coach a team. Watches every team practice and coaches during games.

Comment

We are one of the clubs you listed below and do not provide fields to timbers for their camps.

You are either misinformed or passing the buck.

"With all that said, guess what the local clubs continue to hand over the cherished soccer fields to the Peregrine clowns who the local clubs allow to run kiddie day care in the form of a so callled 'Timbers' camp all over the State on taxpayer dollars fields/complex for again a cost of pennies on dollar. This is the other cash cow that feeds the Peregrine business model in the world of f'd up Oregon youth soccer. For all the vitriol spewed by the LOSC, THUSC, WUSC, SSC, NEU and FC Portland's of the world about the Timbers and the mythical Timbers alliance these Warren Buffet educatied coaching bums, actually gladly provide the fields to the Peregrine group, yes they are really that stupid.

Only themselves to blame."
                Actually I know a few of those clubs listed above listed that host 'Timbers' camps one of them even sent us group email promoting it via the Club Bonzi platform.

Ignorance is Bliss.

Comment

Actually I know a few of those clubs listed above listed that host 'Timbers' camps one of them even sent us group email promoting it via the Club Bonzi platform.

Ignorance is Bliss.
                  I don't think the clubs are sending those; Timbers have your email address through your player's registration.

Comment

I don't think the clubs are sending those; Timbers have your email address through your player's registration.
                    Yes, you are partly correct. Timbers do have your email address and will send flyers. However, the person's statement of his/her club sending out materials on behalf of the Timbers is also correct.

Comment

Ignorance is Bliss.
                      We get lots of stuff forwarded from the DoC via the team manager. Some of it includes mention of soccer camps and other opportunities--and yes, some of it is from the Timbers, but not all of it.

Coaches and coaching directors are fond of bulk-emailing parents on all sorts of soccer-relevant topics. That an announcement of a Timbers' camp might be among this is hardly evidence of wrongdoing.

"OMG, the club uses Bonzi or TeamSnap to 'promote' Timbers camps" is so laughably lame, I don't know where to start, though I might suggest the "delete" button on your email client.

Comment

We get lots of stuff forwarded from the DoC via the team manager. Some of it includes mention of soccer camps and other opportunities--and yes, some of it is from the Timbers, but not all of it.

Coaches and coaching directors are fond of bulk-emailing parents on all sorts of soccer-relevant topics. That an announcement of a Timbers' camp might be among this is hardly evidence of wrongdoing.

"OMG, the club uses Bonzi or TeamSnap to 'promote' Timbers camps" is so laughably lame, I don't know where to start, though I might suggest the "delete" button on your email client.
                        My DD has played at FC for several years and not once have we received any communication from the club re: Timbers camps, ODP, RTC, etc. Imagine that :)

Comment

My DD has played at FC for several years and not once have we received any communication from the club re: Timbers camps, ODP, RTC, etc. Imagine that :)
                          That's because FC wants you to only drink their Kool-Aid and keep the brainwashing going do you can spend $10k a year on ECNL from 7th grade through 12th grade. Lord forbid your child be good enough to make ODP.

Comment

That's because FC wants you to only drink their Kool-Aid and keep the brainwashing going do you can spend $10k a year on ECNL from 7th grade through 12th grade. Lord forbid your child be good enough to make ODP.
                            There isn't a kid at FC that couldn't make ODP. Just the facts.

Comment

There isn't a kid at FC that could make ODP. Just the facts.

That isn't very nice.

Comment

There have been a few FCP girls that have made the ODP team over the years. Not many but some.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X