Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With the non-specific fluff they post, it's hard to take them seriously. Looks like whacky people at other clubs trying some information operation, creating something from very little or nothing.

I went to both locations this weekend. The girls had a great time; especially on the bus. They played some intense soccer against great teams.

I wish high level youth soccer could be all things to all people, but it is not. Read posts about every club's bad coaching and how they don't develop etc. I hope folks can some day find this soccer, nirvana. Where everyone gets to play all the time in their favorite position. Where the coach is nice, but pushes them. Where their kid gets selected for the team and can be a star. VSI WFF is great for a few, good for most, and bad for a few that's just the nature of a big organization.
    All I know is my daughter and the daughters of many people I talk to we're very happy before the changes and are now doubting if they want to stay. We are taking it one day at a time but we know that we need to have both eyes very open and not just accept what they want to shove down out throats.

Comment

#1-ECNL should have the beat players in FL, but we don't. Very few new faces at tryouts. Mostly Brandon and WFP. Nothing new. Some of the NPL teams are stronger than the ECNL teams. Some of the kids should have been replaced, to much politics. ECNL should have tryouts in different areas around Tampabay to get more interest. They have talked about field space in Tampa, but that never happens and no one is trying to make it happen. These teams do not represent the best players in then state.

#2- ENCL should have a director that has both leadership and managerial skills as well as soccer knowledge. There should be a an interview panel to hire this person as well as new coaches for ECNL. This needs to be done ASAP.

#3- Until WFF ECNL is the Best, get off the high horse. These teams should Play in a few in state high level tournaments. They will see that they are not the best the in the state and with better leadership they should be able to recruit.

#4- Anyone that has been to training/practice knows that there is nothing productive happening. Fix it.
      Keep very clearly in mind the two best teams here were players that Vicki and Diego developed, trained, and had success with. Both these coaches were fired and the club thinks its great success to ride their success. Yep get rid of them and they think they are showing the world they are coaching players they developed but everyone knows its not true. Anyone can coach these two teams since they have been made into something by someone else. Big deal, what can you do on your own? Oh ya nothing!

Comment

Why did Vicki and Diego get fired?

Comment

Reality check

All I know is my daughter and the daughters of many people I talk to we're very happy before the changes and are now doubting if they want to stay. We are taking it one day at a time but we know that we need to have both eyes very open and not just accept what they want to shove down out throats.
          Post your info, I'm sure the club wants to know so they can send you packing!! Easy to hide behind the keyboard and bitch:) Make sure your daughter knows what you are up to. This way she won't be surprised!!

Comment

Keep very clearly in mind the two best teams here were players that Vicki and Diego developed, trained, and had success with. Both these coaches were fired and the club thinks its great success to ride their success. Yep get rid of them and they think they are showing the world they are coaching players they developed but everyone knows its not true. Anyone can coach these two teams since they have been made into something by someone else. Big deal, what can you do on your own? Oh ya nothing!
            The results of last year did demonstrate that DV and VI teams performed very well. DV team I have NO argument with. Solid team both technically and tactically. Addition of the two players JS and KG clearly put them over the top. VI team finished 4th out of 9 teams which is middle of the road. Every other team finished 5th. Lets look at the results from this year.

U18 2-2-0 1.50
            U17 2-2-0 1.50
            U16 1-1-2 1.25
            U15 2-1-1 1.75
            U14 3-1-1 2.25

We have played 4 of the 7 teams as a club and although its early in the season EVERY team is performing at a high level against the BEST competition in the region. The U18 team will come back down to Earth without JS and the questions will be asked did DV vault them to the top or did he have them at the edge and two players added because of ECNL put them over the top. VI team has had a huge upgrade technically with the new players, team just waiting to gel. U17 team is vastly improved. U15 team developed by RB playing VERY solid soccer, the occasional defensive lapse does hurt this team at times. U14s developed by AB and SM. I would predict that the all the teams will perform better this year except the U18s. That VI team will do great things once the chemistry develops among the new players on VI old team. The other age groups will perform at the level or above the U16 and U18s. It's early but its already happening. The season needs to play out. Change is hard but many times its for the better.

