Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    UP was never a "great soccer school". For a handful of years they had the world's best player, and they won a lot of games. Before and since, nothing.
    You mean they were really good for a short while like. 93 thru 2012. Is that the flash in the pan you are referring to?

Comment

Sorry I hurt your feelings GS. This must be you or a crony as you are degrading my daughter. Hey little man, we couldn't be happier at another private school, daughter loved it and I love her. Just sad to see what you have done to what was a great soccer school. Now, "just" a great school.
      Let's be honest, it's what GS is. He was an average player that rode Clive's coattail for a few years. Now the program is a reflection of his coaching knowledge and style of play. The style of play is like watching a game in a time warp. When I walk into Merlo Field it's like going back to 1993 to watch a game. GS's coaching style is outdated. It's time for some new blood and GS needs to renew his licensing. I would bet with the new criteria of the "A" license that he would fail the course.

Comment

You mean they were really good for a short while like. 93 thru 2012. Is that the flash in the pan you are referring to?
        No, for about 5 years in the early 2000's. Before, and after, not much to write home about.

Comment

Let's be honest, it's what GS is. He was an average player that rode Clive's coattail for a few years. Now the program is a reflection of his coaching knowledge and style of play. The style of play is like watching a game in a time warp. When I walk into Merlo Field it's like going back to 1993 to watch a game. GS's coaching style is outdated. It's time for some new blood and GS needs to renew his licensing. I would bet with the new criteria of the "A" license that he would fail the course.
          Yeah, would be better to get some of those Timbers Alliance coaches in there so we can time warp back to the 70's instead.

Comment

No, for about 5 years in the early 2000's. Before, and after, not much to write home about.
            smh . . you just have no idea what you are talking about. whenever I see this much disdain for a particular person, team or club in this forum it is so obviously tainted with jealousy. every time. without fail. it is the one emotion that brings out the absolute worst in people. UofP has been and will continue to be the best program in the PacNW. Go back and watch that UW game from a month ago if you need a reminder.

Comment

Enough living off of Clive's reputation. His lack of coaching ability is proven by current results. Why would a top recruit choose UP now?
              Your laughable. A current winning record and you're whining. In general, "Top" recruits have never chosen UP before. Stanford, UNC, UCLA and other marquee programs have on a whole, always gotten the "TOP" recruits. Does that mean the recruits UP gets are sub par? Hell no!

Other programs have stepped up their commitment to improving women's soccer so recruiting is infinitely more difficult. UP continues to win and compete despite the current landscape.

Your whining sounds like sour grapes. BTW, I am not GS or even affiliated with him. Winning record and you're whining.....SMH

Comment

Sorry I hurt your feelings GS. This must be you or a crony as you are degrading my daughter. Hey little man, we couldn't be happier at another private school, daughter loved it and I love her. Just sad to see what you have done to what was a great soccer school. Now, "just" a great school.
                GS wouldn't waste his time on this site. My interaction with him is in the two years my dd was over there at FCP and he was nothing but a class act and he and the other coaches and the club were complete class acts toward her. He was not her coach, but he treated her great and was always a good person to her and to us. Sorry your panties are in a wad and your dd had to resort to Lewis and Clark to get some playing time. Sometimes it's difficult to accept the fact that your dd sucks but hey, I'm sure you got used to it. All those years at FCP on the white teams should have told you she wasn't going to amount to much. But then again, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. Save your bellyaching for Oregon and Oregon State as they are making coaching changes this year and next, respectively. Goodbye Kat and Linus.

Comment

smh . . you just have no idea what you are talking about. whenever I see this much disdain for a particular person, team or club in this forum it is so obviously tainted with jealousy. every time. without fail. it is the one emotion that brings out the absolute worst in people. UofP has been and will continue to be the best program in the PacNW. Go back and watch that UW game from a month ago if you need a reminder.
                  Exactly. It's from a dad who has a daughter who sucked as a soccer player but dad couldn't accept that so he comes on here with a vendetta. And with lots of anger too. Hope he has no sharp knives within reach.

Comment

Exactly. It's from a dad who has a daughter who sucked as a soccer player but dad couldn't accept that so he comes on here with a vendetta. And with lots of anger too. Hope he has no sharp knives within reach.
                    And then you get the posts from supporters who wear blindfolds. The responses attacking the DD do not work. They do not get any reaction whatsoever. They actually show how stupid you are. If UofP is the best in PacNW then we are is a sorry state. Well, I know we are in a sorry state. Oregon has got to be one of the worst states for developing soccer players. It works when the families here know nothing about the game.

Comment

And then you get the posts from supporters who wear blindfolds. The responses attacking the DD do not work. They do not get any reaction whatsoever. They actually show how stupid you are. If UofP is the best in PacNW then we are is a sorry state. Well, I know we are in a sorry state. Oregon has got to be one of the worst states for developing soccer players. It works when the families here know nothing about the game.
                      Sorry dad. Be happy she hasn't come out of the closet yet.

Comment

then do us all a favor and move.

Comment

then do us all a favor and move.
                          Sane people don't move based on the level of youth soccer played in their state.

Comment

Sane people don't move based on the level of youth soccer played in their state.
                            sane people don't waste their time anonymously posting on chat boards about how bad the level of youth soccer is in their state either. So now that we have established that you are crazy, please move.

Comment

Some poster on here seems to really have an axe to grind against GS and for no apparent reason. He claims his daughter went to some other school. The only logical conclusion is that GS didn't give his daughter the time of day and he now takes to some anonymous chat board to discuss how bad GS is. Unless you are an alum of UP, or some booster that gives the school a bunch of money, or have some other stake in the school, it comes off completely as sour grapes. If one hasn't noticed, the landscape of women's soccer has gotten much more competitive. Even the great UNC and Anson Doran isn't winning national championships with regularity. Heck, they aren't even winning the ACC every year. To win in college soccer, it's a lot harder now. Every Pac 12 school, except for Oregon and Oregon State, are now getting WNT players from the US as well as abroad. And youth development is significantly better than it was 20 years ago. Listen to the WNT players from the 90's and they will tell you that they would have a difficult time making today's roster. This entire rant appears to be some disgruntled dad who has a bone to pick with GS.

Comment

Some poster on here seems to really have an axe to grind against GS and for no apparent reason. He claims his daughter went to some other school. The only logical conclusion is that GS didn't give his daughter the time of day and he now takes to some anonymous chat board to discuss how bad GS is. Unless you are an alum of UP, or some booster that gives the school a bunch of money, or have some other stake in the school, it comes off completely as sour grapes. If one hasn't noticed, the landscape of women's soccer has gotten much more competitive. Even the great UNC and Anson Doran isn't winning national championships with regularity. Heck, they aren't even winning the ACC every year. To win in college soccer, it's a lot harder now. Every Pac 12 school, except for Oregon and Oregon State, are now getting WNT players from the US as well as abroad. And youth development is significantly better than it was 20 years ago. Listen to the WNT players from the 90's and they will tell you that they would have a difficult time making today's roster. This entire rant appears to be some disgruntled dad who has a bone to pick with GS.

You seem so clueless yet so ignorant with your reasoning.

How about the idea that GS is a used car salesman peddling snake oil that gets you on the hook then trapped once you figure out you've been had.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X