Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Timbers Academy

Anyone have any insight on the WA Timbers and their directors/coaches?

Is this a good club?
    Why are they playing in OR and not WA?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone have any insight on the WA Timbers and their directors/coaches?

Is this a good club?
    Why are they playing in OR and not WA?
    They're a good club, and certainly the best in Clark County. Were I living in Vancouver, I wouldn't consider anything else (at elite level).

If you live in Oregon, are they worth a drive across the river? Possibly, though I'd mostly likely stay with Oregon clubs unless I were VERY close to one of the bridges.

Comment

They're a good club, and certainly the best in Clark County. Were I living in Vancouver, I wouldn't consider anything else (at elite level).

If you live in Oregon, are they worth a drive across the river? Possibly, though I'd mostly likely stay with Oregon clubs unless I were VERY close to one of the bridges.
      If you relate to this, it's your top choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=gsC4kf6x_Q0

Comment

Funny !!

That was funny

Comment

If you relate to this, it's your top choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=gsC4kf6x_Q0
          Soooo-weeee!!!!!

Comment

You have to have a high clearance 4wd to get in and out of their "parking lot" in the winter months (aka muddin' daze)

Comment

The Oregon clubs dominate the metro area.

They have quality coaches that develop players. Here’s an example of a coach

I believe from FC pdx
              https://youtu.be/qaVvzTyMcls

Comment

The Oregon clubs dominate the metro area.

They have quality coaches that develop players. Here’s an example of a coach

I believe from FC pdx
                https://youtu.be/qaVvzTyMcls
                Sorry that doesn't even do it for me, like the dueling banjos.

Heading to the Couv aka: deliverance.

Comment

You have to have a high clearance 4wd to get in and out of their "parking lot" in the winter months (aka muddin' daze)
                  It’s such garbage I bought another car just to drive there.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2529286]It’s such garbage I bought another car just to drive

Seriously?

Comment

[QUOTE It’s such garbage I bought another car just to drive

Many of the posters on this thread are idiots or close to it. WA Timbers has nearly 75 academy team and 200+ rec teams. As a true non-profit the board and directors are active members of the community and even rallied the community to get behind receiving a federal and partial county grant to the tune of over 1M to get that parking lot paved. Huge effort and will be a huge benefit to the community when complete in next 12-24 months. The fields alone right now are extensive with grass and the turf they put in and they coordinate with the baseball scene there too. Everyone hated Delta until they started converting fields to turf, but that was a public park no less with a lot more resources!! And it took a long time too.

What WA Timbers is doing with Harmony is amazing and should be encouraged and appreciated. And I do not even have a kid on WATimbers, but I know when to do my research and recognize real effort when I see it. I also know enough to know how hard it is to pay to do all these improvements and to organize the plan. And finally, per the previous poster’s link.. I know enough to be happy with whoever is smart at WA Timbers whether they like Banjo music or not. Johnny Cash songs anyone? Smart is smart, no matter how you wrap it up. This club tries hard for its players and community and often succeeds with good results.

Comment

[QUOTE It’s such garbage I bought another car just to drive

Many of the posters on this thread are idiots or close to it. WA Timbers has nearly 75 academy team and 200+ rec teams. As a true non-profit the board and directors are active members of the community and even rallied the community to get behind receiving a federal and partial county grant to the tune of over 1M to get that parking lot paved. Huge effort and will be a huge benefit to the community when complete in next 12-24 months. The fields alone right now are extensive with grass and the turf they put in and they coordinate with the baseball scene there too. Everyone hated Delta until they started converting fields to turf, but that was a public park no less with a lot more resources!! And it took a long time too.

What WA Timbers is doing with Harmony is amazing and should be encouraged and appreciated. And I do not even have a kid on WATimbers, but I know when to do my research and recognize real effort when I see it. I also know enough to know how hard it is to pay to do all these improvements and to organize the plan. And finally, per the previous poster’s link.. I know enough to be happy with whoever is smart at WA Timbers whether they like Banjo music or not. Johnny Cash songs anyone? Smart is smart, no matter how you wrap it up. This club tries hard for its players and community and often succeeds with good results.
                        The next game changer-

The turf will be paid for in August of 2020. Clubhouse is next with workout facility and Pub/Cafe.

Comment

The next game changer-

The turf will be paid for in August of 2020. Clubhouse is next with workout facility and Pub/Cafe.
                          Can WA Timbers compete with Seattle? If not, why build a "game changer" when you're not even relevant in regionals let alone your own state. Lots of money being spent with out an end product to match

Do love the anonymous individual calling every one idiots though...definitely well researched. Obvious by choice of language.

Comment

Can WA Timbers compete with Seattle? If not, why build a "game changer" when you're not even relevant in regionals let alone your own state. Lots of money being spent with out an end product to match

Do love the anonymous individual calling every one idiots though...definitely well researched. Obvious by choice of language.
                            What if the vantucky Timbers mission isn’t to compete regionally. I wish my club had the vision that vantucky has. Looking to have a facility that creates a “true club” feel where parents can hang out during practice? That’s beyond winning regionals or state cups...that’s a true non-profit working for the community

Comment

Nothing in Oregon or Southwest Washington can compete with e.g. Crossfire Premier when it comes to resources or talent pool.

But why would WashT care about "competing" with Seattle clubs--and here I mean for talent, not in RCL or (B)ECNL matches.

Seattle is 150 miles away. Tacoma (where WPFC is located) is 120 miles away. Nobody from Puget Sound is going to come down to the Couv to play youth soccer, and nobody from the PDX metro area is going to drive up there to play in any of their youth clubs--I could see the Sounders Academy being a draw (seeing as they run their youth academy better than the Timbers do), but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

There are reasons to improve your facilities above and beyond trying to attract more kids from Salmon Creek or Pacific or even Portland clubs like Eastside or UPDX or PCU. You don't have to be an elite academy to want to have decent facilities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X