Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I take it that they use the league rankings to determine 1st,2nd,all state, all NE etc.? Or is there also a team record component? Last year's all state list pretty much covers most of highly seeded teams vs 1st and 2nd teams which probably makes sense that their players would grade high in their respective leagues but it's also hard to distinguish the leagues and how many each get.

Comment

http://www.emsca.org/

But does not look like it's updated much. Anyone find anything better?
      No. All are correct that publicizing this does not seem a priority. If memory serves, this comes out closer to Thanksgiving if at all. The individual players find out sooner by letter. The game itself might be the day after Thanksgiving if it's still held. Makes sense to do it after the tournament is complete, but now that there are club tournaments that weekend, players are tugged in 2 directions at that time.

As for how players are selected, there are quotas by league, so it's hardly identifying all the best players. For example a 10+-team league gets something like 5 players, no matter if it's the Bay State or EIL.

Comment

Is this just a bragging rights thing? I've never seen anything about all star recognition. Does it come into play in recruiting?

Comment

Is this just a bragging rights thing? I've never seen anything about all star recognition. Does it come into play in recruiting?
          If you win this one, I think you will then also be eligible for all-state, all-new england and all-american or something close to this.

Comment

If you win this one, I think you will then also be eligible for all-state, all-new england and all-american or something close to this.
            Weren't all Americans announced a few weeks ago? Seems like they work backwards on that one.

Comment

Weren't all Americans announced a few weeks ago? Seems like they work backwards on that one.
              All Americans have not been announced. Players were selected to play in the All American game, but that is not the same as the All American selection which is done at the end of the high school season. Last year there were players who played in the All American game who were ultimately not selected as All Americans.

Comment

All Americans have not been announced. Players were selected to play in the All American game, but that is not the same as the All American selection which is done at the end of the high school season. Last year there were players who played in the All American game who were ultimately not selected as All Americans.
                Um.... [facepalm]

I don't even know what to say about that, besides that is pretty F'd up.

Comment

Um.... [facepalm]

I think it is just the logistics of needing to get the game set up with available players before the season ends and there being a limit on the number of All American selections per state. Either way, a huge honor for players selected for either.

Comment

No, recruiting is based almost solely on performance with your club team.

Comment

I think it is just the logistics of needing to get the game set up with available players before the season ends and there being a limit on the number of All American selections per state. Either way, a huge honor for players selected for either.
                      Without a doubt.

Also explains the Mass player selected for the game who has been hurt for most of the season, not sure if she is back now though.

Comment

That's correct. You have to be recognized as an E.Mass. all-star first, and then it narrows from there. Those recognized should be pleased, but again, it's set up with quotas by league (basically treating all leagues as equal caliber), so those who aren't recognized shouldn't feel slighted. It's the nature of the process.

Comment

It definitely shows up on college player's profiles. They usually just mention the club and I suppose it makes sense as there really aren't many honors in club besides OD2, PDP, ODP Regional selections (not really club I know), etc., but no all-star teams.

The lists always do seem to mimic the league rankings. I'm not sure who presents what for higher honors, if it's the actual coach or the league rep but, from what I've heard most leagues take their rankings very seriously and they usually get it right or close enough.

Comment

Um.... [facepalm]

Maybe the piece that's missing is that more than one organization can name all-Americans. The one that people are mostly talking about here is the one done by the coaches' association. There are plenty of coaches who are not even members of that, which rules out players from their team receiving this particular recognition.

Comment

Yes it is that's why you see 10-0 wins with one kid scoring 5 goals.

Comment

Coaches know who have won which awards. Some have posted on Twitter already.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X