Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Checking in here from Lynnwood Washington and yes, I am a crossfire premier parent. There appears to be a lot more dialogue here than in the Washington foreign forums. I figured I might as well drop a line with a quick recap of the in NWCL final yesterday.

This was a nice battle of two very stingy defenses and we knew we were in for a dog fight after seeing FC Portland crush our B team in Phoenix 7-1 a couple of weekends ago! They came out in a 1-3-3-1 formation and probably control position 60-40 in the first half, with a few more shots. I think that we definitely had the advantage on the set pieces, having to corner kicks connect with our heads direct on target, but FC Portman's goal keeper is a big boy with quick reflexes and was able to get to both of them ( we had a shot connect with the crossbar) The game was very physical, with players from both teams been warned multiple times and again been stopped on one occasion for the referee to converse with two players from each team. There was no dirty play, just two teams with the boys that really wanted to win.
    As the second half started we did a better job of keeping the field spread and controlled possession probably 70-30 and made some defense of adjustments. In the first half FC Portland's center forward/striker did an outstanding job of making a target and holding position until the midfielders arrived. We would pressure with our center back along with another defender and then break one of them off as FC Portland midfielders came down the field. It was noted during the half that this striker seemed as though he may have been a reluctant passer and so in the second half we kept the pressure with two defenders on him as he tried to power through our boys, but without success. As time expired according to our clocks that we were using, us parents begin to discuss the rules of NWCL ( overtime or straight to pks). The referee (who called an excellent game by the way) let the boys continue to play, probably adding a bit of stoppage time due to our goalkeeper change and Time taken to warn players about excessive aggressiveness.
    The winning shot. Unsure whether it would be the last play or not, FC Portland pushed forward hard on a corner kick. We were able to clear out and ran the field hard on the counter attack. Our boy dribbled the ball from left to right down the field and as he got about to touch is inside the 18 yard box, he took the shot to the far post. This was not a hard shot and it rolled on the ground, but FC Portland's keeper had just moved to the near post and the shot was not visible to him until it cleared the defender Who had retreated and was marking well. After roughly 62 minutes of play the crossfire boys were energized with emotion and the FC Portland boys collapsed on the field in disappointment! The referee let FC Portland start play again and get about two touches and then called the game.
    This was an excellent game to watch and it was nice to see youngsters compete so hard. Although crossfire probably had a better time of possession, it was definitely a game that could have gone either way.
    Crossfire Parent:

Excellent recap of the game. It was great to watch and Good luck as you advance.

The only dark cloud hanging over the game was the Crossfire parent shouting at an Fc Player to get up and stop faking. This type of behavior is completely out of line. As far as I am concerned you can have your opinion about the play, you can yell and disagree with the referee but yelling at players especially the other teams players is out of bounds. I hope you and the rest of your parent group can help the offending father contain himself and enjoy the great game and performance by your team.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1994217]Your recap of Copa vs PCU.

I'll be brief with this one--this was expected to be a mismatch, and it was. (Copa 7, PCU 0). Weather at Buckman was miserable (a nasty rain and snow mix). PCU held Westside scoreless for about 20 minutes, but then gave up three goals within about two minutes, at which point the match was effectively over. Copa notched four more goals after the break. PCU played well, but were simply outgunned in this one.

Copa now has four clean sheets in a row in OYSA play (we'll ignore NWCL and the Vegas Cup), a string that will be challenged in two weeks when Navy pays a visit to Conestoga MS in two weeks.

*** is this supposed to mean???????????????
      You think Navy is the only team that can give you any competition??????????
      Remember, you lost to ADF!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1994780]
        Your recap of Copa vs PCU.

I'll be brief with this one--this was expected to be a mismatch, and it was. (Copa 7, PCU 0). Weather at Buckman was miserable (a nasty rain and snow mix). PCU held Westside scoreless for about 20 minutes, but then gave up three goals within about two minutes, at which point the match was effectively over. Copa notched four more goals after the break. PCU played well, but were simply outgunned in this one.

Copa now has four clean sheets in a row in OYSA play (we'll ignore NWCL and the Vegas Cup), a string that will be challenged in two weeks when Navy pays a visit to Conestoga MS in two weeks.

*** is this supposed to mean???????????????
        You think Navy is the only team that can give you any competition??????????
        Remember, you lost to ADF!!!!!!!!!
        I will grant you that Copa is playing well, and seems to be really clicking. But, I think the past 10 months have proven that all of these teams are capable of beating each other. I mean, ADF has had success against Copa, and some might argue that they shoould have beaten them twice. For that matter, looking back to last Summer and Fall league, Crossfire beat Copa twice and had a tie with them. Obviously, something was off in the matchup this Spring. I appreciate and enjoy the Copa recaps as much as the next person. And I even understand, and expect that there will be a little "puffed out chest" hidden in the narrative. But I think you are going to need to pull back and hold off on crowning these kids. This is Spring League. The equivalent of taking your Sister to Prom...it means nothing. Now if Copa continues to rip it up through State Cup, than that will mean a great deal.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1994793]

