• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julie Foudy says, “ play HS soccer”

https://www.soccertoday.com/world-cu...ant-for-girls/

Boys as well.

Comment

Why would anyone care what she says? If thats her opinion, great. Worth no more than anyone else's

Comment

Tons of us care what a really accomplished woman who is a leader in the sport has to say. Her opinion matters, more than most.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Why would anyone care what she says? If thats her opinion, great. Worth no more than anyone else's
          Because she’s 100% corrrect.

Comment

We certainly don't care about your anonymous opinion. Her's actually counts for something.

Comment

maybe she is and maybe not.
              Youth soccer is in flux.
              She is 47 years old. High school was more than 2 decades ago.
              Club soccer was in its infancy and high school is very different today as is all of youth soccer.

Sure, I am certain that she is considering these variables but she might not be seeing a larger picture.

All that said....I am a fan of high school soccer and don't feel in anyway that 2-3 months each year is going to break my child. Right now the clubs only play 10 months. They can still play 10 months without preventing the youth from playing high school.

Comment

Youth soccer is in flux.
                Club soccer was in its infancy and high school is very different today as is all of youth soccer.

Sure, I am certain that she is considering these variables but she might not be seeing a larger picture.

All that said....I am a fan of high school soccer and don't feel in anyway that 2-3 months each year is going to break my child. Right now the clubs only play 10 months. They can still play 10 months without preventing the youth from playing high school.
                So your kid is playing competitive soccer 12 months a year!?

Comment

She was a hack as a player. She must have pictures on the execs at ESPN. Horrible announcer. Didn't know the amount of minutes in overtime at one of the World Cups, And embarrassed AM with the car her daddy bought her

Comment

She was a hack as a player. She must have pictures on the execs at ESPN. Horrible announcer. Didn't know the amount of minutes in overtime at one of the World Cups, And embarrassed AM with the car her daddy bought her
                    Let me guess... you work for NEFC?

Comment

We certainly don't care about your anonymous opinion. Her's actually counts for something.
                      Im not asking you to care abut my opinion. If yu want to play HS soccer, play it. Julie Foudy has no busiiness making any comments on it.

What makes her an expert? This is so typical. Its like people asking Mark Pulisic how to be a soccer parent because his kid has talent. Julie Foudy did what was best for her at the time and others should do the same.

Michael Jordan has been a great NBA executive right?

Comment

Im not asking you to care abut my opinion. If yu want to play HS soccer, play it. Julie Foudy has no busiiness making any comments on it.

What makes her an expert? This is so typical. Its like people asking Mark Pulisic how to be a soccer parent because his kid has talent. Julie Foudy did what was best for her at the time and others should do the same.

Michael Jordan has been a great NBA executive right?
                        Not sure if you read the article?
                        She was asked questions and she answered them.
                        Why wouldn't she be qualified to give an opion on playing high school soccer or not? If you read the article she said in her opion she thinks playing soccer in high school is good for the players and she stated why.
                        Again she didn't say GDA is bad just shouldn't be run like DA.
                        Your Jordan comment doesn't make sense. If someone asked Jordan what his thoughts are about aau basketball or how the youth basketball player is developing why wouldn't people listen?

Comment

Youth soccer is in flux.

And high school players in that age group became the nucleus of the best women's teams ever.
                          What have we accomplished since?

Comment

Why wouldn't she be qualified to give an opion on playing high school soccer or not? If you read the article she said in her opion she thinks playing soccer in high school is good for the players and she stated why.
                            Your Jordan comment doesn't make sense. If someone asked Jordan what his thoughts are about aau basketball or how the youth basketball player is developing why wouldn't people listen?
                            I dont think you read the response. Why should anyone care what she thinks ?

Comment

it makes perfect sense. if you want to ask her about a technical aspect of the game. Fine. Being a decorated player does not make her an authority on the pros and cons of HS soccer for individuals. Especailly now. Problem with people like her is the dont know when to shut up. listened to her going on about out Youth WC failings and then heard her going on about how great UNC style of paly was. I mean really? you dont see the correlation? She is a sound bite. PR person. No expert.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X