Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the ECNLComposite ?

See tweet from ECNL about this but no info. First year into the pre-ECNL thing so I don't know.

Ask your coach or team manager

Comment

Composite Events

In an effort to further player development and deepen the player pool from which elite players are developed, the Elite Clubs National League introduced “Composite Events” for ECNL member clubs beginning in the 2015-16 season. These new and unique events are established to provide players from ECNL Member Clubs with additional competition structures for mixed age group teams, teams competing in non-traditional seasons, and for other development purposes.
      From the ECNL website. Certainly seems like a money grab

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        From the ECNL website. Certainly seems like a money grab
        I'm not sure if this is how it works at all clubs, but a buddy of mine has a D at CFC in CT. He said they created a 98/99 team for players who had got hit with the age change and where their bdays/school graduation hits - basically a U19 orphan group.

Comment

Ask your coach or team manager
          6-21 dude

Comment

See tweet from ECNL about this but no info. First year into the pre-ECNL thing so I don't know.
            I think it's a new decking product from Azek.

Comment

Actually, its for the kiddies who are not good enough for ecnl and that the doc's don't want to lose their money. ECNL headquarters markets it as a true ecnl team because they want these players, (ahem, $) to keep flowing. But, parents will continue to chase the dream, thus "composite"

Comment

Glorified teams filled with the kids of parents that just want the ECNL name attached in some way. Some pretty bad soccer teams, overall. Kickball anyone?

Comment

Glorified teams filled with the kids of parents that just want the ECNL name attached in some way. Some pretty bad soccer teams, overall. Kickball anyone?
                  I think a fairer assessment are teams with the kids that got bounced from their ECNL teams once the powers to be decided to combine the 98 & 99 age groups. Your assessment for some of the younger composite teams out there is accurate, but there are not many.

Comment

I think a fairer assessment are teams with the kids that got bounced from their ECNL teams once the powers to be decided to combine the 98 & 99 age groups. Your assessment for some of the younger composite teams out there is accurate, but there are not many.
                    This site is unbelievable sometimes. ECNL composite is just a label for certain 98-99 teams because of the age-year transition.

Comment

No, what is unbelievable is that every ecnl parent thinks that Ecnl is the end all be all. Committing to a state school is not all its cracked up to be. Chances are you were getting financial aid as is. The real players end up at the ivys, unless of course your little Mia is on unc's radar. SAD REALITY and what's even more comical is the parents of ecnl players who lie and say their kids got money! I, on the other hand, have a daughter, who was ecnl, pre- composite, and got some aid, but it was based on need. Check your facts, top 4 to 5 players get "$" from ecnl teams...do your research

Comment

No, what is unbelievable is that every ecnl parent thinks that Ecnl is the end all be all. Committing to a state school is not all its cracked up to be. Chances are you were getting financial aid as is. The real players end up at the ivys, unless of course your little Mia is on unc's radar. SAD REALITY and what's even more comical is the parents of ecnl players who lie and say their kids got money! I, on the other hand, have a daughter, who was ecnl, pre- composite, and got some aid, but it was based on need. Check your facts, top 4 to 5 players get "$" from ecnl teams...do your research
                        Impressions from CASL last weekend (non ECNL parent watching 02s)
                        * First Two Divisions reserved for ECNL Teams (I did not call them "Top two")
                        * Best teams in country play in ECNL. This was clear - (this includes Stars, PDA, etc.)
                        * More than half of ECNL teams are not in the "best" teams category. This was also clear (Tampa Bay United, Colorado Storm, - they just weren't good)
                        * CASL "Showcase" was was like Globetrotters vs. Generals.
                        The Best Teams were split and got to romp on the lower ECNL teams
                        * First two non ECNL Divisions were far more competitive and overall much better soccer

NET: The ECNL halo is valid, but it isn't nearly as large as parents want it to be.

Comment

Oh

I thought it was the ecnl B team.

Comment

I thought it was the ecnl B team.
                            It is, for that one age group, courtesy of the USSF

Comment

Impressions from CASL last weekend (non ECNL parent watching 02s)
                              * First Two Divisions reserved for ECNL Teams (I did not call them "Top two")
                              * Best teams in country play in ECNL. This was clear - (this includes Stars, PDA, etc.)
                              * More than half of ECNL teams are not in the "best" teams category. This was also clear (Tampa Bay United, Colorado Storm, - they just weren't good)
                              * CASL "Showcase" was was like Globetrotters vs. Generals.
                              The Best Teams were split and got to romp on the lower ECNL teams
                              * First two non ECNL Divisions were far more competitive and overall much better soccer

NET: The ECNL halo is valid, but it isn't nearly as large as parents want it to be.
                              Yup, Have to agree with this comment. There are a handful of decent ECNL teams but the vast majority are lumped in with non-ECNL teams as far as quality of play. ECNL teams hide most of the time inside their own league and the few tournaments they play outside of their league, very few come out on the winning side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X