Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jill Ellis stepping down as USWNT head coach-The end of an Era???!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This rumor has been around for sometime in other forums. Based on the close nature of their relationship and his current record with the NWSL, I wouldn't be surprised. Is there a better option? Now all the 'elite' players will run to Albertson to play for him and he'll charge double the rate.
    Not if he keeps hiring same type of trainers. 💩

Comment

Anyone a better candidate than PR?
      Yes. Many.

Comment

Hopefully Jill Ellis will endorse a qualified replacement that will continue the success of the womans game....unfortunately we can't leave it up to US Soccer.
        Ellis was employed by US Soccer. you cant have it both ways

Comment

I don't really care if they hire a male or female, as long as they are the best option and have a proven record of supporting the women's game.
          the GM they appoint will make the call. Ellis could be the GM

Comment

Ellis was employed by US Soccer. you cant have it both ways
            I know, i was thinking this as well, but in this rare case US Soccer hit the lottery by picking Jill Ellis, question is...can they hit the jackpot again?

Comment

I know, i was thinking this as well, but in this rare case US Soccer hit the lottery by picking Jill Ellis, question is...can they hit the jackpot again?
              i dont think they hit the lottery. prior coaches also did very well with the WNT. Essentially the players picked Ellis. The veterans wanted to safeguard their positions on the team as it appeared Sermanni was a threat.

The USA have been the most advanced NT in terms of resources for a long time. The job is getting harder now as other countries are starting to get more involved.

who you pick as GM, coach and the players they select along with tactics are becoming critical if the aim is to continue to market a team purely on the basis of winning.

Comment

i dont think they hit the lottery. prior coaches also did very well with the WNT. Essentially the players picked Ellis. The veterans wanted to safeguard their positions on the team as it appeared Sermanni was a threat.

The USA have been the most advanced NT in terms of resources for a long time. The job is getting harder now as other countries are starting to get more involved.

who you pick as GM, coach and the players they select along with tactics are becoming critical if the aim is to continue to market a team purely on the basis of winning.
                "i dont think they hit the lottery. prior coaches also did very well with the WNT."...Jill Ellis is one of only two coaches in the history of the game to win two back to back World Cups.

under her leadership she only had 1 loss in tournament play (olympics and world cups)!!!!!!this is huge and almost unfathomable, yes picking Jill to be the head coach is the equivalent of winning the lottery!!!!!

Comment

"i dont think they hit the lottery. prior coaches also did very well with the WNT."...Jill Ellis is one of only two coaches in the history of the game to win two back to back World Cups.

under her leadership she only had 1 loss in tournament play (olympics and world cups)!!!!!!this is huge and almost unfathomable, yes picking Jill to be the head coach is the equivalent of winning the lottery!!!!!
                  Paul Riley is on every list (ESPN, Newsweek, etc) of possible replacements. Could this finally be his big break? Did KK and the Fury NT player have a heads up that he would be peacing out of the youth soccer scene and that's why they left?
                  He's not the worst option, but not the best either. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Morgan marginalized, she represents every overrated lazy forward my kids have ever played with. He's been vocal about not being a fan...

Comment

Paul Riley is on every list (ESPN, Newsweek, etc) of possible replacements. Could this finally be his big break? Did KK and the Fury NT player have a heads up that he would be peacing out of the youth soccer scene and that's why they left?
                    He's not the worst option, but not the best either. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Morgan marginalized, she represents every overrated lazy forward my kids have ever played with. He's been vocal about not being a fan...
                    Would it be comical if they moved the current MNT coach to coach the WNT and the women suddenly suck? I think based on Jills success in the last 12 years....shes got big shoes to fill.

Comment

Paul Riley and all his misdeeds in Youth Soccer would be a great choice (sarcasm). The team needs to be headed by someone with integrity and respect. No way he gets the job. I don’t care how many lists he is on. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Paul Riley and all his misdeeds in Youth Soccer would be a great choice (sarcasm). The team needs to be headed by someone with integrity and respect. No way he gets the job. I don’t care how many lists he is on. Smoke and mirrors.
                        US soccer has integrity? Who knew?

Comment

US soccer has integrity? Who knew?
                          Let them have each other (PR and US soccer). Sad thing is after PR exits there will be someone as bad or worse for the kids than he is/was.

All these clubs should come together and compare their list of crappy behavior. Some out of touch people try and blame the parents but that is such a stretch in some of the scenarios that play out year after year across this island. Too many don't challenge the behavior and it continues.

Comment

Every youth soccer club seems to have their shady on goings but FURY really seems to take the cake. Does any other high level youth DOC have the distinction of heading up clubs that under their watch lost Boys and Girls DAs and a girls ECNL badge? Is that little back story going to help US soccer sell tickets and push merchandise and get sponsers?

Comment

Every youth soccer club seems to have their shady on goings but FURY really seems to take the cake. Does any other high level youth DOC have the distinction of heading up clubs that under their watch lost Boys and Girls DAs and a girls ECNL badge? Is that little back story going to help US soccer sell tickets and push merchandise and get sponsers?
                              Drop the mic! Zero chance he heads up a national team.

Comment

Drop the mic! Zero chance he heads up a national team.
                                It's all in who you know. He has been campaigning for this position for some time and he has long standing relationships with many of the big wigs in USSF. If you think his chances are slim to none - then you have not really been paying attention.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X