Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I go to WA Youth Soccer?

About a year ago, Roy Lassiter was fired as a PAC coach. He is now at WP. I have several training sessions that I pre-purchased for my kids that he never has followed through on. As it turns out, he owes several families training for pre-paid sessions. I've heard he owes a PAC family around $5,000 and another WP family about $9,000, and at XF Challenge, I ran into other families that he owes. This really freaks me out. I'm only out $500 with him, but he never responds to my email, call or text. I was curious about the way he handles his business and I had a friend do a background check on him, he was arrested at age 26, but then also in Riverside County (2010) and the court case ended in 2016. All of this boggles my mind. How is he on staff? What happened to coaches just coaching? Should I file a complaint? Has anyone dealt with this?

Email his boss and if you dont hear from him, email the board of directors at WP.

Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

I heard about that when we were at PacNW....

Comment

If you do talk to him, he might ask for gas money.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          If you do talk to him, he might ask for gas money.
          Beamers do take Premium Gas.

Comment

We had a similar problem with a wpfc coach 2 years ago. Send a polite and facts only email to the DOC Seth. If he can't get Roy to pay you what he owes you he will provide substitute another coach at no cost. Better than nothing. Good luck.

Comment

He’s approached us on additional $$$ ..for his money probs. He hides his behavior well. Super uncomfortable...and unprofessional.

Comment

I hope that the WPFC Board is tracking on this. Seems like the sort of issue that can go sideways very quickly...

Comment

We saw our friends try to work through Roy’s issues with WP DOC Seth. Seth kept calling them wanting them to stay quiet. Seth told them that the entire board is aware of Roy’s issues. But Seth is known as a passive leader, sweep it all under the rug. He wants Roy’s famous name attached to the club. It’s sad and a bad way to run a club.

Comment

That’s unfortunate WPFC always seemed like a club that was well run. Only a matter of time when you employ these types of people.

Comment

Email the board or go to a board meeting. If we as parents don’t stand up and say something about these things he will keep doing shady stuff. Things like this are why youth sports get a bad name.

Comment

Take it up with the PAC DOC. It was on their watch. What does his current employer have anything to do with it.

There is always 3 sides to the story and we have only hear of one.

Comment

Should I go to WA Youth Soccer

This post sounds suspicious and rather like a parent trying to stir things up. $9000 owed for training sessions? Even if you go on the high end of $90/session, then we are talking about pre-paying for 100 sessions.

Comment

I heard that it was more than PT sessions. He asked for money to fix his broken cars and for airfare for personal trips. Heard he even sent texts to help him out after he broke down on the side of the freeway.

Comment

Should I go to WA Youth Soccer

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              I heard that it was more than PT sessions. He asked for money to fix his broken cars and for airfare for personal trips. Heard he even sent texts to help him out after he broke down on the side of the freeway.
                              It sounds like this lives outside of soccer/WP and was more of a personal loan/gift.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X