Comment

Wrong VSI is bad for the majority because dishonest people that don't care about the girls are running it and coaching there. The way they treat the kids is down right terrible. And you may think talking about it on TS is not the place but we were all told not to have a voice and they took the high and mighty seat long ago saying they don't care about what parents or players think for that matter and if we don't like it we can all leave. They have put the dear of God in everyone that if they speak up then ours kids will be singled out and treated poorly. We have all seen it happen and don't want to be next but for reason like this we will not be back.
              They have have put fear in you? Don't accept it. They tried the same with many other teams at WFF and the parents got what they wanted including a coach being removed. The difference is the parents and players refused to play for the coaches and the changes were made. If you really are that upset and so is your daughter, you would find out about what has happened with other teams.

Comment

I dont even know where to start! WFF ECNL is the club best equipped to compete at all age groups in ECNL of any club in Florida(we are also highest rated teams from U14-U18 when compared to any other club). The ECNL has attracted some of the best kids in the state but it doesnt happen overnight. I do not know what you mean by "some of the NPL teams are better then some of the ECNL teams" If you mean within our own club then you are the biggest moron I have ever seen in my life and I need to just stop here. Not a single NPL team in our club is even close to the level of any of our ECNL teams period! If you mean that Jax may have some NPL teams or TBU may have teams that could beat some of our teams then Yes I would agree with that and I would say that in a competition of U14-U18 WFF would come out on top.

#1 We did not have this when you signed up yet you still signed up (although we have drawn some really excellent players)

#2 RB and VI had none of the things you mentioned here yet you still signed up

#3 WFF is 36/73 clubs in ECNL which is a better performance then ANY ECNL or DA program in ALL of Florida. IMG, Clearwater, OC, Kendall for DA and OC for ECNL all perform BELOW WFF. We finished 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 5th last year and will improve drastically on that moving us up into the top 1/3 of all ECNL clubs. You signed up when we were 36th. We are going to be in the top 1/3 of all clubs in the ECNL by the end of this year.

#4 I have been to training. I have observed. While the U16s under VI were a very good team they were the worst performing team in State cup of any team in the club. VI taught them a lot about soccer but she failed to develop them technically. Soccer is not kick and run its all technical and tactical ability of a team. VI failed in some ways to teach some of the basics to this team. The first touch for a lot of them is not even close to where it needs to be at this level. They have fundamental tactical issues on defense that I could not believe when I watched this team last year. Some of those issues have already been worked out by these coaches. But once again the problems you mention in #4 were bigger before the coaching change when you signed up.

So I actually ask you...What is the real problem?

If I were to actually fault the new coaches on anything I would say that they lack connections which if they work hard at it can be resolved very easily and quickly. The BIGGEST fault I have with the new coaches is that they sub like these are Hockey teams. I am waiting to hear "LINE CHANGE" while I watch the games. Having 6 kids enter the game within 3 minutes of each other is not a good thing. I do not know if this is an ECNL philosophy or a club philosophy because I have not observed the subbing patterns of every team.
                So you are basically saying, YOU think your daughter was subbed out to much, and you are happy with everything else? Go ahead abd complian to your coach about your daughters playing time... I feel bad for you, wake up!

Comment

So you are basically saying, YOU think your daughter was subbed out to much, and you are happy with everything else? Go ahead abd complian to your coach about your daughters playing time... I feel bad for you, wake up!
                  Not at all. I do not like 5-6 players being subbed in at the same time or within 3 minutes of each other. Changing 50% of the lineup within 3 minutes of playing time does not allow the subs to get into the flow of the game and is disruptive for momentum of the team. I would like to see 1-2 at a time. Give them their time is fine but not all at once. If they get on the field a little later then take them off a bit later. Just my opinion and my daughter rarely comes off the field.

Comment

according to other posts and to answer you question: 1) not knowledgeable enough and 2) too knowledgeable (threat)

Comment

soccer

Mac an' Grandy as the asst coach' that's what my daughter want's.

Comment

I dont even know where to start! WFF ECNL is the club best equipped to compete at all age groups in ECNL of any club in Florida(we are also highest rated teams from U14-U18 when compared to any other club).

