Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Intent is to hold open tryouts at U11 but we all know how "open" those are. Could see an exodus of kids from WashT because of this. Sounds like the current U10 coaches and many parents aren't particularly overjoyed...
    If you believe this you don't know BL or JC

Comment

Maybe not, that is a special group and don't know any NW team that does. Still very exciting for us in the Couv to get a player pool like this could be, very rare for us.
      Both the NW ECNL teams have comparable, if not better talent than Onyx. Onyx was 0-2 against the ECNL teams in the latest iteration of the NWCL.

Comment

Both the NW ECNL teams have comparable, if not better talent than Onyx. Onyx was 0-2 against the ECNL teams in the latest iteration of the NWCL.

Oh I'm sorry are we talking ECNL? I thought we were talking about 10 year olds girls on a Vancouver team.

Comment

Sure your probably right, don't follow the age group much anymore but have seen them play many times in the past. I guess it is relative when your talking about young ladies with that much heart and talent, wish them all the best, great for the NW in general to see them do so well and even younger ones following in their footsteps!

Comment

I have heard that the new coaches will have the top two teams and that the current Reds coach was asked to also be involved as an assistant. Sounds like they are really trying to do the right things. Also, that the coaches have talked to their teams and told them every position is open and all spots will need to be earned. Having all the top players in one pool is so good for SW Washington.
            Timbers reds are getting better and there are several girls from the Reds that would really make a difference on a combined team. Also some current Pacific players that will benefit from being moved to the second team that will also be really really good. If they can pull this off I say look out this could be an amazing group for a long long time.
            I know it's easy to get excited about this kind of thing but the truth is that a lot of these girls will be gone by U12/U13, for a variety of reasons. Other age groups at WashT have had similar pools of talent at U10 and they've always dwindled down to barely 1 team worth by U12/U13.

Comment

I know it's easy to get excited about this kind of thing but the truth is that a lot of these girls will be gone by U12/U13, for a variety of reasons. Other age groups at WashT have had similar pools of talent at U10 and they've always dwindled down to barely 1 team worth by U12/U13.
              For sure, you can say that about any club I guess. However, you have to start somewhere. I guess it is okay to be skeptical but in the end I would rather think positive and let things play out.

Comment

I just looked at the website...where do you get your information

6 teams at GU12
                4 teams at GU13
                4 teams at GU14
                3 teams at GU15
                4 teams at GU16

personally I think that the Pacific team is making a good move...they sound like a great group of athletic kids playing for a club with no resources and absolutely no curriculum.

Comment

6 teams at GU12
                  4 teams at GU13
                  4 teams at GU14
                  3 teams at GU15
                  4 teams at GU16

personally I think that the Pacific team is making a good move...they sound like a great group of athletic kids playing for a club with no resources and absolutely no curriculum.
                  Well said! Pacific does a good job for select players, I for one am glad we have them as an option but the lack of structure obviosly is going to make it harder if not impossible to get beyond a select level of play.

Comment

They are doing quite well with whatever approach they are utilizing - girls I have seen are skillful for their age.
                    Last edited by Slow Xavi; 02-20-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
                      They are doing quite well with whatever approach they are utilizing - girls I have seen are skillful for their age.
                      Pacific has always had good teams. It's good that they stuck with OPL.

Comment

6 teams at GU12
                        4 teams at GU13
                        4 teams at GU14
                        3 teams at GU15
                        4 teams at GU16

My DD played there for a few years. The number of teams isn't important. It's the number of good teams. Trust me, there's either 0 or 1 at all age groups listed above

Comment

Pacific has always had good teams. It's good that they stuck with OPL.
                          Pacific does have some good teams and some really good coaches. But, it is hit or miss. You have to be choosy. At my younger daughter's age, there wasn't much to choose from. However, with my older daughter, we had a great coach. It is nice to pay 1/10th of the cost of all of the other teams you are playing against.

Comment

Pacific does have some good teams and some really good coaches. But, it is hit or miss. You have to be choosy. At my younger daughter's age, there wasn't much to choose from. However, with my older daughter, we had a great coach. It is nice to pay 1/10th of the cost of all of the other teams you are playing against.
                            1/10th is being a bit far fetched. I do know the prices of many of their teams and those are about 1/5th of the top tier at WashT and about 1/2-1/3 of their Tier 3 and close to the same cost of their bottom tier.

Comment

1/10th is being a bit far fetched. I do know the prices of many of their teams and those are about 1/5th of the top tier at WashT and about 1/2-1/3 of their Tier 3 and close to the same cost of their bottom tier.
                              agreed...my first daughter played there at a young age simply because my wife and I didn't know any better....it was a good price.....I felt we were "piece mealed" all the way through with the cost of playing in the club, then the uniforms, then the tournaments, then the winter lights...it was kind of painful....
                              We made the jump and ended up with a good group of girls that are more serious.
                              My second child started directly with ***C and I'm very happy with that choice.

Pacific has a great model. If you have a child that isn't too serious and plays multiple sports and you want to save a hundred bucks then Pacific is your place. If you have a more serious player that wants more that is beyond club soccer than ***C is your best choice by far. I was on their website and just looked at what this area has had for top level players that have moved onto college and further...***C has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any of the others.....Pacific can barely form teams after U14.

Comment

There is really not much difference I between the Timbers and Pacific regarding coaching at this age. Had kids in both clubs and did not see any big difference other then the cost. In fact many timber coaches started at the other select clubs. If you want to place your money somewhere place it in the training instead of club pocket. When ready to make the move then go over the bridge to Portland. The Portland teams have stronger depth of coaches then Timbers and much better connections for those parents who think there daughter is next Mia Hamm. Between cost of club and one or two out of state tournaments you can easily spend 4000 there next year. Hope some of parents understand. Your moving to club cost double Pacific, your coaches are only guaranteed a year with team, and they hold all cards. Look at where your daughter will be in 3 to 4 years and over 10000 spent by then. Only people in this deal gain are Timbers accounting. Oh and for you new parents , college recruiters don't usually start showing up to showcases until highschool and then it's only strong players that make those teams anyway. Schools recruit players not teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X