The "New" Rising U13 (2004)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps too many clubs, but not for GDAP. Not sure what all this has to do with u23 girls footie however?

Comment

^u13. Whoops

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        They already do have this. It's called ODP. In the old days all the top players use to try out for ODP.
        ODP is constantly bashed on this site, but it provides an opportunity for kids that aren't playing on DAP or NEP teams to see where they fit developmentally. At the younger ages, not every kid has hooked on with a big club or been exposed to higher caliber league play.

The fact is that development does occur outside of the pay to play leagues, ODP allows these kids a chance to see where the level of play is without having to commit their lives to a big club at 12 years old.

Comment

ODP is constantly bashed on this site, but it provides an opportunity for kids that aren't playing on DAP or NEP teams to see where they fit developmentally. At the younger ages, not every kid has hooked on with a big club or been exposed to higher caliber league play.

The fact is that development does occur outside of the pay to play leagues, ODP allows these kids a chance to see where the level of play is without having to commit their lives to a big club at 12 years old.
          ODP is not free, "less expensive" but not free.

Comment

ODP is not free, "less expensive" but not free.
            Certainly not free, but it is a good compliment to playing on a smaller local club. The NEFC and GPS options are not convenient for everyone but not joining doesn't mean you can't become a good player. Unfortunately there are many on here that feel that there is only one path for development and usually that involves exorbitant costs in time/travel and money.

I may have different hopes than some. I am not chasing scholarship $, just want my kid to be the best he can and everything else is gravy.

Comment

^^ to be the best (your son) besides coaching you should want him playing at the highest level he is capable of. Should he be sharp enough to make ODP Region 1. Start saving your money because you'll be traveling my friend. Also all the "top clubs" generally present their yearly schedules so you're always aware of fees and tournaments. Best of luck moving forward but don't lash out at "clubs" for providing opportunity to its player pool.

Comment

I see on the 03 thread that many of the teams (04 girls) are starting up training this week. Is that the case for all our List teams? Or who has been training already?

Comment

I see on the 03 thread that many of the teams (04 girls) are starting up training this week. Is that the case for all our List teams? Or who has been training already?
                  How about the 05 boys?

Comment

How about the 05 boys?
                    You will get in trouble for mentioning "boys" on this thread

Comment

You will get in trouble for mentioning "boys" on this thread
                      Go ahead and mention boys, but 04 boys as this is an 04 thread.

Comment

The email just went out for volunteers to shovel the fields.

Comment

The email just went out for volunteers to shovel the fields.
                          That can only be stars.

Comment

Hello again 04 List fans ... we are a week away from our first weekend preview of the spring season. I know you are all so excited, and looking forward to discussing something other than DA vs ECNL vs NPL...

Oh wait, that might just be me.

Comment

Hello again 04 List fans ... we are a week away from our first weekend preview of the spring season. I know you are all so excited, and looking forward to discussing something other than DA vs ECNL vs NPL...

Oh wait, that might just be me.
                              Can you tell me which is better - DA, ECNL or NPL?

Comment

Can you tell me which is better - DA, ECNL or NPL?

Whichever one my kid ends up playing in next year.

In all seriousness, thank goodness we have one more season of the List antics to distract us from the cluster-f heading our way for these 12/13 year olds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X