I will grant you that Copa is playing well, and seems to be really clicking. But, I think the past 10 months have proven that all of these teams are capable of beating each other. I mean, ADF has had success against Copa, and some might argue that they shoould have beaten them twice. For that matter, looking back to last Summer and Fall league, Crossfire beat Copa twice and had a tie with them. Obviously, something was off in the matchup this Spring. I appreciate and enjoy the Copa recaps as much as the next person. And I even understand, and expect that there will be a little "puffed out chest" hidden in the narrative. But I think you are going to need to pull back and hold off on crowning these kids. This is Spring League. The equivalent of taking your Sister to Prom...it means nothing. Now if Copa continues to rip it up through State Cup, than that will mean a great deal.
          At this point, it looks like a three-team race (ADF, Copa, and Navy). That said:

* Crossfire might fix whatever is ailing them (they haven't looked good in Spring League at all; whether this is due to injuries or what I don't know).
          * Many teams tweak their rosters, playing possum during fall and spring and then putting out their best for Cup.
          * Many teams change their style from pedagogical (play it out of the back) to win-now (boot it long!) when games become important.

And ADF has beaten Copa twice; once in fall and once in spring. Copa returned the favor in late fall. Crossfire has beaten Copa twice (including Clash at the Border), and Copa has beaten them once. Copa still hasn't beaten Navy yet this year (two ties in OYSA play, one 1-0 loss in NWCL). All teams have weaknesses, including Westside--and my recaps shouldn't be construed in the slightest as proclaiming Copa the overwhelming favorite. Especially a recap about yesterday's game vs PCU--whether Westside can beat PCU says little about whether or not they can beat the contenders.

Comment

The competitive winds can blow any direction with 11 year old kids.
            Maybe CFC will win it all :)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1994889]

At this point, it looks like a three-team race (ADF, Copa, and Navy). That said:

* Crossfire might fix whatever is ailing them (they haven't looked good in Spring League at all; whether this is due to injuries or what I don't know).
              * Many teams tweak their rosters, playing possum during fall and spring and then putting out their best for Cup.
              * Many teams change their style from pedagogical (play it out of the back) to win-now (boot it long!) when games become important.

And ADF has beaten Copa twice; once in fall and once in spring. Copa returned the favor in late fall. Crossfire has beaten Copa twice (including Clash at the Border), and Copa has beaten them once. Copa still hasn't beaten Navy yet this year (two ties in OYSA play, one 1-0 loss in NWCL). All teams have weaknesses, including Westside--and my recaps shouldn't be construed in the slightest as proclaiming Copa the overwhelming favorite. Especially a recap about yesterday's game vs PCU--whether Westside can beat PCU says little about whether or not they can beat the contenders.
              I get what you are saying, and I cannot disagree. But I will caution that come State Cup, all bets are off.

Comment

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the prospect of Westside kicking ADP's butt makes me smile.

Comment

Crossfire Parent:

Excellent recap of the game. It was great to watch and Good luck as you advance.

The only dark cloud hanging over the game was the Crossfire parent shouting at an Fc Player to get up and stop faking. This type of behavior is completely out of line. As far as I am concerned you can have your opinion about the play, you can yell and disagree with the referee but yelling at players especially the other teams players is out of bounds. I hope you and the rest of your parent group can help the offending father contain himself and enjoy the great game and performance by your team.
                  For a FC Parent to complain about other parent conduct is like the pot calling the kettle black. While I agree, you have no room to talk. Your parent group is as bad as it gets in terms of conduct.

Comment

For a FC Parent to complain about other parent conduct is like the pot calling the kettle black. While I agree, you have no room to talk. Your parent group is as bad as it gets in terms of conduct.
                    Not an FC Parent. I was there to see another game. Know some FC people and was chatting when I heard Crossfire Dad yelling at 11 year old. Good to see you got the right message from the post. Don't worry about an 11 year being yelled out by an adult. FC parents are bad. Get a clue

Comment

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the prospect of Westside kicking ADP's butt makes me smile.
                      Copa's going to defeat a payroll outsourcing company?

Comment

They overcharge and ****ed up our migration.

Comment

Not an FC Parent. I was there to see another game. Know some FC people and was chatting when I heard Crossfire Dad yelling at 11 year old. Good to see you got the right message from the post. Don't worry about an 11 year being yelled out by an adult. FC parents are bad. Get a clue
                          Lie! Clearly it's the same FC dad that is on here every hour tossing out anonymous punches.

Comment

Hahaha...this made me snicker.

Comment

The FC monitoring system is always alerted when there is any post that even hints at besmirching their brand. Of course this was an FC parent. You could tell by the response. Classic FC response..."it's not us, it's you."

Sadly, the point of the original post is being lost. Definitely not okay for any parent to be yelling at a child, let alone another teams' child.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1994972]The FC monitoring system is always alerted when there is any post that even hints at besmirching their brand. Of course this was an FC parent./QUOTE]

By the blessed and holy name of St. Clive, it shall be done. Amen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X