Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    AM knows nothing about the college recruiting process. GS knows a little more but not enough. SM is from england and does not understand college placement or recruiting nor does he know any college coaches. So the question is, who will they put in place in order to place kids in college.. How does an ecnl club not understand that they need people in place that have experience with college placement and recruiting?
    My previous point touched on this. We also have a "boys" side to this club. The club as a whole needs to designate someone and have a plan to help kids with the college recruiting process. It does not need to be ECNL specific. Also, recruiting requires a TON of participation by the student athlete and their family more then you need someone to do it for you. Guidance is important and knowledge of the process but you need to be personally proactive. Its not like obamaland where you sit back and it just gets handed to you.

Comment

AM knows nothing about the college recruiting process. GS knows a little more but not enough. SM is from england and does not understand college placement or recruiting nor does he know any college coaches. So the question is, who will they put in place in order to place kids in college.. How does an ecnl club not understand that they need people in place that have experience with college placement and recruiting?
      The club as a whole needs this. We also have a boys side of this club. The bottom line is this...Recruiting requires a huge amount of work by the student athlete and family to be proactive. You definitely need someone with knowledge of the recruiting process but more for guidance because it is highly individual. College recruiting is not Obamaland....you cant just sit back and have it handed to you.

Comment

My previous point touched on this. We also have a "boys" side to this club. The club as a whole needs to designate someone and have a plan to help kids with the college recruiting process. It does not need to be ECNL specific. Also, recruiting requires a TON of participation by the student athlete and their family more then you need someone to do it for you. Guidance is important and knowledge of the process but you need to be personally proactive. Its not like obamaland where you sit back and it just gets handed to you.
        We dont really care about the boys program

Comment

I suspect the club will bring in a person or people from outside to shake things up just like a regular business would. In the meantime the club will continue to coach teams by "committee".

Most qualified coaches/directors are already tied up for the upcoming season and those with the player's best interest in mind will not leave their club for a new position. I'm sure there will be some head hunting going on between Tampa and Lakeland and possibly to Orlando.

Comment

I suspect the club will bring in a person or people from outside to shake things up just like a regular business would. In the meantime the club will continue to coach teams by "committee".

Most qualified coaches/directors are already tied up for the upcoming season and those with the player's best interest in mind will not leave their club for a new position. I'm sure there will be some head hunting going on between Tampa and Lakeland and possibly to Orlando.
            They have qualified coaches internally. Just like a regular business they can restructure and move those individuals where it is more appropriate. SM and JZ are both "professional coaches" and should probably lead the group in tandem. I saw them work well this summer. Good Communication, knowledge, and leadership qualities. Be it, it was only a summer camp. However, they both just finished coaching on the pro side. MM should stay as the Assistant as he has the most insight to the players as he was with them the prior year and also has the pro background. AM started with this year and should continue as the administrator as organizationally it is needed. With GS already helping, they should bring in at least 2 more coaches to help within the program but not necessarily to coach a team, but to help with training. It would do well if BL would oversee the program as the Technical Director. There is no need to hire another outside individual to lead and have to raise cost again. I believe if you have SM, JZ and MM all working together this would be good for the players. They each have a skill set that would benefit WFF. No need to reinvent the wheel!

Comment

College recruiting is not Obamaland....you cant just sit back and have it handed to you.
              Seriously? If you're going to interject politics, then think of this: What is a scholarship? It's the majority subsidizing the few. A kid gets to go to school free or at a reduced price and the rest of the student body picks up the difference through higher tuition and fees to offset the specialized treatment for someone who can play sports. Soccer isn't a revenue-producing sport like American football, so somebody has to pick up the tab.

Comment

They have qualified coaches internally. Just like a regular business they can restructure and move those individuals where it is more appropriate. SM and JZ are both "professional coaches" and should probably lead the group in tandem. I saw them work well this summer. Good Communication, knowledge, and leadership qualities. Be it, it was only a summer camp. However, they both just finished coaching on the pro side. MM should stay as the Assistant as he has the most insight to the players as he was with them the prior year and also has the pro background. AM started with this year and should continue as the administrator as organizationally it is needed. With GS already helping, they should bring in at least 2 more coaches to help within the program but not necessarily to coach a team, but to help with training. It would do well if BL would oversee the program as the Technical Director. There is no need to hire another outside individual to lead and have to raise cost again. I believe if you have SM, JZ and MM all working together this would be good for the players. They each have a skill set that would benefit WFF. No need to reinvent the wheel!
                Thank you BL, but this is BS, how much are you making now that you fired DV and RB?