#3 WFF is 36/73 clubs in ECNL which is a better performance then ANY ECNL or DA program in ALL of Florida. IMG, Clearwater, OC, Kendall for DA and OC for ECNL all perform BELOW WFF. We finished 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 5th last year and will improve drastically on that moving us up into the top 1/3 of all ECNL clubs. .
                        Where in the world did you get your stats? Your grandmother? You sound like a used car salesman! Best equipped to compete. What does that even mean? Best facilities? Best coaching? Not even sure what your thinking was there. But you continue: …“in ECNL of any club in Florida. LMFAO!! You have a 50/50 shot at being right on that one. But are you even right about it?

Then … “highest rated teams from U14-U18 when compared to any other club.” Please tell me you just threw that in because you were so busy bragging you clearly weren’t thinking straight. Who is doing the rating? Did the parents take a poll after this weekend’s games? Please tell us.
                        Then you try to throw down the gauntlet: IMG, Clearwater, OC, Kendall all perform below WFF. You can’t be serious. First, the season just started. Whose stats are you looking at? Where are you getting scores? You must have dreamed them up to have posted this garbage. How about taking a step back and let these clubs start playing... then you can judge. Give them 1/2 doz games and then come back on here and start trash talking. But here is why I'm really calling you out: the stuff you said about your own teams, the NPL squads. You are beyond help if you feel the need to trash talk about kids on your own club's teams. I'm sure you have a kid on an ECNL team and you'd probably do ANYTHING to keep her there. Disturbed you are.

Comment

When my daughters coach left her club the team followed. It sounds like no one followed these coaches. May answer your question.

Comment

soccer

Mac an' Grandy as the asst coach' that's what my daughter want's.
                            any many more girls want the same!lets work this out vsi this is a great group of girls.

Comment

Where in the world did you get your stats? Your grandmother? You sound like a used car salesman! Best equipped to compete. What does that even mean? Best facilities? Best coaching? Not even sure what your thinking was there. But you continue: …“in ECNL of any club in Florida. LMFAO!! You have a 50/50 shot at being right on that one. But are you even right about it?

Then … “highest rated teams from U14-U18 when compared to any other club.” Please tell me you just threw that in because you were so busy bragging you clearly weren’t thinking straight. Who is doing the rating? Did the parents take a poll after this weekend’s games? Please tell us.
                              Then you try to throw down the gauntlet: IMG, Clearwater, OC, Kendall all perform below WFF. You can’t be serious. First, the season just started. Whose stats are you looking at? Where are you getting scores? You must have dreamed them up to have posted this garbage. How about taking a step back and let these clubs start playing... then you can judge. Give them 1/2 doz games and then come back on here and start trash talking. But here is why I'm really calling you out: the stuff you said about your own teams, the NPL squads. You are beyond help if you feel the need to trash talk about kids on your own club's teams. I'm sure you have a kid on an ECNL team and you'd probably do ANYTHING to keep her there. Disturbed you are.
                              Please read it carefully. This is from the ECNL. note we are actually higher then 36 because none of the U17 accomplishments including the playoffs had not been entered yet. I will follow up with a post including my research.
                              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%206-24-13.pdf

Comment

Please read it carefully. This is from the ECNL. note we are actually higher then 36 because none of the U17 accomplishments including the playoffs had not been entered yet. I will follow up with a post including my research.
                                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%206-24-13.pdf
                                Using got soccer rankings VSI WFF current rankings are as follows:

U18 2
                                U17 13
                                U16 7
                                U15 7
                                U14 9
                                AVG=7.4

JAX
                                U18 25
                                U17 14
                                U16 14
                                U15 1
                                U14 3
                                AVG= 11.4

TBU
                                U18 3
                                U17 17
                                U16 2
                                U15 5
                                U14 13
                                Avg= 8.0

Sunrise
                                U18 24
                                U17 2
                                U16 12
                                U15 2
                                U14 1
                                AVG= 8.2
                                Find the top 5 clubs that YOU consider to be better then WFF and list their gotsoccer rankings to compare. You will find what I did that WFF is either equal or ahead from U14-U18 when all the teams in each age group is considered! You are welcomed to use any other OBJECTIVE ranking system you like and that does not include YOUR opinion! you are woefully behind on your research! Please provide the details to back

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X