2019 OSAA High School Kickball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Lakeridge boys varsity coach is a silly little clown creating a mochery of the team. There's at least 10 club level premier players, but you wouldn't know it from the style of play and tactics going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't think sausage parties are fun at all!

That's what your mouth is saying, but your eyes are saying something else.

It’s getting hot in here. Take off your shirt and chill for a while.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I don't think sausage parties are fun at all!

That's what your mouth is saying, but your eyes are saying something else.
        I don’t know what in the heck is going on here but I don’t want nothing to do with it.

Comment

The new Lakeridge boys varsity coach is a silly little clown creating a mochery of the team. There's at least 10 club level premier players, but you wouldn't know it from the style of play and tactics going on.
          The entire season for the Lakeridge boys team has been a complete joke since the new coach arrived. The standards for the team have dropped significantly. For a coach with all those years of experience “coaching” it sure seems like he doesn’t know what he’s doing out there. It’s been an embarrassing year all around. Time to start looking for a new coach!

Comment

The entire season for the Lakeridge boys team has been a complete joke since the new coach arrived. The standards for the team have dropped significantly. For a coach with all those years of experience “coaching” it sure seems like he doesn’t know what he’s doing out there. It’s been an embarrassing year all around. Time to start looking for a new coach!
            What's wrong with the LS coach? (Other than he spent much time in England and at LOSC, both hotbeds of horrible bootball--which shouldn't really be an issue in prep soccer).

Comment

I'm sure tonight's 7-0 pounding by Tigard will seal his fate.

Comment

They haven’t released the times for this weekend. They need to release them NOW!

Comment

They haven’t released the times for this weekend. They need to release them NOW!
                  Because of your bad attitude, the schedules will be held for 48 hours.

Comment

Because of your bad attitude, the schedules will be held for 48 hours.
                    I’m going to write a complaint.

Comment

Is this a universal thing or just my school, where coaches don't give much play time to kids who play club? There are players who are very talented that are given 3-5 minutes at the end of games. Another thing I noticed is big benches and very limited sub usage (as well as lots of late game craps) Seen this from a lot of different HS teams.

Comment

Is this a universal thing or just my school, where coaches don't give much play time to kids who play club? There are players who are very talented that are given 3-5 minutes at the end of games. Another thing I noticed is big benches and very limited sub usage (as well as lots of late game craps) Seen this from a lot of different HS teams.
                        My experience is the kids who play club get the most time because they are usually the better players.

"Late game craps"? As in run to the locker room to poop?

Comment

My experience is the kids who play club get the most time because they are usually the better players.

"Late game craps"? As in run to the locker room to poop?
                          That’s a laugh! The players who get the most HS playing time are those skilled at boot scoot and shoot. Actual skill gets in the way and from what I’ve seen the players who actually know how to play a modicum of possession style soccer are benched because teams don’t have enough players who know how to play this way to be successful.

Comment

That’s a laugh! The players who get the most HS playing time are those skilled at boot scoot and shoot. Actual skill gets in the way and from what I’ve seen the players who actually know how to play a modicum of possession style soccer are benched because teams don’t have enough players who know how to play this way to be successful.
                            Says the parent who’s kid is to slow to keep up.

It’s soccer; game can be played with no coaches, a ball taped together with duck tape and an uneven field. Players play

Comment

Says the parent who’s kid is to slow to keep up.

It’s soccer; game can be played with no coaches, a ball taped together with duck tape and an uneven field. Players play
                              But in high school soccer, those who attempt to dribble around defenders, or otherwise do anything skillful with the ball, tend to get sent to the bench pronto by the coach. (And the usual justification for this is that they are "showing off" or "disrespecting the game" should a player attempt something like a scissor-kick or actually dribble at a defender rather than booting the ball at the first sign of pressure).

Comment

But in high school soccer, those who attempt to dribble around defenders, or otherwise do anything skillful with the ball, tend to get sent to the bench pronto by the coach. (And the usual justification for this is that they are "showing off" or "disrespecting the game" should a player attempt something like a scissor-kick or actually dribble at a defender rather than booting the ball at the first sign of pressure).
                                These type often do nothing when they get stripped or lose the ball. Should be grateful they even touch the field. They are in indeed disrespecting the game and their teammates. Most of them do it in areas of field that has no reward, shot or cross produced.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X