X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that's being nice.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The guy is a team killer. Pits the players vs each other, when he feels like coaching he just screams like a lunatic, and the majority of the time he plays with his phone.

You have been warned.

Comment

I did a search on this board and I saw threads on this board that said this guy was great and had a history of winning when he was at FC Stars. I tried to search the board for any negative stuff but couldn't find any. Are there negative threads here on this guy?

Comment

I did a search on this board and I saw threads on this board that said this guy was great and had a history of winning when he was at FC Stars. I tried to search the board for any negative stuff but couldn't find any. Are there negative threads here on this guy?
        So my d was coached by him there, what was said above is accurate. At Stars he had the benefit of access to some v-good talent which he did absolutely zero to build team chemistry around, parents clique’d up, players followed, team suffered, he ran practices as scrimmages and ran training as an extra which I think sat poorly with JD, he just could not create any system of play or cohesive team discipline to cooperate, lesser players sucked life from better ones. He got shipped off to Stars North, stole the teams and went to Aztec, etc etc. he can train skills and actually had some legit advice that my d remembers from time to time but not much else.

Comment

Lot more to the story after Stars.

So my d was coached by him there, what was said above is accurate. At Stars he had the benefit of access to some v-good talent which he did absolutely zero to build team chemistry around, parents clique’d up, players followed, team suffered, he ran practices as scrimmages and ran training as an extra which I think sat poorly with JD, he just could not create any system of play or cohesive team discipline to cooperate, lesser players sucked life from better ones. He got shipped off to Stars North, stole the teams and went to Aztec, etc etc. he can train skills and actually had some legit advice that my d remembers from time to time but not much else.

Comment

Good or bad? I'm asking because my D might move to SUSC next year and I need to know if he is someone to stay away from. Is he absolutely someone to stay away from or like a lot of coaches is he a mixed bag of good and bad?

Comment

Good or bad? I'm asking because my D might move to SUSC next year and I need to know if he is someone to stay away from. Is he absolutely someone to stay away from or like a lot of coaches is he a mixed bag of good and bad?
              Don't do it. Trust us he is no good. My D was a good player that he turned to an average player. Thankfully she's been away from him and is thriving again. Too bad we can't get those couple years back.

Comment

Do tell..

Comment

Do tell..
                  Just look at the Aztec thread.

Comment

There are, and will still be, excellent coaches there.

I would be leery about taking advice from here....

Comment

There are, and will still be, excellent coaches there.

I would be leery about taking advice from here....
                      Yes. I agree but stay away from him.

Comment

Don't do it. Trust us he is no good. My D was a good player that he turned to an average player. Thankfully she's been away from him and is thriving again. Too bad we can't get those couple years back.
                        Yeah so I just read enough of that Aztecs thread to know that there's no way I would move my kid to SUSC if GC was going to be her coach. I know to take what I read here with a grain of salt but there were just way too many negative comments about him in that thread that I could not ignore. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yeah so I just read enough of that Aztecs thread to know that there's no way I would move my kid to SUSC if GC was going to be her coach. I know to take what I read here with a grain of salt but there were just way too many negative comments about him in that thread that I could not ignore. Thanks for the advice.
                          There is a lot of BS on TS but that guy is bad news. SUSC made a mistake.

Comment

There is a lot of BS on TS but that guy is bad news. SUSC made a mistake.
                            GC was a disaster at Aztecs. He may know soccer, but he has horrible interpersonal skills and lack any understanding related to team building.

How did SUSC make this Horrendous mistake?

Good luck to those that may get on to one of his teams. Parents, keep your ears and eyes wide open.

Comment

GC was a disaster at Aztecs. He may know soccer, but he has horrible interpersonal skills and lack any understanding related to team building.

How did SUSC make this Horrendous mistake?

Good luck to those that may get on to one of his teams. Parents, keep your ears and eyes wide open.

Good lord! you are very dramatic. GC is a great coach that is passionate about winning. All great coaches are! He may hurt a few feelings along the way but trust me , he is not the first and will not be the last. SUSC made a smart hire.

Comment

Good lord! you are very dramatic. GC is a great coach that is passionate about winning. All great coaches are! He may hurt a few feelings along the way but trust me , he is not the first and will not be the last. SUSC made a smart hire.
                                I hope to hell this is not true.

We are a part of SUSC and it's DA program. We are not here for "winning", I'm here for development. If I was concerned about wins I'd be looking for the lowest common denominator and playing in a crappy league.

Yes, learning to win, and how to play from ahead and behind is a part of development, but the mere mention appears to be about winning does not align with what this should be about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X