• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Ducks

I was wrong about Mertz. She’s turns the program. Congrats

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's amazing what can happen if you have loads of quality players.

The 'Oregon' club landscape doesn't buy into this philosophy.

Got to pay bills, instead.

Comment

The Ducks are 1-4 in Pac 12 Conference play and 7-5-1 overall. I don’t think you can state that a program has turned the corner if they have 1 win and 4 losses in conference play and lost their last game to California who is below them in the standings.

That’s a pretty low bar to clear if a 1-4 record in Pac 12 Conference play qualifies as a turn around.

Comment

The Ducks are 1-4 in Pac 12 Conference play and 7-5-1 overall. I don’t think you can state that a program has turned the corner if they have 1 win and 4 losses in conference play and lost their last game to California who is below them in the standings.

That’s a pretty low bar to clear if a 1-4 record in Pac 12 Conference play qualifies as a turn around.
        1-4 is better than 0-5

Comment

1-4 is better than 0-5
          Indeed. That one conference game win will probably keep the kat afloat.

Comment

Indeed. That one conference game win will probably keep the kat afloat.
            Why stop at only 1 win in Pac 12 Conference play. I figure with 2 wins she probably earns a raise and contract extension. 3 wins and she is in line for the Athletic Director job.

Comment

Coach Mertz has managed to go all 6 years without posting a winning season. She put together 6 straight years finishing at or near the the bottom of the Pac-12. All while amassing the worst conference win percentage out of all current coaches in Pac-12 women's soccer. The program certainly hasn't turned, but you have to admire her consistency!

Comment

Has anyone attended their Winter ID Camp?

Comment

Personally I thought it was not an ideal experience. Seemed more like a fundraiser.

Other ID camps do a lot of 11v11 so you can see players in game situations. Doing all small drills with hundreds of kids and not many coaches watching does not seem ideal to ID kids.

Many ID camps are actually quite good.

Comment

I have two daughters and both attended UofO ID Camp. I thought it was good!! Neither of my girls were being recruited by UofO so it was more of just a soccer camp and a day in the life type thing. Was a good camp.

Comment

I’ve liked Mertz all along. Go Ducks!

Comment

Stop being focused on winning. There’s much more at play here. Did the girls have fun? Did the coaches achieve their goals? Players achieve their goals? All these can happen even if you lose a lot.

Only small perspectives are concerned about wins.

Comment

Stop being focused on winning. There’s much more at play here. Did the girls have fun? Did the coaches achieve their goals? Players achieve their goals? All these can happen even if you lose a lot.

I agree. UO soccer program isn’t like all the rest of Oregon’s sports. They don’t focus on winning. Just being able to maintain a program is good enough for Kat and Manny.

UO needs to stop hiring these women who don’t know anything about creating winning programs.

Comment

I don’t recommend. Unless you are already being recruited and high on their radar. Just a bunch of drills. They let too many kids sign up so everything is crowded.

I imagine it’s better than nothing, but I think it should be free.

Comment

Holy ****! Are you still preaching the "did the girls have fun and achieve their goals" mantra? Wow. This is college soccer. You got away with the loser narrative cliches when the girls were in middle school but you can;t possibly still be using this garbage now. smh

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X