Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which club has lost the most players this tryout season.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How bout the 02 DA and NPL

02/03 was combined last year, not sure if they are staying the same this year.

Comment

02/03 was combined last year, not sure if they are staying the same this year.
      There will be a U17 team this year.

Comment

There will be a U17 team this year.
        All the SU Girl NPL teams are diluted!

Comment

All the SU Girl NPL teams are diluted!
          Oh so you have the rosters for this upcoming year?

Comment

Oh so you have the rosters for this upcoming year?
            Only have to look at last years standing to realize that they’ll struggle again

2000’s didn’t win a game. Finished bottom of their group
            2001 won 1 game. Second from bottom
            2002 didn’t win a game. Finished bottom
            2003 won 4 games, the best out of the bunch.
            2004 didn’t win a game. Finished bottom
            2005 won 1 game tied a couple.
            2006 won 3 games. Mid table.

They aren’t going to attract players with those records. Especially when most of those age groups they had to beg borrow and steal players for. The DA really hurt them, they went from having very competitive NPL teams to bottom of the barrel. Everybody got promoted without having to work for it.

NPL moved to Academy
            Premier moved to NPL
            Select moved to Premier.

Comment

NPL moved to Academy
              Premier moved to NPL
              Select moved to Premier.
              Relatively true. Many of NPL moved to Academy; the rest of the roster came from outside the club. Next year, additional players from outside the club are being added.

Comment

Relatively true. Many of NPL moved to Academy; the rest of the roster came from outside the club. Next year, additional players from outside the club are being added.
                So any player that’s being added will go straight to the Academy? (rightly so) while the NPL teams are left to pick up the scraps. They may get the odd player who doesn’t want to commit to DA, but it’s going to be hard for those players to go from playing DA to playing with Premier level players against true NPL standard teams.

Will be interested to see the standings after the fall season.

Comment

So any player that’s being added will go straight to the Academy? (rightly so) while the NPL teams are left to pick up the scraps. They may get the odd player who doesn’t want to commit to DA, but it’s going to be hard for those players to go from playing DA to playing with Premier level players against true NPL standard teams.

This Girls DA for Seacoast has been an experiment gone bad. There is not enough talent in NH (or MA/ME girls interested in traveling to SUSC) for Academy to work here.

Comment

I don't believe "any player will go straight to academy", but I don't make out the rosters. Basically, every year the best players who want to play academy will play academy. It doesn't matter if you are new, or if you have been with the club for years. The best players who want to play there, will.

Yes, that will mean some who played DA one year will be asked to play in NPL the next I assume. That's life. Nobody signs lifetime contracts. There is no guarantee from year to year.

For example, my brother was cut from his college hockey team his senior year. Made it as a freshman, 2nd line his sophomore and junior years. Solid contributor. Senior year, coach decided he could get a freshman to do his job and he'd have him for 4 years vs. just one more.

Tough life lesson. This is really no different. It's a competitive environment and the club isn't shy about the desire to improve at every position. Every player should be looking over their shoulder and playing like someone is trying to take their job.

Comment

This Girls DA for Seacoast has been an experiment gone bad. There is not enough talent in NH (or MA/ME girls interested in traveling to SUSC) for Academy to work here.
                      Who said this last August and has two thumbs? THIS GUY!

All you have to do is watch local soccer (NH, Southern tip of ME) and realize that there just are not enough DA level players. Now, will SUSC develop them into players? Doubtful... I already know there are girls NOT going back to DA (u16/17 players this year who barely played and spent thousands).

SUSC is not interested in building player skill to make kids better - they are interested in making money off your kids skills. There is a difference.

SUSC if really serious about developing players for DA would have announced 1 year in advance (not a couple of months) that they were adding DA - OR - looking to add DA. Then, they would have had a chance to develop their NPL players to fill those DA spots and get an idea on how many were willing to give up HS soccer to play DA.

NOPE! Instead they did the opposite - they believed that the lure of DA would be enough to draw girls into playing and underestimated the draw girls have to play HS soccer. They took the girls whose parents checks cleared the bank to play and their results were mediocre at best and had to play up.

