Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thats where I think you are wrong. From the surface yes the Men's team is not doing well. Especially right now. However I think the residency program and the DA are working. You have to look at things as a whole. US soccer is about 100 years younger than top european and South American soccer nations. We are fighting to close that gap. The residency program and the DA are now producing technically able players that are far more mature tactically than ever before. The U17 just beat three good european teams. Now I would not hang my hat on one tournament for good or bad but the players being produced not are very close to their European and south american counter parts. We have not produced the one world super star i.e.. Messi, Ronaldo but that happens very rarely.

However, on the women's side. We had a decade advantage. Lots of money put into girls sports. We were way ahead of all south american countries and most if not all european countries. Now there is no advantage. We have wasted it. A dozen countries have caught us and some have surpassed us.

So, the big picture. The men's program is still climbing while the women's is falling.
    Agree. The quality and level of play by the men's soccer has improved by quite a bit in the last 15-20 years. When I watch them play, it's not so embarrassing anymore. Their touches have gotten so much better along with their soccer IQ. The women on the other hand, are going in the opposite direction. This was evident in the U17 and 20 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Agree. The quality and level of play by the men's soccer has improved by quite a bit in the last 15-20 years. When I watch them play, it's not so embarrassing anymore. Their touches have gotten so much better along with their soccer IQ. The women on the other hand, are going in the opposite direction. This was evident in the U17 and 20 teams.
      If you select the wrong players, pair them up with dinosaur coaches, and tell them to "boootttttt ittttt!!!!!!" all match long, what you get is an embarrassment of monumental proportions. Whether it's the Timbers Alliance clubs, Thorns Academy, or USWNT, it's all the same.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X