Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The coaches are training on how to make better pizza.
    They’re Portuguese, not Italian...they’re making stone walls

Comment

To OP’s question of Business Valuation I would assume GPS has the highest annual revenue, but Stars may have higher EBITDA since they practice on their own fields. Add in ECNL, where Stars gets brand boost and has controlling interest in league. Stars could very well get a higher valuation

Comment

Same thing occurs at NEFC. They love to take credit for players that were developed elsewhere , prior to joining their club.
        Stars and NEFC absolutely develop players, and so do many other clubs.
        For the prime recruiting years most of the top players gather at the the top teams. Today thats NEFC DA and Stars ECNL.

Comment

Nefc DA you are truly delusional

Comment

Nefc DA you are truly delusional
            Just Stars then?

I was trying to be nice. Point wasnt to pile on the “DA has been a disaster” bandwagon, but rather to point out that all clubs gather top players if they can

Comment

To OP’s question of Business Valuation I would assume GPS has the highest annual revenue, but Stars may have higher EBITDA since they practice on their own fields. Add in ECNL, where Stars gets brand boost and has controlling interest in league. Stars could very well get a higher valuation
              Agreed, GPS would seem to have the highest valuation due to the number of players/teams.

I would disagree on Stars having the highest valuation based on EBITDA...Seacoast has DA, as well as NPL, and their own fields. I've been to Stars and Seacoast facilities...both are difficult to get to (unless you live in the general vicinity). Seacoast also has an indoor facility and supports other sports besides soccer (additional revenue streams) and their Epping facility has a restaurant. Bottom line is that none of these clubs can support real estate within 495...and definitely not within 128.

The Bolts are a mess with facilities. That Stoughton location was a closet with a rug and Mount Ida is one field...good for games but tough to support a club.

Comment

Depends if you are looking at financials just from soccer, or the club overall. Seacoast I believe is the largest youth sports club in the country. They have field hockey, lacrosse, baseball in addition to soccer.

I know they make money, but no idea how profitable compared to a Stars where they control so much of where their teams are (i.e. all their ECNL teams).

Strictly soccer, I assume they would be far behind since much of their activity is outside MA.

Comment

I'll feed the troll - why doesn't GPS invest in an indoor/outdoor complex?
                  They did spend $2m on the NH complex about 4 years ago.

Comment

Depends if you are looking at financials just from soccer, or the club overall. Seacoast I believe is the largest youth sports club in the country. They have field hockey, lacrosse, baseball in addition to soccer.

I know they make money, but no idea how profitable compared to a Stars where they control so much of where their teams are (i.e. all their ECNL teams).

Strictly soccer, I assume they would be far behind since much of their activity is outside MA.
                    How would you possibly know that Seacoast is the largest youth club in the country! GPS has over 40,000 soccer players in the US. Rush has around 35,000. JGLA girls lacrosse has teams in 126 towns. Seacoast is very small, check out their site, the other sports have around 10-15 teams. I would bet they have around 1500 athletes total.

Comment

Does FC Stars actually develop players or just get already good players and showcase them? This is a serious question. Last year my D's team had players all year long attending trainings. It was like they were always looking for the next best player all the time. Made for very uncomfortable training sessions for the existing team.
                      This. Spot on.

Comment

How would you possibly know that Seacoast is the largest youth club in the country! GPS has over 40,000 soccer players in the US. Rush has around 35,000. JGLA girls lacrosse has teams in 126 towns. Seacoast is very small, check out their site, the other sports have around 10-15 teams. I would bet they have around 1500 athletes total.
                        Yeah, my mistake. Misread some marketing hype! It was way, way overstated. "Among the largest in New England". So, disregard...my bad.

Comment

Yeah, my mistake. Misread some marketing hype! It was way, way overstated. "Among the largest in New England". So, disregard...my bad.
                          ---
                          Kudos for the update. I would bet if you take out GPS, they are not to far off from that statement. I have heard from a reliable source that they make more money (profit) from non-soccer sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X