X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt Hood Challenge

Not going, wish I was. Seems like a division for everyone

The U19 Men is full of HS Teams. Seeing more and more of this. Will be interesting to see how Grants Pass HS does in the Premier Division. Seems a bit ambitious for a HS team with maybe kids spread across multiple club(s) with who knows how many touches over the summer. Seems at the HS level the participation drops off and the HS teams don't find any form until halfway through the season. And looking at OSAA they weren't very competitive in 6A.

Three Rivers HS (Washington) is in Gold.

Scaposse is in Silver 02.

Ridgefield Washington and North Marion in Silver 01.

Woodburn JV Team (Real Madrid) is in the U17 Gold .

Don't know anything about those HS teams.

If they've been playing club and coming together it may be interesting.

If they have been sitting around all summer and want to get a jump on OSAA, it may help them out with that but the whooop'in they'll receive will be brutal.

Comment

Do the tourney games count against their OSAA game number limit? Does OSAA have rules about playing in tourneys like this? Could be a good way to get the jump on the high school season.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Do the tourney games count against their OSAA game number limit? Does OSAA have rules about playing in tourneys like this? Could be a good way to get the jump on the high school season.
        Not aware of a limit. I know some HS teams play in a league run by HSC in the Spring that isn't really "officially" associated with their high school but kinda is. 4H used to run a summer HS league in the Salem area. Same thing where it's not the "school" officially, not a school coach, etc.

I suspect these kids are starting to get together and looking for playing opportunities as the summer ends.

Comment

There are specific rules, what I would suspect is that these kids are organizing it more on their own (or with a parents help) as it would be against highschool rules for their HS coach to be involved. If they are involved, then they are asking for punishment from OSAA if someone turns them in.

Comment

Usually what I see is it's a player that graduated....

Comment

Who cares! All I know is it's Mount Hood Season so I can look forward to receiving multiple spam emails daily from the brilliant minds running that tournament. If anyone knows them please explain to them what "unsubscribe" means.

Comment

Reading the rules it appears since it's not during the school year (summer) and (assume) it's not required, and it's not the "sanctioned official high school team" it's OK.

I think this is a great idea for these kids. Baseball does Legion. Basketball does AAU. Track has an interesting HS League now.

Comment

Talking Soccer

This is good fun tournament to start August.

Comment

This is good fun tournament to start August.
                    As long as you only have 1 child in the tournament. I hate doing this tournament now because you could end up anywhere from Hillsboro, to wilsonville, canby gresham. If you have 2 kids in it, your going to be going everywhere.

There are no complexes around that can really handle a full tournament, and I expect to travel between fields, but just about every other tournament keeps fields around 20-25 mins at most apart, you easily could be going 1hr or more to get between fields, especially with the traffic on 26.

Comment

The tournament is dying. It used to have 600+ teams just a few short years ago. 402 teams last year and only 356 this year. No one wants to play in it any more because of the poor quality of teams, asinine bracket structure, and having to drive from Gresham to Beaverton in the same day.

Comment

The tournament is dying. It used to have 600+ teams just a few short years ago. 402 teams last year and only 356 this year. No one wants to play in it any more because of the poor quality of teams, asinine bracket structure, and having to drive from Gresham to Beaverton in the same day.

Interesting the only survey I've ever gotten was this year from the Woodburn Tournament. What did you think, will you come back, if not why, etc? Seems progressive and necessary in a stiff competitive market for your team to pay hundreds of dollars.

Why* is it dying (hint send out a survey(? For an early August tourney seems just right time. Summer vaca's over, getting ready for fall season.

The driving is def a problem!. I have a team with games in Wilsonville, Hillsboro and Portland. We're already from here, we don't need a tour of the region to know how bad traffic is. Makes teams from CA drive all over to ensure they'll never want to move here.

Comment

Interesting the only survey I've ever gotten was this year from the Woodburn Tournament. What did you think, will you come back, if not why, etc? Seems progressive and necessary in a stiff competitive market for your team to pay hundreds of dollars.

Why* is it dying (hint send out a survey(? For an early August tourney seems just right time. Summer vaca's over, getting ready for fall season.

The driving is def a problem!. I have a team with games in Wilsonville, Hillsboro and Portland. We're already from here, we don't need a tour of the region to know how bad traffic is. Makes teams from CA drive all over to ensure they'll never want to move here.
                          We got a survey from Clash this year that asked not only about returning and questions around that, but also about refs, vendors, fields, award ceremony, ect.

Love your comment about Cali teams driving all over.

Comment

DD and DS playing + others from the club who I like to support. Will only get to see 1 play since games are way too spread out.

Happy to see HS teams as well.

Comment

In the books.

Memorial Park in Wilsonville is trash. Just too much use. Club Teams practice, adult league, Nike Cup and now Mt Hood. Good they had the hoody tent set up but selection of tie-dye was weak. At least they had a stage and were doing Official Photo's unlike Nike Cup. Had a couple games at PCC rock creek. Good facility.

Made it the entire weekend not having to park.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X