Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U12s win second u13 bracket. U13s won top bracket. 10s didn't play but won CASL the weekend before. They're doing ok.
    10s played in second U11 bracket. 0-2-1. Their one Loss was against GPS 07 team with top 06 players getting the bulk of the work.

Comment

10s played in second U11 bracket. 0-2-1. Their one Loss was against GPS 07 team with top 06 players getting the bulk of the work.
      Ouch - Poor SSS having another team bring in ringers from other teams to play against them. How unfair!!

And with a 0-2-1 record isn't that 2 losses?

Comment

And with a 0-2-1 record isn't that 2 losses?
        Typically soccer uses a W-T-L format.

Comment

They gave January through July kids in the older age groups the option to stay with their current year or move down to their birth year. Most stayed where they were - a lot of the teams have been together for a long time. The younger kids moved to birth year.
          Not sure I get this... birth year change require kids in the later half of the year to move up an age bracket. ie, last years Aug - Dec U12 kids would now be U14.

Comment

Not sure I get this... birth year change require kids in the later half of the year to move up an age bracket. ie, last years Aug - Dec U12 kids would now be U14.
            ...Those kids are not the issue. They had no choice. Last year's Jan-July U12 kids were given the opportunity to move up to U14. Or play in their birth year at U13. Most chose to move up, so now the top teams have few Jan-July kids playing in their own birth year.

Comment

...Those kids are not the issue. They had no choice. Last year's Jan-July U12 kids were given the opportunity to move up to U14. Or play in their birth year at U13. Most chose to move up, so now the top teams have few Jan-July kids playing in their own birth year.
              I didn't think this was an option. I thought all clubs has to comply with the birth year change.

Comment

I didn't think this was an option. I thought all clubs has to comply with the birth year change.
                It definitely happened a lot. Lots of kids playing up a year. My daughter's team has 13 04s and 3 03s and are playing U14.

Comment

All clubs had to comply by Fall 2017, but a majority decided to switch this year to get it over with. But even then, a club can opt to play players girls up in age groups. Obviously like before, no one can play down younger than their birth year.

Comment

All clubs had to comply by Fall 2017, but a majority decided to switch this year to get it over with. But even then, a club can opt to play players girls up in age groups. Obviously like before, no one can play down younger than their birth year.
                    Big difference between playing kids "Up" and playing kids over their heads.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X