Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Leaving aside the personalities (and people obviously have their issues with the head guy), Aztec is actually uniquely well positioned from a size perspective on the north shore. You have the mom-and-pop clubs, which are good when the kids are little but eventually can't compete as they get older (and will have to play in MAPLE). Then you have the big clubs, but the problem is that the best kids eventually will get poached by the club's "elite" team, so their parents get stuck driving long distances for training (and all the other kids are left playing on the "not first" regional north shore team). What Aztec should try to do is to restore it's position where they consolidate all the best kids on the north shore into one team- then you get a team which can compete at the top-end of NPL and the parents get a shorter drive. Some kids/parents will still want to play DAP/GDAP/ECNL or for the "elite" GPS/NEFC team and will be willing to make the drive, but I bet lots of people are OK with just being on a competitive team (with a coach who's not screaming at them).
    True, but the facts are that the coaches here are like a revolving door and no one is staying, it is season to season as to whom is coaching which teams and Aztec only has a few strong teams left and lots of rosters that need filling. They no longer are attractive and true they can place in 1 team per age group in the New England NPL but the majority of the teams they are placing there are being destroyed, the league will not allow this to continue much longer. These teams will struggle to even be placed above mid tier at local tournaments because their records are so poor. They need to bring in some good solid coaches to start rebuilding the club. They also need to change some items on their website, when you go to "About Aztec" the three teams they are highlighting for winning state cup are PL, DS and EK.....why would they use these guys to promote the club?

Comment

True, but the facts are that the coaches here are like a revolving door and no one is staying, it is season to season as to whom is coaching which teams and Aztec only has a few strong teams left and lots of rosters that need filling. They no longer are attractive and true they can place in 1 team per age group in the New England NPL but the majority of the teams they are placing there are being destroyed, the league will not allow this to continue much longer. These teams will struggle to even be placed above mid tier at local tournaments because their records are so poor. They need to bring in some good solid coaches to start rebuilding the club. They also need to change some items on their website, when you go to "About Aztec" the three teams they are highlighting for winning state cup are PL, DS and EK.....why would they use these guys to promote the club?
      In my opinion the pendulum has swung to far in the other direction for Aztec to recover. The people who built it are gone and those who are associated with negativity remain. I'm still active in the North Shore and I can tell you outside of 3-9 year old crowd it's buyer beware!

Comment

In my opinion the pendulum has swung to far in the other direction for Aztec to recover. The people who built it are gone and those who are associated with negativity remain. I'm still active in the North Shore and I can tell you outside of 3-9 year old crowd it's buyer beware!
        So true. It's time to cut ties. Leave now, find a new club/team that works for you and your child. Most reputable clubs understand the $$ aspect and will work with you. If you wait for tryouts it'll be too late

Comment

Leaving aside the personalities (and people obviously have their issues with the head guy), Aztec is actually uniquely well positioned from a size perspective on the north shore. You have the mom-and-pop clubs, which are good when the kids are little but eventually can't compete as they get older (and will have to play in MAPLE). Then you have the big clubs, but the problem is that the best kids eventually will get poached by the club's "elite" team, so their parents get stuck driving long distances for training (and all the other kids are left playing on the "not first" regional north shore team). What Aztec should try to do is to restore it's position where they consolidate all the best kids on the north shore into one team- then you get a team which can compete at the top-end of NPL and the parents get a shorter drive. Some kids/parents will still want to play DAP/GDAP/ECNL or for the "elite" GPS/NEFC team and will be willing to make the drive, but I bet lots of people are OK with just being on a competitive team (with a coach who's not screaming at them).
          What some see as poaching we see as opportunity. We have great coaching right here in our backyard and know that we can have the NPL, ECNL or Academy experience if our kids are good enough and we are willing to drive. It's one stop shopping and the overall experience has been outstanding. We don't have a 3rd or 4th team mentality it's about development for college. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!!!!

Comment

One of the 03 gk left? which one?
            The best one?

Comment

The silence is growing and natives are restless. The 2002 age group is falling apart and the 2001 is a complete mess. These teams will not even be able to field 11 players once the npl season starts. GC, is there a plan? Or is it JB, who is the director?

Comment

What's the issue with those age groups? I hear the 05 age group is short players as well?

Comment

numbers

Comment

The silence is growing and natives are restless. The 2002 age group is falling apart and the 2001 is a complete mess. These teams will not even be able to field 11 players once the npl season starts. GC, is there a plan? Or is it JB, who is the director?
                    What 02 team can't field 11 players? I need to stop dropping my daughter off at practice if she's the only one there. Or maybe this is a good thing now she's free one on one's with the coach.

Comment

This is bizarre. If there is a lot of activity on here you say the club is in trouble. If there isn't much activity on here, you still say the club is in trouble. You've definitely got clear intentions, I gotta hand it to you

Comment

stop with all the intentions comments.. Everyone here has some sort of intention. Everyone knows that and its clear. You either support aztec which seems just a minority or you do not like whats happening at the club and you vent here. To back to the subject what are the numbers for the 02s and 05s. Are they low? The club wont answer an emails so may be this site will. Also did anyone see the Umass Lowell thread? Will JB stay with Aztec? or is he looking for another job? I heard the kids who committed to that school now have backed out?

Comment

Again, the management at Aztec refuses to answer emails. There are major issues on the girls side and this will no doubt leak into the boys as well. Many rumors flying about girls teams and its true about the numbers. I have supported Aztec for many years but this is very concerning. I am afraid that they miscalculated NEFC north and the impact it has and lets not forget about stars east at the younger ages being an issue. The silence can only mean one thing and it is a slow painful death!

Comment

Again, the management at Aztec refuses to answer emails. There are major issues on the girls side and this will no doubt leak into the boys as well. Many rumors flying about girls teams and its true about the numbers. I have supported Aztec for many years but this is very concerning. I am afraid that they miscalculated NEFC north and the impact it has and lets not forget about stars east at the younger ages being an issue. The silence can only mean one thing and it is a slow painful death!
                            Agree - I too was a supporter for a long time. The arrogance of a few (GC, MK, CF) they just don't give a s--t. Well it's finally caught up with them. I give the club a year tops. It's actually a shame. Looks Like NEFC NS and Stars East will prevail.

Comment

It's confusing how this club has gone down the ranks. This club actually had some good coaches and good team that did well at all levels! Good showings at tournaments and had an at home feeing. We felt like we belonged. So sad it turned into this. I had an older son come through the program and was very happy. My kid now who's a club soccer player couldn't wait to leave. Wish upper management sorted this out and made an effort. Too bad.

Comment

It's confusing how this club has gone down the ranks. This club actually had some good coaches and good team that did well at all levels! Good showings at tournaments and had an at home feeing. We felt like we belonged. So sad it turned into this. I had an older son come through the program and was very happy. My kid now who's a club soccer player couldn't wait to leave. Wish upper management sorted this out and made an effort. Too bad.
                                The DOC is Donald Trump all over again. Stay off Twitter with your constant jabs at the past. Focus on the now and maybe we stay. #Growupyouidiot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X