Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I feel badly for the Revs players on the U17 team that hope to be recruited by D1 college coaches. They won't show well this year. If they miss the DA Cup and the summer playoffs they're at a distinct disadvantage.
    They'll be fine. They might have to be proactive about contacting coaches and attending ID camps (par for the course) but there's a school for most players. Just need to get that all sorted out and not overplay your hand. By that I mean, expecting the coaches to come find you (which works out if you're on a team that makes the GA Cup finals like the Revs team a few years ago b/c folks will flock to that game) or thinking you're a bag of chips and coaches will come crawling. Still have to match player with needs and interests.

Comment

They'll be fine. They might have to be proactive about contacting coaches and attending ID camps (par for the course) but there's a school for most players. Just need to get that all sorted out and not overplay your hand. By that I mean, expecting the coaches to come find you (which works out if you're on a team that makes the GA Cup finals like the Revs team a few years ago b/c folks will flock to that game) or thinking you're a bag of chips and coaches will come crawling. Still have to match player with needs and interests.
      The best strategic move was going ISL and getting a waiver.

The rest of the team has 2-3 kids with the grades to get into a decent school.

Comment

I feel badly for the Revs players on the U17 team that hope to be recruited by D1 college coaches. They won't show well this year. If they miss the DA Cup and the summer playoffs they're at a distinct disadvantage.
        If they have the right talent a coach is looking for coaches will come watch. They don't shop teams nut individuals.

Comment

If they have the right talent a coach is looking for coaches will come watch. They don't shop teams nut individuals.
          The Revs coaching staff is not well liked among college coaches. Free soccer gets you free soccer but no help with recruiting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X