Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard another parent describing club soccer this way...

"First Class or Bulk Freight."

They went on to say that the funny thing about club soccer parents, most don't know they were bulk freight, but still paid first class, until the ride is over.
    Nailed it and lived it, and walked away.

Comment

The above is truth!

Comment

Organization like TopDrawerSoccer are some of the reason US isn't focused on development by nature of them trying to rate players at such early ages and random criteria (not like measured speed, technical skills, etc etc.) It becomes about stuff like this instead of letting kids make mistakes and develop naturally. They are rating 13 year olds and why? And they rate them four stars...how can that be? This can actually be a disservice to even those players as many of them think they are already there.

Comment

Organization like TopDrawerSoccer are some of the reason US isn't focused on development by nature of them trying to rate players at such early ages and random criteria (not like measured speed, technical skills, etc etc.) It becomes about stuff like this instead of letting kids make mistakes and develop naturally. They are rating 13 year olds and why? And they rate them four stars...how can that be? This can actually be a disservice to even those players as many of them think they are already there.
          Because parents are insane, that's why.

Comment

Can you even get stars before you pay

Comment

On my daughters team there is one player who gets to take every corner, every free kick, every pk. Not always consistent either. My concern is how is every other player on the team going to get comfortable with these skills if they are never allowed to take them? This tells me the coach is only concerned with winning games and not necessarily developing the whole team. Am I right?

Comment

They rate by graduation year. the lowest in boys 2021 which makes them 14+ - usually with YNT experience

Comment

On my daughters team there is one player who gets to take every corner, every free kick, every pk. Not always consistent either. My concern is how is every other player on the team going to get comfortable with these skills if they are never allowed to take them? This tells me the coach is only concerned with winning games and not necessarily developing the whole team. Am I right?
                  You are absolutely right. This is a pet peeve of mine - to make a sweeping statement, the majority of the coaches in US youth soccer have no clue how to develop players, either boys or girls. And often times, they don't care. Here in Massachusetts, I would not be surprised if over 50% of the coaches are from Great Britain (typically England and Ireland), and many are here as mercenaries or just for a paid vacation. A lot of them lack basic personal interest in the players and in developing them. There is a reason that US soccer has stalled.

Comment

The brit coach thing kills me. If you're such a big bad football coach from europe, what on earth are you doing here coaching 12 year old girls half the time?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X