Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coaches know who have won which awards. Some have posted on Twitter already.
    Feel free to direct us to one of those tweets.

Comment

Feel free to direct us to one of those tweets.
      About the only one I've seen is from East Bridgewater. Are there more?

Comment

About the only one I've seen is from East Bridgewater. Are there more?
        Whitman Hanson Ad has posted. They have an All American. Congrats to that player !

Comment

Whitman Hanson Ad has posted. They have an All American. Congrats to that player !
          ADs should not send out tweets until the list of achievements are made public

Comment

It is kind of bush league. Our coach always waits until the banquet to announce.

Comment

Figures EB and WH send out tweets.

Comment

It is kind of bush league. Our coach always waits until the banquet to announce.
                ..... Why wait? that make's zero sense at all. If you had players named to League All stars or Eastern Mass all stars wouldn't you want to reward them and provide them with an extra confidence boost heading into the tournament which is the most important time of the year? Maybe your coach isn't smart enough to realize confidence in high school soccer is huge when it comes to success.

Comment

..... Why wait? that make's zero sense at all. If you had players named to League All stars or Eastern Mass all stars wouldn't you want to reward them and provide them with an extra confidence boost heading into the tournament which is the most important time of the year? Maybe your coach isn't smart enough to realize confidence in high school soccer is huge when it comes to success.
                  I concur. I suspect it's withheld not for the benefit of the top players, who likely expect it, but to not lose those on the fringe who might check out if they find out they did not make it. IMO, if the votes are in, the leagues and associations should make the announcement. It's not like they change after the fact.

Comment

Figures EB and WH send out tweets.
                    EB girls soccer tweeted that they have an all-American as well ! Congrats.

Comment

isn't there only one All American named each year. Everyone gets a trophy now?

Comment

isn't there only one All American named each year. Everyone gets a trophy now?
                        I think Mass had 3 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered;1t940460
                          An All American from D4?? Seriously?

Comment

An All American from D4?? Seriously?
                            She's a very good player for any division. That said, statistics get inflated when playing against high school rec players. I think my kid could get 6 goals a game against a U-12 town team.

Comment

She's a very good player for any division. That said, statistics get inflated when playing against high school rec players. I think my kid could get 6 goals a game against a U-12 town team.
                              Sounds like a lifetime achievement award, which doesn't seem uncommon with these types of awards.

Comment

How do we know how good she is? She piles up goals against weak teams. She stands up top and waits for her team to do all the dirty work. She rarely comes out despite the score and the coach is close friends with "some" parents. To me this discounts the prestige of the award. And yes she can't help what division she plays in but you shouldn't get rewarded for it either. Jmo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X