Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is not if. DA is disbanded. Not even themselves believe in their own product and some clubs are looking for alternatives already.
    The smarter clubs bailed last year. They saw what's coming.

Comment

The smarter clubs bailed last year. They saw what's coming.
      $$$$ is what they saw.

But, stay on point with the question. I get how blind ambition skews the thought process, but please try.

Comment

What should happen is that NEFC should get ECNL team, but if they didn’t, they would just go back to having NPL as top team. Yes they would lose some players (who would displace current players on other area ECNL teams) or they would stay and NEFC would have super strong NPL program again across all age groups, start winning National Championships again, which would attract other players and SSS would lose their NPL dominance again. In other words, return to 4 years ago, except Stars has 2 ECNL teams (and their NPL team is still 3rd and insignificant team).

Comment

I'm a Stars parent. If GDA disbands, I'd love to see NEFC come in to ECNL. Hopefully, that's a real possibility. If not, I'm sure that many of the NEFC DA kids will move to Scorpions or Stars, and some will stay at NEFC and play NPL. I'm not really sure what the point of the initial post is. Players will adjust to whatever the landscape is.

Comment

What should happen is that NEFC should get ECNL team, but if they didn’t, they would just go back to having NPL as top team. Yes they would lose some players (who would displace current players on other area ECNL teams) or they would stay and NEFC would have super strong NPL program again across all age groups, start winning National Championships again, which would attract other players and SSS would lose their NPL dominance again. In other words, return to 4 years ago, except Stars has 2 ECNL teams (and their NPL team is still 3rd and insignificant team).
            I love how you are stating that any NEFC DA player would displace current ECNL players at Stars and Scorpions... that's not the case.

Comment

I'm a Stars parent. If GDA disbands, I'd love to see NEFC come in to ECNL. Hopefully, that's a real possibility. If not, I'm sure that many of the NEFC DA kids will move to Scorpions or Stars, and some will stay at NEFC and play NPL. I'm not really sure what the point of the initial post is. Players will adjust to whatever the landscape is.
              Yup. Players will adjust, but what about their Parents?

Comment

The point is that some crowing on how great their ECNL experience is would be no longer on the team. And, that, to me, would be hilarious.

Leave a club because going to Stars GDA is where it's at!!

(Club leaves GDA)

Spout how wonderful it is in ECNL and even though the best players went onto one team, our team is still wonderful and we get all the same stuff the best team does and pay the same. Stars ECNL is where it's at!!

(Team gets flooded with ex-GDA players and cuts are made).

ECNL players now move to NPL, and still NPL is where it's at!!

Comment

I love how you are stating that any NEFC DA player would displace current ECNL players at Stars and Scorpions... that's not the case.
                  Meaning--there are ECNL players at both of those clubs that are better than NEFC DA players--the DA badge doesn't automatically make kids the best 18-22 players in their age group in New England. As much as the coaching staff will sell that.

Comment

I said some definitely would. If you think there are not current NEFC DA players who would displace Stars/Scorpions ECNL players in a heartbeat, then you are a delusional person. There are many (never said all), but many. But not all logistically can travel to Lancaster or Braintree, or desire to do so.

Comment

The point is that some crowing on how great their ECNL experience is would be no longer on the team. And, that, to me, would be hilarious.

Leave a club because going to Stars GDA is where it's at!!

(Club leaves GDA)

Spout how wonderful it is in ECNL and even though the best players went onto one team, our team is still wonderful and we get all the same stuff the best team does and pay the same. Stars ECNL is where it's at!!

(Team gets flooded with ex-GDA players and cuts are made).

ECNL players now move to NPL, and still NPL is where it's at!!

For the record, I've never heard more of a sales pitch than from NEFC coaches about GDA.

Comment

For the record, I've never heard more of a sales pitch than from NEFC coaches about GDA.
                        Still not in any way associated with NEFC.....

Comment

How self serving For a team director to disallow one teams entrance into Ecnl and yet the same team be allowed to make two teams.
                          How self serving for a parent at club x to expect a director at club y to act in the best interest of a rival?

Comment

And at least they still haven’t waivered from their pitch. Unlike Stars coaches who flip flopped in one year and back again.

- NEFC parent who actually hates DA

Comment

I said some definitely would. If you think there are not current NEFC DA players who would displace Stars/Scorpions ECNL players in a heartbeat, then you are a delusional person. There are many (never said all), but many. But not all logistically can travel to Lancaster or Braintree, or desire to do so.
                              Yes, there are some. Just like there are some Stars/Scorpions ECNL players that could replace DA players in a heartbeat.

Comment

How self serving for a parent at club x to expect a director at club y to act in the best interest of a rival?

But, they are also league directors! Therein lies the complexity of the issue.

The clubs controls the league, and thereby they control the teams in play so they can control the results.

So, yes, I agree for their own club's interests, it's absolutely the right move.

For advancing the game and competition, it's not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X