Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Connecticut

Notices

Connecticut Discussions about Connecticut soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-19-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will say however that at least USSF is a sanctioning body whereas ECNL is a situation where the clubs run the board and decisions are made to protect their own financial interests more than anything else. If a club proves they can field top teams and compete they should be given the opportunity to do so, whether it be in ECNL or DA. Now we have ECNL clubs protecting their share in an area and on the other side USSF bending over backwards to make some clubs (MLS) happier than others. Two sides of the same coin, I guess.
Puleeease! USSF are a bunch of idiots. Years ago they rolled out DA (only for the boys). They left the girls high and dry. Tony DiCicco (rest his soul) and some like minded business men launched ECNL in response and copied the DA model. Years later the USSF extended an olive branch (Trojan horse) and sat down with ECNL with the idea of launching DA for the girls. They brought in ECNL leaders, made it look like a partnership, broke off talks for 6 months, and then launched their own GDA leaving ECNL holding the bag. What a screw job. Now you have two competing organizations because ECNL then said screw you guys and launched Boys ECNL. Everyone is in it for themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And just like that Oakwood has another nut job parent that can carry on defending the club's honor for a few years.

Awesome!~
I am not a parent of an Oakwood player, which I stated above, which you have ignored because of selective reading.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Negdl

What is everyone upset about. This league looks organized and has 8 very good teams in the league.

Looks like the teams are also allowed to play in other outside events (unlike ECNL or GDA), and although these teams are headed to GDA, in the pre-GDA environment it looks a bit relaxed and great.

https://www.northeastgirlsdevelopmentleague.com/

Looks pretty amazing to me
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is everyone upset about. This league looks organized and has 8 very good teams in the league.

Looks like the teams are also allowed to play in other outside events (unlike ECNL or GDA), and although these teams are headed to GDA, in the pre-GDA environment it looks a bit relaxed and great.

https://www.northeastgirlsdevelopmentleague.com/

Looks pretty amazing to me
Holy cow, when did this come together? This is what we wanted.

Would they let other non GDA clubs in?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Negdl

Website doesn't show who is actually running the league, the names of people at the various clubs.

Anyone have any idea?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Website doesn't show who is actually running the league, the names of people at the various clubs.

Anyone have any idea?
I believe the clubs themselves serve as the board, equally contributing to decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Holy cow, when did this come together? This is what we wanted.

Would they let other non GDA clubs in?
This reminds me of how the CCSL started. This structure wonít last and guaranteed they start to let non-GDA clubs in.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This reminds me of how the CCSL started. This structure wonít last and guaranteed they start to let non-GDA clubs in.
Wonít happen. Only DA clubs. All age groups play that day with. Younger ones usually playing earliest.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This reminds me of how the CCSL started. This structure wonít last and guaranteed they start to let non-GDA clubs in.
Of course itíll last. Itís the clubs that are all committed to DA.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wonít happen. Only DA clubs. All age groups play that day with. Younger ones usually playing earliest.
Donít hold your breath
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.