Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Why all the fuss over Andover? They didn't beat a single team in the top half of the ISL.
    This. My daughter’s team beat them, and I think it’s fair to say they are not one of the top teams around. I didn’t even notice the players the other poster complimented.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This. My daughter’s team beat them, and I think it’s fair to say they are not one of the top teams around. I didn’t even notice the players the other poster complimented.
      Who cares? Are you the tweeter guy that is always posting and bragging about your daughter scoring against crappy teams? Didn't notice her in a lot good games either.

Comment

All about winning. My kid is better than your kid because we won. Try saying that in the biggest baby voice you can to sound exactly like these parents. They need excitement in their dull lives. To think that these immature and twisted patents may surround you at games is disturbing. Winning, my daughter has to win, win, win. Who scored?

Comment

I disagree. You can determine if half the team is out of shape and could not keep up. Being in or out of shape is not a one game event. I wasnt at the game, but I have a huge problem with players that complain for playing time and they are not in shape. News flash - being in shape is about desire and commitment not talent.

My daughter has played Andover and it just seemed like there where players out of shape and no chemistry.

Comment

Dad, you have a huge problem is right. Glad you watched one game. Who won, who scored?

I disagree. You can determine if half the team is out of shape and could not keep up. Being in or out of shape is not a one game event. I wasnt at the game, but I have a huge problem with players that complain for playing time and they are not in shape. News flash - being in shape is about desire and commitment not talent.

My daughter has played Andover and it just seemed like there where players out of shape and no chemistry.

Comment

OK. I honestly don't understand your post. Also, don't be too sure I am a "dad".

My point is that being in shape is not about having "one bad game". You can have a bad game from a strategic or tactical stand point, but your team should still be in shape.

Relax!

Comment

OK. I honestly don't understand your post. Also, don't be too sure I am a "dad".

My point is that being in shape is not about having "one bad game". You can have a bad game from a strategic or tactical stand point, but your team should still be in shape.

Relax!
                Phatty PAtties

Comment

So get me get this straight: Dad posts about his kid a lot. Same Dad does not trash other players AT ALL. Why is Dad under fire? We all post about our kids' achievements, whether its honor roll or scoring goals. Is his excessive? Maybe, but to what harm? Seems to me the harm is from the nasties who pull other people down while pusshing their kid up.

Comment

Some teams heavily recruit players, and some do not.

This seems like a no-brainer, but the difference between many teams is one or two high impact players that can consistently beat defenses and score. In MA, Nobles, Thayer, Tabor and Rivers all have at least one. Some have two. That's what separates them from the next tier down, which would be WA, BBN, Middlesex, St. Mark's, Andover, etc. The rest of the players on these "powerhouse" teams for the most part just good to very good.

Comment

Some teams heavily recruit players, and some do not.
                      Many are bound by admissions standards.

Comment

Loomis, Choate, BB&N, Nobles, Thayer, Tabor all recruit soccer players.

Many are bound by admissions standards.

Comment

To some extent, they all do. But at some schools, the "tips" for athletes aren't as great or don't exist.

Comment

Some coaches go to great lengths to bring in players. Others do not. So there really are few surprises who are the top teams year in year out.

To some extent, they all do. But at some schools, the "tips" for athletes aren't as great or don't exist.

Comment

It's very unfair to say that a team a few talented players or no talented players at all. My D's team played against Thayer, and honestly their top players didn't look great to me that day. Key words: that day. Players can have off games, but it doesn't mean that they're bad players. Not only that, players can improve over the course of the season.

Comment

So get me get this straight: Dad posts about his kid a lot. Same Dad does not trash other players AT ALL. Why is Dad under fire? We all post about our kids' achievements, whether its honor roll or scoring goals. Is his excessive? Maybe, but to what harm? Seems to me the harm is from the nasties who pull other people down while pusshing their kid up.
                                "This. My daughter’s team beat them, and I think it’s fair to say they are not one of the top teams around. I didn’t even notice the players the other poster complimented."

Compare...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X