Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's what SUSC does anyway - just heard they lost their girls DA head coach too. They wonder why GPS is getting their kids... that club is a total joke now. 10 years ago they were the top dog in NH girls, now they are falling apart.
    Sounds like you are insinuating he was let go? CS ran the entire girls program so if they are a joke, are you saying a change is for the better?

More curious...don’t we have enough SUSC threads to not hijack another?

Comment

Unfortunately, you're wasting your time with facts. This girl, and her parents, and apparently SUSC, think she's super special and that rules don't apply to her.

It's pathetic. But I firmly believe that she/they will learn she's really not that special.
      And not just her. Let's put girl's HS soccer in perspective. The USWNT lost 5-2 to U15 DA boys team. That's the best females on the planet getting their butts kicked by mostly 13 year old boys. Translate that into HS girls and you're talking comparisons to maybe 10 and 11 year old boys. IOW, have fun cheering on your daughter, but don't kid yourself into thinking you're watching any kind of 'special' soccer.

Comment

And not just her. Let's put girl's HS soccer in perspective. The USWNT lost 5-2 to U15 DA boys team. That's the best females on the planet getting their butts kicked by mostly 13 year old boys. Translate that into HS girls and you're talking comparisons to maybe 10 and 11 year old boys. IOW, have fun cheering on your daughter, but don't kid yourself into thinking you're watching any kind of 'special' soccer.
        Easy there cowboy- first, if you know anything about the physiology of boys at 15 compared to women age 20+ the boys have a physical advantage in speed and strength by then. Second, those boys were not 13. Third, the front line players (Morgan, Ertz, Rapinoe, Saurbraun, etc...)for the USWNT did not play in the scrimmage. Forth, it was not this same USWNT roster that just won the WC because this scrimmage was in April of 2017. Lastly, the USWNT scrimmaging a DA boys team the USWNT is not going to go all out to risk injury in a friendly to tune up for WC qualifying matches. Your depth of ignorance and stupidity rivals the depth that the titanic sank in!

Comment

Meanwhile this year in New England- there were 4 different NPL teams that beat DA teams in friendlies for the spring season so your point is invalidated using your own logic. You take the DA U17 team from SUSC and Bedford HS beats them. Central would beat them. Exeter would beat them. Londonderry would beat them. Stop drinking the kool aid come back to reality!

Comment

Unfortunately, you're wasting your time with facts. This girl, and her parents, and apparently SUSC, think she's super special and that rules don't apply to her.

It's pathetic. But I firmly believe that she/they will learn she's really not that special.
            Since it was first year of girls DA for SUSC, maybe there were waivers or special accommodations given.

Comment

Since it was first year of girls DA for SUSC, maybe there were waivers or special accommodations given.
              Let’s hope these extra special waivers and accommodations don’t happen this year. No personal attacks. Just believe everyone should follow the same rules.

Comment

Well, while some teams lost players to DA because they were told you can’t play HS, a strong team like Londonderry and Trinity benefits by having their players still do both. All it did was provide example #277 of SUSC lack of integrity and legitimacy.

As far as HS soccer - NH does provide a good level of competitive soccer given how small are state is and how the talent is spread out. There will always be weak programs no matter where you go but the competition in D1, D2, and D3 among the top 8 teams (boys and girls) is pretty good. There are always good games in the top 6-8 teams and tournaments always have upsets. Only D4 is a joke with only two or three programs always competing for the title. the others never have a chance.

Comment

Well, while some teams lost players to DA because they were told you can’t play HS, a strong team like Londonderry and Trinity benefits by having their players still do both. All it did was provide example #277 of SUSC lack of integrity and legitimacy.

As far as HS soccer - NH does provide a good level of competitive soccer given how small are state is and how the talent is spread out. There will always be weak programs no matter where you go but the competition in D1, D2, and D3 among the top 8 teams (boys and girls) is pretty good. There are always good games in the top 6-8 teams and tournaments always have upsets. Only D4 is a joke with only two or three programs always competing for the title. the others never have a chance.
                  Fwiw, imho, The boys div.1 championship last year between Central and Bedford was the best two teams and game I saw all year. By far. And I'm writing this as a compliment to NH soccer because I am from Mass. and see many games but either of those teams would have wrecked any boys team in Mass. at least last year.

Comment

Fwiw, imho, The boys div.1 championship last year between Central and Bedford was the best two teams and game I saw all year. By far. And I'm writing this as a compliment to NH soccer because I am from Mass. and see many games but either of those teams would have wrecked any boys team in Mass. at least last year.
                    No question MA has stronger soccer at both the club and HS level. I coached HS and club in NC for years and my club team typically had 3 or 4 scholarship athletes and we were a middle of the pack club program. My HS team came to CT for a preseason jamboree with some of my kids being recruited by CT colleges and we Blanked the CT schools. NH is what it is. Small
                    State, small pool of players, but in itself it does provide competitive soccer. That’s why NH clubs struggle when they get out of NH

Comment

No question MA has stronger soccer at both the club and HS level. I coached HS and club in NC for years and my club team typically had 3 or 4 scholarship athletes and we were a middle of the pack club program. My HS team came to CT for a preseason jamboree with some of my kids being recruited by CT colleges and we Blanked the CT schools. NH is what it is. Small
                      State, small pool of players, but in itself it does provide competitive soccer. That’s why NH clubs struggle when they get out of NH
                      I'll disagree that MA has stronger club soccer. Take out DA and you will see NH teams scattered amongst all the best NPL and NEP leagues. We are from NH and our sons team has won Jeff Cup, Potomac, Nationals, NPL League, USYSA Regionals, US Club Regionals, etc. We have 5 5 DI and 3 DII players in the NCAA next year. So you are far off base.

Comment

I know why you no longer coach. Might want to check what boys team won the U17 nationals last year.

Comment

I know why you no longer coach. Might want to check what boys team won the U17 nationals last year.
                          Always great to win a tournament, but be careful using “nationals”. There are a lot of national champions. I think most would agree for boys the national champions are the DA winners and for girls it is the DA or ECNL winners.

Comment

Always great to win a tournament, but be careful using “nationals”. There are a lot of national champions. I think most would agree for boys the national champions are the DA winners and for girls it is the DA or ECNL winners.
                            No. You should be careful to read posts in their context.

Also, sorry to break your heart, but many players chose to not play academy. If you think Seacoast, for example, has all of the best players you are sadly mistaken. And the players who don't play are playing club and High School. The teams referenced earlier are examples. Central and Bedford boys high school had many previous academy players. And it was their choice not to play. And the NH GPS U17 team that won the national title would beat many academy teams. Certainly either the 19 or 17 Seacoast team. And before you jump to the keyboard, my son plays for Seacoast. The bottom line point is that NH does indeed have a lot of talent in the high school ranks.

Comment

Who says it was last year! They lost in the finals last year, lost in semi's the year before to the eventual champs and won the year before. Sorry to burst your bubble. At least 5 teams from NH went to nationals and while none made it out of group stage, almost all games were good.

Comment

Comparing team quality and results from NH to MA or CT is a lost cause. There just isn't the depth across the schools and clubs to consistently compete with a full roster.

I don't know of any club or school who says otherwise. They understand where we are and the limitations. For HS, who cares to compare vs. MA? They don't play against each other so why does it matter?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X