Peak Fc is joke.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with your approach. This is a game for all.

Generally, it's cordial on here, except for a few with axes to grind mostly about SUSC and their direction. They usually blow themselves out over time.

Glad your and your daughter are happy. That's all that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I've been through a lot of coaches, good, bad, and average, with my child, and coached (albeit years ago, back when the ball was square, and h.s., not club), and I'd say that Bill Nardino did a good job coaching my child. Starting a new club isn't necessarily easy, but the parents and players who chose to switch clubs with him, for whatever their own, unique reasons, felt like it made sense to switch. Some may have come from from clubs which dissolved, but many came from Seacoast.

We have been happy with our coach, JV, and we feel comfortable that the next coach will also measure up. My child's soccer savvy, skills, and confidence have all benefited from the coaching received from Bill and other coaches now at Peak.

As far as playing in the NHSL, it certainly made the travel easier (though we still had to travel to tournaments). The competition, nominally playing "up", was okay. Would they have developed more playing other competition? Hard to say. If the main difference in the competition is playing soccer like hockey, like some theoretically 'better' teams (MA), no. To the extent some of the better teams actually played 'good' soccer, controlling the ball well, setting up passes, good timing, yes, that might have made a difference and encouraged them to up their own play.

Neither I nor my child have any illusions that soccer is going to lead to an athletic scholarship. If she is able to play in college (hopefully a small college with good academics), great! I just hope she continues to love the game and tries to get better (even running for conditioning now, though she hates to run!)

I think a parent would be wise talking to several different parents on a team before choosing a club. Every child is different, is motivated to a different degree, and what suits one might not suit another. Likewise, for finances. Peak was charging significantly less than Seacoast, and that factors in for some parents. (... and some of those players playing on NHSL teams may also be influenced by the cost, rather than worrying about the particular league). I would note, though, that Seacoast does offer scholarships to help lessen the financial burden.

At the end of the day, if your child is improving to his or her satisfaction, and you like the team and the other parents, and you like the coach, and you can afford it, a given club might be good for your child. It does make sense, however, to know the basis for the opinion, good or bad, that a parent is giving.

While the NH Talking Soccer board hasn't been as toxic as the MA version, it seems to be creeping that way. I hope NH posters will focus more on facts than venting without specific information. We're NH, we're special!
      Agreed - Peak was started to help players and families find another option that was not about funding a for profit model. BN is a good coach - not the best we have had, but he is good. There are WAY worse and there are those who are better. JV is an excellent coach and we are looking forward to him coaching our daughter next year.

Peak lower level coaches are highly questionable but they have some quality with ND and RW.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Agreed - Peak was started to help players and families find another option that was not about funding a for profit model. BN is a good coach - not the best we have had, but he is good. There are WAY worse and there are those who are better. JV is an excellent coach and we are looking forward to him coaching our daughter next year.

Peak lower level coaches are highly questionable but they have some quality with ND and RW.

They have a couple of good coaches, ND and RW are not in that category. JV and BN are good. HC and DR are dreadful.

Comment

...just the facts, m'am...

Seems not too helpful to say someone is "no good" without providing any basis for the opinion. It also seems a bit unfair to the persons targeted.

Were I inclined to speak about any of my child's past coaches, I'd think it reasonable to address how they met or failed to meet the needs of young athletes at that particular age and development level and what I feel would have been more appropriate.

If I were looking at these posts to help decide about whether to look further into a given club, that's the kind of information which would be most helpful.

That said, my child has been able to progress in abilities, skill, and knowledge with all the coaches she has had. I wouldn't call any of her past coaches "bad", but I would say that BN and JV stood out in a very positive way. I saw progress both individually and as a team.

Of course, chemistry between team, players, and coach is also important, and it's been pretty good over the years. After all, this isn't just about soccer, it also has socialization aspects as our children grow up and deal with others and figures of authority. (This is as important as 'soccer stuff', if they are spending a lot of time with the team and the coaches, and given that an injury at the wrong moment could throw a major monkey wrench in your child's athletic plans...)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X