Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And yet most of the kids who won All State or All NE deserved it.
    The list having "most of the kids" deserving it can be true (as it is every year) AND it can also be true that it's an absurdly political process that results in a small number of names being held down or omitted altogether and/or names placed too high or included at all (as it happens every year).

Comment

The list having "most of the kids" deserving it can be true (as it is every year) AND it can also be true that it's an absurdly political process that results in a small number of names being held down or omitted altogether and/or names placed too high or included at all (as it happens every year).

Where are the lists for boys and girls?

Comment

Where are the lists for boys and girls?
        Girls site: http://www.emgsca.org/

Boys site: http://www.emsca.org/
        This one is not updated and hasn't been kept up for a couple of years at least.

Comment

This shows how much you know about soccer. The D1 AA's job is to control the midfield, set the pace of game and set things in motion - not necessarily to score, while being double and triple teamed at all times. The D4 AA's job is to
          Sit up top, wait for the ball and go against very weak defenses. You cannot come close to comparing what they do because first and foremost the competition is so different. Like I said, when going against D1 teams the D4 does nothing, when going against D1 teams, the D1 AA consistently does her job very well. Comparing apples to oranges. Agree to disagree, let's wait and see how the D4 AA handles college, being AA would suggest she should play significant role next year, and contribute on offense.
          This is ridiculous. Anyone playing for WH has an obvious advantage having teammates who outclass their opponents at most positions in almost all games. This makes it easier to move the ball and find mismatches and control the ball in most 50/50 situations. If EB was moved to a higher level the AA wouldn't see the ball because her teammates can't get it to her and don't present options for her when she does get it.

What would happen if the WH player played for EB and vice versa. I think EB would score less and WH would score more so who's more valuable?

Comment

This is ridiculous. Anyone playing for WH has an obvious advantage having teammates who outclass their opponents at most positions in almost all games. This makes it easier to move the ball and find mismatches and control the ball in most 50/50 situations. If EB was moved to a higher level the AA wouldn't see the ball because her teammates can't get it to her and don't present options for her when she does get it.

What would happen if the WH player played for EB and vice versa. I think EB would score less and WH would score more so who's more valuable?
            Some one is cranky..... why don't you just stop responding. Because the EB Girl's award was so after the fact, No one takes it seriously, nor will they. Just stop bringing it up and the negative attention this award has brought to her will stop.

Comment

Some one is cranky..... why don't you just stop responding. Because the EB Girl's award was so after the fact, No one takes it seriously, nor will they. Just stop bringing it up and the negative attention this award has brought to her will stop.
              Both awards were bought and paid for. One before the vote and one after. Let's just agree the process is flawed.

Comment

Both awards were bought and paid for. One before the vote and one after. Let's just agree the process is flawed.
                Agreed. I can actually understand the d4 one more. Unimpressed with the other.

Comment

Agreed. I can actually understand the d4 one more. Unimpressed with the other.
                  New poster here. I've seen them both play multiple times. Both good players but one is very one dimensional. Not sure I've seen her defend anything but her stats. The other is hit or miss. Sometimes feels like playing other times looks disinterested. Have no connection to either and while they're both very good players I'd give the nod to the one with the gaudy numbers. Jmo

Comment

Can't wait until the Globe publishes its all-scholastics. No doubt this thread will burn up for days.

Comment

Can't wait until the Globe publishes its all-scholastics. No doubt this thread will burn up for days.
                      Globe is clueless. Their overall coverage this year was weak. They'll most likely rely on emgca which most agree is a political cesspool.

Comment

Globe is clueless. Their overall coverage this year was weak. They'll most likely rely on emgca which most agree is a political cesspool.
                        Exactly my point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X