What was truly telling was that there was no improvement in the spring DA results compared to the fall results and they had months in the winter to train.

Go ahead and say what you want about "its only the 1st year" but as the other post spelled out - the other levels of SUSC were all affected and were not very good this year.

Comment

Who said this last August and has two thumbs? THIS GUY!

All you have to do is watch local soccer (NH, Southern tip of ME) and realize that there just are not enough DA level players. Now, will SUSC develop them into players? Doubtful... I already know there are girls NOT going back to DA (u16/17 players this year who barely played and spent thousands).

SUSC is not interested in building player skill to make kids better - they are interested in making money off your kids skills. There is a difference.

SUSC if really serious about developing players for DA would have announced 1 year in advance (not a couple of months) that they were adding DA - OR - looking to add DA. Then, they would have had a chance to develop their NPL players to fill those DA spots and get an idea on how many were willing to give up HS soccer to play DA.

NOPE! Instead they did the opposite - they believed that the lure of DA would be enough to draw girls into playing and underestimated the draw girls have to play HS soccer. They took the girls whose parents checks cleared the bank to play and their results were mediocre at best and had to play up.

What was truly telling was that there was no improvement in the spring DA results compared to the fall results and they had months in the winter to train.

Go ahead and say what you want about "its only the 1st year" but as the other post spelled out - the other levels of SUSC were all affected and were not very good this year.
                        You make it sound like it was a conscience decision. After trying to get into ECNL and not being allowed, they were offered DA and really had to take it. Another year in NPL was just another wasted year for some players. Frankly, some would've left if there was another year there (that's a fact from talking to them directly).

NH is what it is. 19/20 year is seeing more players drawn from MA clubs, which was always the long-term intent.

Comment

Hard to express how much I disagree, personally, with that above post. As I've mentioned in the other thread, everyone's experiences are different and for some, maybe it is accurate.

First, SUSC isn't shy about where they are and what they can deliver. If the teams are competitive (ours was) and they are difficult to play against (ours was) they will survive. Some players on our team, mine included, have developed immensely over the last year. Some were level, and one could argue a couple even regressed. I won't go into my opinions on why that took place.

Second, next year brings in a few more players from northern MA. That was always their hope. From what I see, they are going to contribute.

Third, not sure how you can say you looked at Fall to Spring and expect greater results. SUSC isn't the only club who played in the Fall and Spring...so any improvements wouldn't be isolated to just SUSC. In addition, I noticed more players in some other clubs who weren't there in the Fall that were in the Spring. Some played loose with the HS rules (and reportedly SUSC did, too, with some age groups, but not ours). So, I saw improved play across the board, our team included.

Last, yes, SUSC is a corporation and it's end result is to make money. Nobody should be naive about that. Everyone should put a value on what is being delivered and it's up to each person to decide if that value is worth it. But, for my daughter, there's been 3 major steps in the last 9 years of play. One of those was last year, and she gets credit for it...but so does SUSC. So, they are not just making money off her skills, they had a great hand in developing those skills.

The older age groups, coming into this when they are well-established into a path, were never going to be successful looking at game results. Just too late, and a year or a month before, it wouldn't matter.

Reality is they are not deep enough to support winning results across DA, NPL, NEP, etc. Nobody will argue that realistically. It's up to each family to decide what's most important to them and find a slot that fits for them.

My kid is very, very happy where she is. Not everyone can say that and I totally understand that.

Comment

Somebody made the point of all players being bumped up with the addition of DA
                            NPL to DA
                            Premier to NPL
                            Select to Premier.

While this is partially correct it also applies to the coaching. The NPL coaches are now coaching DA, leaving some of the NPL teams with with premier level coaches, I know a couple of age groups on the girls NPL side who aren’t happy about the standard of coaching they have received this year.

Comment

Any chance SUSC will turn in the NPL license? What's the point? Wouldn't it be better to have successful NEP teams? Why have medicocre GDA teams and terrible NPL and NEP teams?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                any chance susc will turn in the npl license? What's the point? Wouldn't it be better to have successful nep teams? Why have medicocre gda teams and terrible npl and nep teams?
                                💰💰💰💰💰💰

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X