Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they have "B" team players now then they've improved over previous years where the GDA was primarily "C" teamers.
    Thorns have some B team players but who really cares?

Comment

You have no idea. If only B team kids come to try outs how do you not have B team players on the squad?? Answer that!

Comment

I don't see how any of this is relevant. Just play on the team you are on and enjoy yourself. Nobody cares how good teams are except those on the team so putting people down seems downright dumb. Enjoy your ride it will be over soon.

Comment

I don't see how any of this is relevant. Just play on the team you are on and enjoy yourself. Nobody cares how good teams are except those on the team so putting people down seems downright dumb. Enjoy your ride it will be over soon.
          I agree. Not all options are great but let people be. Trashing and putting choices down is not helping anyone. Make the best of your situation and try to have fun. Good life lesson.

Comment

Hearing that many of the girls are dropping out so they can enjoy high school activities which are fun.

That’s got to be frustrating. But they can always change the rules in the future. Make it cheaper and allow high school would probably help.

Comment

Hearing that many of the girls are dropping out so they can enjoy high school activities which are fun.

That’s got to be frustrating. But they can always change the rules in the future. Make it cheaper and allow high school would probably help.
              In a state without any elite players, having to play at a DA level is a certainly a bridge to far.
              Makes sense for a local to go play HS, with a club landscape of mediocrity. HS Soccer resembles club soccer so it's really just more of the same.

Comment

You are only a kid once. High school is fun.

I’m 40 and still close with my high school teammates.

A long list of players from my kids high school team are now playing D1 and top small school soccer.

Unless you want to go pro with thorns and make $20k per year or whatever it is and work a second job at Walgreens to pay rent.

Comment

I’m 40 and still close with my high school teammates. A long list of players from my kids high school team are now playing D1 and top small school soccer. Unless you want to go pro with thorns and make $20k per year or whatever it is and work a second job at Walgreens to pay rent.
                  ...TITLE IX has made playing D1 soccer accessible and possible for girls who are only decent HS players, that is they are not that 'special' or 'outstanding' or even approaching an 'elite' status.

Why do you care if the nation's elite players give up HS and choose to compete with one another in a National DA?

Oregon is not even in this discussion of elite level players.

Your distaste from pro women's soccer and the elite level says more about you and your issues.

Comment

...TITLE IX has made playing D1 soccer accessible and possible for girls who are only decent HS players, that is they are not that 'special' or 'outstanding' or even approaching an 'elite' status.

Why do you care if the nation's elite players give up HS and choose to compete with one another in a National DA?

Your distaste from pro women's soccer and the elite level says more about you and your issues.
                    Da lol. Elite. Lol

Comment

Oregon has 2-3 elite level players and the rest are perfect for high school level soccer.

Comment

I’m 40 and still close with my high school teammates.

A long list of players from my kids high school team are now playing D1 and top small school soccer.

Unless you want to go pro with thorns and make $20k per year or whatever it is and work a second job at Walgreens to pay rent.
                        Do they hand out Walgreens smocks as part of the kit? The burrito joint is also another option. They get tips.

Comment

It’s incredibly rude to point out the B team players and non starters that made the teams. Why does it matter to you?
                          Kids have to start somewhere. Thorns is cheaper at $4,000 per year than ECNL. So it’s a good spot for kids that might not be at the top but want to get better.

Comment

It’s incredibly rude to point out the B team players and non starters that made the teams. Why does it matter to you?
                            Kids have to start somewhere. Thorns is cheaper at $4,000 per year than ECNL. So it’s a good spot for kids that might not be at the top but want to get better.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Probably would be cheaper for a B player in an ECNL setting than Thorns (if you don't make the travel team, you don't pay for the travel, only club dues, which is much less than the Thorns $3000); nonetheless, post above was rude.

Comment

Probably would be cheaper for a B player in an ECNL setting than Thorns (if you don't make the travel team, you don't pay for the travel, only club dues, which is much less than the Thorns $3000); nonetheless, post above was rude.
                                It really depends if you want to do HS soccer or not.

Crossfire United is $2100 for a 5 month of training

Thorns is $3000 for 10 months of training

Not sure if it is really worthwhile to make either team and never make the travel team. Your time is more valuable than the dollar cost.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X