Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs Development League/Northeast Girls Development League

Anyone have any info on these leagues or their schedules? There's been nothing posted about the Revs league since the announcement in May.

Knowing the Revs, nothing will become of it or at best it lasts a year

The GDA announcement is basically a B league for GDA club B teams they're trying out in a few regions. It's similar to ECNL having ECNL Regional (former NPL teams) or DA clubs that run "Pre DA" leagues. Everyone is fighting for market share with the illusion maybe you'll make the A team one day.

http://usssasoccer.com/2019/08/02/us...ing-this-fall/

MELBOURNE, FLA. USSSA is to sanction the nationwide Development Player League (DPL), allowing players to continue along a pathway set out by U.S. Soccer Federation. The DPL is a supplement league assisting clubs across the country that compete at the highest level of the sport, primarily in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy for Girls.

Slated to start play in September 2019, the DPL Schedule will allow players to continue playing high school soccer while developing their technical and tactical skills through club soccer. This platform best fits players and clubs who value both programs for their development, while adding another level of play offered by member clubs.

“The focus is to create the best environment for our members and help build more pathways for players on a national platform with a goal of collegiate participation central to the structure” stated Barry Ritson, President of Development Player League. “Clubs from across the country will help foster and grow our league, which we believe is beneficial for member markets and programs.”

The league will kick off in three regions this fall (2019); West, Southwest and East. Continued growth is now in motion between new League Commissioner Sean Carey, DPL Member Clubs and sanctioning body USSSA.

“In speaking with Barry and Sean, the vision fits our model of organizations and individuals we look to align with.” Vice President of USSSA, Craig Scriven said. “Our mission as a member of U.S. Soccer is to support the growth and pathways available to players throughout the country and in working with the Development Player League, we achieve this.”

USSSA is a multisport organization with over 4,000,000 members in sports; soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, golf, martial arts and seven other sanctioned sports. They have been a member of U.S. Soccer since 2001 and work with leagues, tournaments, clubs, teams in over 45 states. To learn more about USSSA, visit; www.usssasoccer.com. Contact USSSA; soccerinfo@usssa.com.

The Developmental Player League (DPL) was initially created through collaboration between the Southwest Division Girls DA clubs. The focus was to expand the player pool for the DA and align with some of the core US Soccer Initiatives. Through the success of the program the DPL has expanded into key markets for the 2019/20 Season and added some of the top clubs in the country. The DPL and will include the 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002/2001 age groups. Learn more about the DPL by visiting here; www.dpleague.org. Contact DPL; sean@dpleague.org

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Knowing the Revs, nothing will become of it or at best it lasts a year

The GDA announcement is basically a B league for GDA club B teams they're trying out in a few regions. It's similar to ECNL having ECNL Regional (former NPL teams) or DA clubs that run "Pre DA" leagues. Everyone is fighting for market share with the illusion maybe you'll make the A team one day.

http://usssasoccer.com/2019/08/02/us...ing-this-fall/

MELBOURNE, FLA. USSSA is to sanction the nationwide Development Player League (DPL), allowing players to continue along a pathway set out by U.S. Soccer Federation. The DPL is a supplement league assisting clubs across the country that compete at the highest level of the sport, primarily in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy for Girls.

Slated to start play in September 2019, the DPL Schedule will allow players to continue playing high school soccer while developing their technical and tactical skills through club soccer. This platform best fits players and clubs who value both programs for their development, while adding another level of play offered by member clubs.

“The focus is to create the best environment for our members and help build more pathways for players on a national platform with a goal of collegiate participation central to the structure” stated Barry Ritson, President of Development Player League. “Clubs from across the country will help foster and grow our league, which we believe is beneficial for member markets and programs.”

The league will kick off in three regions this fall (2019); West, Southwest and East. Continued growth is now in motion between new League Commissioner Sean Carey, DPL Member Clubs and sanctioning body USSSA.

“In speaking with Barry and Sean, the vision fits our model of organizations and individuals we look to align with.” Vice President of USSSA, Craig Scriven said. “Our mission as a member of U.S. Soccer is to support the growth and pathways available to players throughout the country and in working with the Development Player League, we achieve this.”

USSSA is a multisport organization with over 4,000,000 members in sports; soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, golf, martial arts and seven other sanctioned sports. They have been a member of U.S. Soccer since 2001 and work with leagues, tournaments, clubs, teams in over 45 states. To learn more about USSSA, visit; www.usssasoccer.com. Contact USSSA; soccerinfo@usssa.com.

