Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac nw tournament .

Are the Canadian teams always better then our local teams ? I only watched u12 level , they were head and shoulders above pac, crossfire, and the usual suspects . Not one rcl team made it into the semi finals ! Pspl teams faired way better . I was so not impressed by the rcl ‘elite’. Was thinking of moving my son over to a premier club but after watching that I’m not going to bother .

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not one rcl team made it into the semi finals !
    Not true. Recheck your "facts."

Comment

pacnw tournament

i don't know what is happening on the boys u12 side, but the girls u12 did not have any canadian teams completing in the top division. the OR teams that competed did not do well. the girls u12 final was Gunners v WPFC (PSPL & RCL) joining a premier club is a big decision to make, not sure i would base it on 1 tournament.

Comment

Aren’t the top RCL U12B teams the B team since the A team is the DA team?

Comment

Not true. Recheck your "facts."
          I may need to check ‘facts’ but you need to Check your reading ability . U12 boys ! The Canadian were miles better then any RCL team . It may just be an anomaly for this age group but all the rcl teams that entered for this age group were really poor . Being a foreigner I have always been told that the rcl and premier was the big dream .... I can tell you it would be just a basic league in any other country . I won’t even go on about the cost but as a parent I would not throw money at a programme that may or may not get your kid into a second rate college . What’s a DA ? Pac nw maroon (always lead to believe its their first team ) entered and so did Seattle united first team .

Comment

Actually the ‘DA’ development Academy (😂)is just a repackaged name of the first teams of rcl clubs . Starts at 04/05/06 u12 is 07

Comment

PAC nw tournament

FYI-

Seattle United B07 Tango, is actually their 3rd team (order is: USSDA, COPA, TANGO, SAMBA NOVA)

PACNW Maroon is actually the second team (order is: DA, maroon, blue, white)

Crossfire B07 B is actually their 3rd team (order is: DA, A, B)

What I have learned having a child involved in RCL for 4 years, the Pac Tournament is just that, a tournament. It's not State Cup. Some of the RCL clubs will have their top team play up an age group. They are gearing up for Winter play and State Cup. Winning the tournament is not the end goal.

Just my 2 cents :)

Comment

Maybe I have mistaken something but there is no DA at 07 level ?

Comment

Maybe I have mistaken something but there is no DA at 07 level ?
                  Yes, there is an 07 DA and they do not play in the RCL league. They strictly play in a DA league which is higher than RCL.

Comment

So that makes rcl pretty much on a par with npsl now ? Awesome. By any chance does the DA cost more ?

Comment

DA club fee typically is waived but you still have the team fee which can cost upwards of $20k plus a year. Some will say closer to only $8k but our personal experience it has been closer to $20k with all the in and out of country travel. Plus if the parents want to travel plan on spending more. The older the age group the more traveling you do.

Comment

Per kid ? Wowwww why not just save the money and send your kid to a high level school ?

Comment

So that makes rcl pretty much on a par with npsl now ? Awesome. By any chance does the DA cost more ?
                          In the younger age groups with DA, the top NPSL teams can compete with the RCL D2 teams, and some D1 teams.

The NPSL champs have the option of moving into the RCL, but in the bottom division. Most stay in the NPSL because they get better competition and way shorter travel to away games.

I'm still amazed at the parents who are paying more than $2k/year for their kid to play on a premier D/E/F team. I refereed an E team in the Pac tournament and they would struggle to beat a mediocre rec team. But the parents can say their kid plays for a premier team.

Comment

The PAC NW winter tournament brought in lots of good d1 and lower coaches. Great to have such a high recruiting tournament in the NW!

Comment

Recruiting what ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X