Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would he? Soccer made a lot happen. You seem to be the one having a problem with that.
    Why would he what? There are plenty of families who do club soccer and for whom a very good to super elite D3 is considered by them (and that's who matters ultimately, right?) to be an excellent outcome.

Comment

Still comes down to your kids not having enough soccer talent to see how things really work. Just so we are clear, you and your Ivy kid are missing the boat if you don’t ask the coach to connect you kid with one of the power alumni when times come for things like internships.
      Actually, unless you're the parent of maybe a handful of kids in her class - you're way off on the "soccer talent" question. But you are right about using the coach to connect to the alum network when internships, etc. are needed. It's crucial, and the point that the guy from the "big athletics" school doesn't get is that the networking opportunities exist to some degree at EVERY school. They may be greater at a handful of big time schools, but after that it's much less an issue of D1 vs. D2 or D3 and more an issue of Forbes rankings.

Comment

Goodness, it would be great if people on here would just use their experience to help others instead of using their limited experience to tell everyone else they are wrong.
        Yes!!! I could not agree more. I think most people try to help but there's a very few very insecure parents who feel the need to put others down. One, of course, in particular.

Comment

Yes!!! I could not agree more. I think most people try to help but there's a very few very insecure parents who feel the need to put others down. One, of course, in particular.
          Oh there is more than one here. Several, and some are D1 snobs and some are D3 snobs. Thanks be to God my kid plays D2 and can avoid the aholes like all of them.

Comment

Actually, unless you're the parent of maybe a handful of kids in her class - you're way off on the "soccer talent" question. But you are right about using the coach to connect to the alum network when internships, etc. are needed. It's crucial, and the point that the guy from the "big athletics" school doesn't get is that the networking opportunities exist to some degree at EVERY school. They may be greater at a handful of big time schools, but after that it's much less an issue of D1 vs. D2 or D3 and more an issue of Forbes rankings.
            I disagree about it being a Forbes ranking thing. I think it really comes down to how well the individual kid networks. My family all went to the same local college (which wasn't a big time athletic school) and to this day all of their jobs have come via their alumni connections so I agree with your point that most every school provides that. I do think the exposure though adds another level above and beyond to the point you are making. At the schools with lots of successful alums and big time sports programs there is just a different level of opportunities.

Comment

Why would he what? There are plenty of families who do club soccer and for whom a very good to super elite D3 is considered by them (and that's who matters ultimately, right?) to be an excellent outcome.
              Then why are they constantly taking over all of the discussions about recruiting that quite literally have nothing to do with the path that they travelled? Sure doesn't seem like they consider it an excellent outcome.

Comment

Then why are they constantly taking over all of the discussions about recruiting that quite literally have nothing to do with the path that they travelled? Sure doesn't seem like they consider it an excellent outcome.
                Ummm, no BTNT, only you don't approve. And you are the one so concerned about exactly what is said, claimed, not said or not claimed.

Comment

Ummm, no BTNT, only you don't approve. And you are the one so concerned about exactly what is said, claimed, not said or not claimed.
                  And only you think he is alone wondering why you are even bothering with these threads if you are supposedly so content with your outcome. What value do any of the does any parent bring to a discussion about D1 recruiting if they never dealt with any of the issues?

Comment

And only you think he is alone wondering why you are even bothering with these threads if you are supposedly so content with your outcome. What value do any of the does any parent bring to a discussion about D1 recruiting if they never dealt with any of the issues?
                    You don't know what I've dealt with or haven't dealt with....and what can you tell us about your proud and lengthy history of stalking and disparaging on D3 threads???

Comment

You don't know what I've dealt with or haven't dealt with....and what can you tell us about your proud and lengthy history of stalking and disparaging on D3 threads???
                      as you just noted, "you don't know what [anyone] I've dealt with or haven't dealt with" [because it's an anonymous forum chucklehead] so who are you to assume who is disparaging whom?

Comment

as you just noted, "you don't know what [anyone] I've dealt with or haven't dealt with" [because it's an anonymous forum chucklehead] so who are you to assume who is disparaging whom?
                        Are you not familiar with BTNT? I am quite sure I know who I was responding to...that, I can tell you.

Comment

https://www.pragmaticmom.com/2019/01...ts-in-college/

Comment

Troll Alert! Gee, my daughter plays like Alex Morgan on a HS varsity team, but she’s only 12. She took AP courses since she’s also a genius and is now in HS at a tender age. Her coach keeps asking me whether he should call Jill Ellis or Stanford. Is it too early for me to schedule campus visits at 12? BTW, I have unlimited time and money to pursue whatever 20 point advice that I (a sorry, meant you) give me in the next 5 posts.

Seriously, some screwed up folks on TS...
                            I happen to pop in because the topic is relevant to me and until your stupid rant I found the information provided to be useful regardless of what twisted agenda you believe someone to have. Thanks for ruining a otherwise useful thread because you have a bone to pick with someone.

Comment

In terms of commitment, can someone explain the difference between a D1 program compared to D2?

Comment

In terms of commitment, can someone explain the difference between a D1 program compared to D2?
                                Verbal commitment versus signing an NLI is the same for both. The NLI is the only guarantee for an athletic scholarship (for at least one year) - that can happen as early as November of the senior year for both Divisions.
                                Time and work commitment once you are into a school is hard to explain, as there are huge variations within D1 or within D2. You better check with the coach of the schools you're considering.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X