The Developmental Player League (DPL) was initially created through collaboration between the Southwest Division Girls DA clubs. The focus was to expand the player pool for the DA and align with some of the core US Soccer Initiatives. Through the success of the program the DPL has expanded into key markets for the 2019/20 Season and added some of the top clubs in the country. The DPL and will include the 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002/2001 age groups. Learn more about the DPL by visiting here; www.dpleague.org. Contact DPL; sean@dpleague.org

The DPL is different from the Northeast GDL. The NEGDL will be the top teams in the U12 and U13 age groups for the NE GDA clubs.

Comment

The DPL is different from the Northeast GDL. The NEGDL will be the top teams in the U12 and U13 age groups for the NE GDA clubs.
        Point remains - it's just a way to run B teams or pre-whatever younger teams. Both DA and ECNL are trying to squeeze out other leagues like NPL, EDP etc

Comment

Note: It isn't anywhere near us. All south and west. Expansion came after a test run in the SW.
          http://www.dpleague.org/

Comment

Note: It isn't anywhere near us. All south and west. Expansion came after a test run in the SW.
            http://www.dpleague.org/
            Exactly....

The NE GDL is just 2 age groups playing against the teams those kids will play against in DA.
            ECNL regional is just a re-naming of the NE Girls NPL--a league that already existed... Same teams, same schedule, different name.

Neither of these things are a big deal. The one issue is that SSS, NEFC and Seacoast's top girls teams leave NEP 2 years earlier than they would have. Oh well.

Comment

I know everyone is clear on NEGDL now, but has anyone seen anything more specific? Schedules? Reason I'm asking is because I do have a child who MIGHT play for one of those teams next year and we'd like to go see a game or two. I have been watching their site but doesn't seem updated since the initial announcement so not sure I'm looking in the right place.

Comment

I know everyone is clear on NEGDL now, but has anyone seen anything more specific? Schedules? Reason I'm asking is because I do have a child who MIGHT play for one of those teams next year and we'd like to go see a game or two. I have been watching their site but doesn't seem updated since the initial announcement so not sure I'm looking in the right place.
                You'll have a to wait a bit longer for schedules but it should be out soon

Comment

Honestly--if you are deciding whether or not to have your child play for a particular club, I wouldn't put much weight behind checking out a game. More important:

-Who will be your kid's coach, how good is the training?
                  -Are you OK with the travel?

At the younger ages (u11/12, even U13), games are secondary, IMO. Training is what is most important with younger kids.

Comment

Honestly--if you are deciding whether or not to have your child play for a particular club, I wouldn't put much weight behind checking out a game. More important:

At the younger ages (u11/12, even U13), games are secondary, IMO. Training is what is most important with younger kids.
                    Disagree. Nothing wrong with looking at a team and checking it out. Doesn't cost anything. Yes, watching a training is more important but you can go to a game anonymously vs. finding out when the training is (i.e. reaching out to a coach).

Comment

Disagree. Nothing wrong with looking at a team and checking it out. Doesn't cost anything. Yes, watching a training is more important but you can go to a game anonymously vs. finding out when the training is (i.e. reaching out to a coach).
                      I guess if you have plenty of extra time on your hands (keep in mind that half of the games the MA teams will play are in NY/CT/NJ--limited number of games in the state), but if you're prioritizing one over the other, seeing a team train is much more important. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

So my kid is already at the club, just not at the age group where this starts yet. I'm not sold on it, really, but trying to keep an open mind. I know the coaches and will watch some training while we're there anyway, but interested in games too. Just want the whole picture. Will also watch the B team's games.

I'm not sold on the travel. But I know my D will want to keep playing with her team, most of whom will likely do this.

Comment

I guess if you have plenty of extra time on your hands (keep in mind that half of the games the MA teams will play are in NY/CT/NJ--limited number of games in the state), but if you're prioritizing one over the other, seeing a team train is much more important. Just my 2 cents.
                          Do you have a child in the league? Our club advised they are doing a north and south division with just one crossover game, so just one long trip. Haven't received the schedule. Are you saying this isn't the case or are you not actually the parent of a player in the league?

Comment

So my kid is already at the club, just not at the age group where this starts yet. I'm not sold on it, really, but trying to keep an open mind. I know the coaches and will watch some training while we're there anyway, but interested in games too. Just want the whole picture. Will also watch the B team's games.

I'm not sold on the travel. But I know my D will want to keep playing with her team, most of whom will likely do this.
                            Then you have oooodles of time to figure it out. Watch some practices and games and re-evaluate in the spring. Also, things change all the time - not just teams/coaches/clubs/leagues but your own player. What she thinks she wants now might be different next April.

Comment

Then you have oooodles of time to figure it out. Watch some practices and games and re-evaluate in the spring. Also, things change all the time - not just teams/coaches/clubs/leagues but your own player. What she thinks she wants now might be different next April.
                              and, nothing wrong with swinging by a field to take a look sooner than later. Much better to have a planned decision than to have one thrust upon you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X