Comment

Here we go again with "professional coaches" a part time job doesn't make you a professional.

Comment

Seriously? If you're going to interject politics, then think of this: What is a scholarship? It's the majority subsidizing the few. A kid gets to go to school free or at a reduced price and the rest of the student body picks up the difference through higher tuition and fees to offset the specialized treatment for someone who can play sports. Soccer isn't a revenue-producing sport like American football, so somebody has to pick up the tab.
                    The scholarship is not the majority subsidizing the few. It is a college wanting to push its own name. College sports is a HUGE money maker for most schools and these players are who people pay to see. TV contracts etc. Even though not all sports are profitable(for instance, a soccer team may not be profitable) but I would argue that Alabama Football players are underpayed by about 1-2 million dollars a piece. Horrible example chief. Same thing goes for academic scholarships...Princeton got their name because they paid to attract smart people that go out and make the university look good. Its just like any business model. Schools compete for good athletes and students. On the other hand, student financial aid is a HANDOUT and is the many subsidizing the few.

Comment

On the other hand, student financial aid is a HANDOUT and is the many subsidizing the few.
                      Exactly. And, in soccer, most of the help that colleges can offer to entice you to come is masked as student financial aid because free rides rarely exist.

Comment

This club has gone to s--t since the merger with brandon..we had a good club no bs..some very good teams..since all this has gone down our fees have doubled in price and nothing to show for it..it is all about the money now..

Comment

This club has gone to s--t since the merger with brandon..we had a good club no bs..some very good teams..since all this has gone down our fees have doubled in price and nothing to show for it..it is all about the money now..
                          I am as concerned as you are about the club, but every club or business that merges has a temporary set back and restructuring. If they restructure right the company/club is better off for the future. The West is not the only side of this club that has seen changes and been forced to adjust. It sucks for everyone but overall the club is moving in the right direction. I think the timing of losing RB was absolutely HORRENDOUS and depending on how BL restructures the coaches it can have a profound effect on how our ECNL teams do. He better get it right and do what is in the best interest of the club or the setback could be worse.

Comment

I am as concerned as you are about the club, but every club or business that merges has a temporary set back and restructuring. If they restructure right the company/club is better off for the future. The West is not the only side of this club that has seen changes and been forced to adjust. It sucks for everyone but overall the club is moving in the right direction. I think the timing of losing RB was absolutely HORRENDOUS and depending on how BL restructures the coaches it can have a profound effect on how our ECNL teams do. He better get it right and do what is in the best interest of the club or the setback could be worse.
                            Mr BL do you need another 2 years to finish up restructuring the club? The West side went from having almost 50 teams to 21 teams, he fired DV and some other coaches, we do not know where he is now, no one is in charge of the west side anymore, so lets wait 2 more years

Comment

The scholarship is not the majority subsidizing the few. It is a college wanting to push its own name. College sports is a HUGE money maker for most schools and these players are who people pay to see. TV contracts etc. Even though not all sports are profitable(for instance, a soccer team may not be profitable) but I would argue that Alabama Football players are underpayed by about 1-2 million dollars a piece. Horrible example chief. Same thing goes for academic scholarships...Princeton got their name because they paid to attract smart people that go out and make the university look good. Its just like any business model. Schools compete for good athletes and students. On the other hand, student financial aid is a HANDOUT and is the many subsidizing the few.
                              This poster has it right...

Someone posted USF's budget on TS a few years ago the school made $$ off the athletics program overall. The student body did not pay for the athletic scholarships. People just imagine the world then post about how they think things work, laughable.

Comment

I expect to hear a lot if excuses when the ECNL teams don't win. Losing RB gives the club, parents and remaining coaches the excuse they need. The timing of firing RB is the perfect set up for this. The remaining coaches designated to these ECNL teams are a mess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X