Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ha! Intellectual fit... you believe that crock.
    Ivies are hard to enter - data show that.
    No evidence shows they are actually harder once admitted
    In fact Data shows a 97% grad rate making Harvard one of the easiest to complete
    If they take the best students I would think a 97% completion rate is expected.

Comment

If they take the best students I would think a 97% completion rate is expected.
      Facts are facts. You gotta really try to fail out of Harvard.

Comment

Pretty stupid to associate graduation rate with being easy to graduate. If you got into Harvard, you are a pretty driven person to begin with. It’s unlikely you suddenly become a slacker, especially surrounded by other driven students/athletes, and fail to graduate.

Comment

The saying goes - the hardest part about Harvard is getting in

Comment

That's unremarkable. She'd likely be better off at a school where she's an intellectual fit (1200 is pretty low, to be fair), but then the parents may not want that sticker on their car.
            I'd take the Ivy education and network over UMASS, thanks.

Comment

I'd take the Ivy education and network over UMASS, thanks.
              Of course you will - and you will graduate.

Comment

Of course you will - and you will graduate.
                I couldn’t get into Harvard, so there’s that. Still did fine in life, so there’s also that.

Comment

I couldn’t get into Harvard, so there’s that. Still did fine in life, so there’s also that.
                  If you can get into Harvard you go to Harvard.

Comment

Perhaps, if you can afford it, which many can’t. And if you can get into Harvard and afford it, it probably means you can get into and afford Yale, Stanford, Princeton etc etc too, and maybe you like one of those schools more.

I love the blanket statements and assumptions made here. Students who can get into Harvard and afford to do so is like less than 1% of the student population, yet people here discuss it like it’s an obvious option or choice for everyone. Kinda like playing on an ECNL, DA or even NPL team. Sorry those teams are a viable option for less than 5% of all the youth soccer playing players out there, either because of lack of ability or lack of finances/time or combo of both. If I didn’t know better, you’d think TS is full of only the best of the best elite student athletes. Good for you guys!

Comment

One of my daughters club teammates was an average student at a prep school with an SAT around 1200 and she is at an ivy league now.
                      How is she doing? Is the workload too much?

Comment

Not always.

Comment

Perhaps, if you can afford it, which many can’t. And if you can get into Harvard and afford it, it probably means you can get into and afford Yale, Stanford, Princeton etc etc too, and maybe you like one of those schools more.

I love the blanket statements and assumptions made here. Students who can get into Harvard and afford to do so is like less than 1% of the student population, yet people here discuss it like it’s an obvious option or choice for everyone. Kinda like playing on an ECNL, DA or even NPL team. Sorry those teams are a viable option for less than 5% of all the youth soccer playing players out there, either because of lack of ability or lack of finances/time or combo of both. If I didn’t know better, you’d think TS is full of only the best of the best elite student athletes. Good for you guys!
                          I have heard that ivy coach trolls the site. May explain the elitism with some posts.

Comment

How is she doing? Is the workload too much?
                            Totally fine. Good grades and her HS data now means nothing.

Comment

Harvard doesn't admit without knowing a student's financial circumstances. They also seek to protect their yield. There is FA to be had. If you get in they are willing to help you pay if you can't.

Comment

Not always.
                                D's friend turned down Harvard for basically a full academic ride to an excellent LAC and in their fellows program. Family made too much for any real financial assistance but they have 4 kids to put through college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X