Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    99% of the time these posts are fake anyway.

“Moving to Oregon with two national team kids. Which is the best club and why?”
    Only two? What a loser.

Comment

Well, likely a fake post as others have noted and I'm a noob here but just in case it helps. There is a Beaverton '06 boys team playing as a "select" group with THUSC (Tualatin Hills United) and currently 6-0 in Premier (Vibranium is the team). Good group of kids and parents. Next to zero politics. (probably obvious I'm a parent posting so I'm biased here)

The team is only loosely affiliated with the club as it's a "select" team so its culture has more to do with the three coaches who have worked together for years (we've been with them since second grade, now in 7th). Coaches are great people and seem to be building the talent of the boys well. At least two boys on the team likely to make ODP (again...I'm a noob so what do I know). Not academy but maybe the next best thing around here so depends on your boy's talent level.

Comment

Well, likely a fake post as others have noted and I'm a noob here but just in case it helps. There is a Beaverton '06 boys team playing as a "select" group with THUSC (Tualatin Hills United) and currently 6-0 in Premier (Vibranium is the team). Good group of kids and parents. Next to zero politics. (probably obvious I'm a parent posting so I'm biased here)

The team is only loosely affiliated with the club as it's a "select" team so its culture has more to do with the three coaches who have worked together for years (we've been with them since second grade, now in 7th). Coaches are great people and seem to be building the talent of the boys well. At least two boys on the team likely to make ODP (again...I'm a noob so what do I know). Not academy but maybe the next best thing around here so depends on your boy's talent level.
        THUSC Vibranium is in the Premier White Division.

Comment

Yes, they're in White so I guess that's a half-click below green and a full click below DA. If anyone is curious you might watch their progression (dad posting here).

U9 Fall - Dominate rec
          U10 Fall - Move up. Win top of division 2
          U11 Fall - Move up. Win second tier of division one.
          U12 Fall - Move up. 2nd place in top of division one (2nd to BSC Hood River)
          U13 Fall - Move up. 6-0 in Premier White
          U14 Fall - ??

My point...these kids and these coaches have yet to find their ceiling. Spring is usually a little rougher as it's a "select" team and the kids are allowed to do other sports.

So if you're ooking for a team and a positive group, keep an eye out. Wouldn't be surprised if they show up in green next fall.

Comment

Thanks

Original poster - still following thread.

Asking a question like this down here in San Diego is like pulling a pin on a drama bomb, so thank you all for your insights.

We're most likely going to be west of Portland and it appears that there are several well established clubs in that area with solid history to learn about.

I'm not opposed to driving for the right opportunity but it would have to be a pretty amazing fit. We're only 20 minutes from our home fields now and already 4 day week practice and other sports siblings make keeping up with school a challenge. No disrespect to others who make it work for their families.

I guess I should be checking out, Westside Timbers, FC Portland, United PDX(new club?) but I know them as DA Member clubs. Any one else on that side with solid coaching?

Forgive me if I just opened a big can of shots fired.

Comment

Asking a question like this down here in San Diego is like pulling a pin on a drama bomb, so thank you all for your insights.

We're most likely going to be west of Portland and it appears that there are several well established clubs in that area with solid history to learn about.

I'm not opposed to driving for the right opportunity but it would have to be a pretty amazing fit. We're only 20 minutes from our home fields now and already 4 day week practice and other sports siblings make keeping up with school a challenge. No disrespect to others who make it work for their families.

I guess I should be checking out, Westside Timbers, FC Portland, United PDX(new club?) but I know them as DA Member clubs. Any one else on that side with solid coaching?

Do what feels right and works for your family. Crossfire is also a top club at younger ages. Good luck to you.

Comment

Do you know where you will be living specifically?

Comment

Do you know where you will be living specifically?
                  Not sure yet but the new location is in Beaverton so ... hopefully not too far from work

Comment

Do what feels right and works for your family. Crossfire is also a top club at younger ages. Good luck to you.
                    Regarding Crossifire they are the ones who will tell you they are a top club.

Not sure what particular criteria they base it on? being relevant after the Timbers DA raids the other clubs and they can hold their own following the rapture.

Look at u15 to u19 results for the past decade Crossfire not even on the map.

Jus saying.

Bottom line being relevant below u15 in the local club scene is a lost art form. Spend away.

Comment

Find a club close to home, it's all so average with talent and coaching in these parts, these days. If NEU/BSC is a destination club then the water level has just dipped below the sea.

Sorry you have to endure our local club train wreck, older ages things will pan out.

Comment

Which club in SD?

Comment

Not sure yet but the new location is in Beaverton so ... hopefully not too far from work
                          The competitive clubs that train or play home games in/around Beaverton are Westside, Aloha United, and THUSC (Tualatin Hills United). Westside is by far the strongest boys club of the three, and the only one with a DA program. THUSC is a very strong girls club (together with Crossfire they operate the Crossfire United ECNL program) but is weak for boys. AUSC is a neighborhood club that offers both rec and lower-division classic, but doesn't often compete in OYSA premier.

All three clubs train and play home games in fields operated by either the Tualatin Hills Parks and Rec district (an excellent parks district serving the Beaverton area). Westside trains mainly at either the Howard Terpenning Sports Center at SW 158th and Walker, or at Mountain View Champions Park near SW 170th and Farmington. Don't know as much about the other clubs.

FC Portland is also nearby; their training ground/home field is at Liberty High School in Hillsboro.

United PDX trains all over the place, but do use facilities on the west side of town.

Crossfire is a bit further away; their facilities are in Clackamas County (mainly Lake Oswego and Tualatin).

The other two DA clubs (Capital and Washington Timbers) are probably too far away, unless you want an hour commute to practice.

The other club worth mentioning in the area is ADF; they train in the SW Portland/Tigard area. They don't have a DA program but compete in OYSA Premier and have strong 05 and 06 teams.

Good luck with your search!

Comment

Welcome from another San Diego transplant (Mission Hills).

Westside Timbers are in Beaverton. You can call their office and find out where the teams train and check it out. Their main fields are at THPRD Rec Center. FC Portland is west of Beaverton in Hillsboro, and their main fields are at Liberty High School.

Comment

You people are so gullible.

Hi,

I have two boys who are national team players.

We are looking for the best club and bestest things. Please advise.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2357426]Original poster - still following thread.

Forgive me if I just opened a big can of shots fired.[/QUOTE

I would look at which DA club is at the top of the tables overall (all ages) as that tends to be a good indicator of the overall training and development that takes place. Better yet, contact a couple clubs, go to a couple different practices and the make your decision based on what you see not what people in here say. If your kids are really that good they will have a choice as to where they will play and you will be able to evaluate based on experience. I would think a week of “research” would be worth making the right decision for you...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X