X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=209535527

There is his Duke career. Note the starts. Maybe his English famous daddy could get him a slot on some low level English side. If you can’t play for Duke, no EPL. Now JH of Berkshire is another story.
    Jealous much?

Was actually offered a contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers in England after HS. They are an EPL TEAM !!!!

Comment

Jealous much?

Was actually offered a contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers in England after HS. They are an EPL TEAM !!!!
      What followed was 5 total starts at Duke followed by what? EPL offer was after HS. What about now? Sounds like great potential not recognized.

Comment

I'll drift here, but it does have relevance to the discussion.

I know of a DII player from New England. Played a year here, then went to a DII school in Georgia. Did quite well, All-Somethingorother. Latched onto a low-level team in Germany. Proceeded to stay with them as they climbed up to Bundesliga 2, I think getting promoted almost every year for a few years. He aged out (got old) and came home, and the next year they made it to first division.

He caught the right team at the right time and rode it for quite a while.

That's not even a DI ACC player mind you.

It can happen.

Comment

I know of a DII player from New England. Played a year here, then went to a DII school in Georgia. Did quite well, All-Somethingorother. Latched onto a low-level team in Germany. Proceeded to stay with them as they climbed up to Bundesliga 2, I think getting promoted almost every year for a few years. He aged out (got old) and came home, and the next year they made it to first division.

It can happen.
          There are all sorts of players in lower divisions of soccer. A combination of tenacity, the right connections, and a bit of skill. Actually playing in the top Divisions of England, Spain, Germany, or Italy is a big deal. Even the very best from the US can say they did that.

Comment

There are all sorts of players in lower divisions of soccer. A combination of tenacity, the right connections, and a bit of skill. Actually playing in the top Divisions of England, Spain, Germany, or Italy is a big deal. Only a few of the very best from the US can say they did that.
            Correction

Comment

It can happen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Packwood

Example of a very talented local kid trying to make it in the bigs. Tough world. For the best, college is just a distraction.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Packwood

Example of a very talented local kid trying to make it in the bigs. Tough world. For the best, college is just a distraction.
                What you have here is a kid whose professional soccer career is essentially done in his mid twenties, without a college degree. What’s next?

Comment

What followed was 5 total starts at Duke followed by what? EPL offer was after HS. What about now? Sounds like great potential not recognized.
                  DOnt forget another bolts player on Duke who after not much action freshman season started most of the games last year and almost all this year

Comment

DOnt forget another bolts player on Duke who after not much action freshman season started most of the games last year and almost all this year
                    There are plenty of Bolts who have had a good D1 college career. The 2 initially mentioned were not good examples IMO.

Comment

who? not WJ- he played only one game this year , 0 games last year.

Comment

Another poster. I think he meant JD, another MA kid.

Comment

When you look at D1 men's soccer rosters you realize that MANY players have no Development Academy experience.

Why does everyone think you need to play DA to make a D1 squad?

Does anyone know what percentage of D1 soccer players come from the DA?
                          I think a better question would be “what percent of DA players play D1?”

Comment

I think a better question would be “what percent of DA players play D1?”
                            Better yet, what % of D1 commits from MA did not play DA?

Comment

MR: Bolts....Syracuse....Atlanta FC

Comment

MR: Bolts....Syracuse....Atlanta FC
                                Big flop - just like Needham flop

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X