Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone have an update on Valor’s attempt to sue one of their former coaches for “taking” teams when he left there?
    Stop. As a resident and soccer family of Maple Valley it is obvious you are associated with MRFC. You hired the former director of coaching at Maple Valley youth soccer specifically to target families within Maple Valley. https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachmen...109.1559190822

Further, it is MRFC that is struggling to fund its attempted expansion north. You have multiple gaps to fill in your program as mentioned on your website:
    https://www.mtrainierfc.org/home

I wish I could speak to the credibility of your coaches, but I can’t find them anywhere on your site! The only coaching resumes your club posts are for DOC’s who have B licenses.

Revenues in 2015 (the most recent I could find on IRS) show revenues of $267k for MRFC vs Maple Valley Soccer with revenues of $758k and Kent United with revenues of $778k.

MRFC offering programs in Maple Valley, all for it. Gives families choices. Taking shots at another club because of greed? Distasteful.

Comment

Valor FC

Valor FC, ladies and gentlemen... In one post confirming that they are the mullet of youth soccer in Washington.

A club that desperately wants to be seen as a legitimate rival to WPFC and PacNW, but is so small-minded and lacking in self awareness that it spends its time publicly squabbling with a local PSPL club while, on the field, its B08 A team was eliminated from the President's Cup by WPFC's D team.

This post could not rank higher on the unintentional comedy scale if you tried. Even Vanilla Ice is cringing on your behalf.

Comment

Maple Valley's RCL results last year:

https://wys-2018rcl.sportsaffinity.c...413B&clubname=

Alright, stop, collaborate and listen...

Comment

"Vanilla Ice is cringing on your behalf..."

Valor FC, ladies and gentlemen... In one post confirming that they are the mullet of youth soccer in Washington.

A club that desperately wants to be seen as a legitimate rival to WPFC and PacNW, but is so small-minded and lacking in self awareness that it spends its time publicly squabbling with a local PSPL club while, on the field, its B08 A team was eliminated from the President's Cup by WPFC's D team.

This post could not rank higher on the unintentional comedy scale if you tried. Even Vanilla Ice is cringing on your behalf.
          this is a great post.

"the mullet of youth soccer in Washington..." LOLOLOL

At least I will give a few points to Valor FC for at least trying...

Comment

I have some friends who decided to play for Valor. A lot of behind the scenes stuff going on with the leadership being shady. Especially the Executive Director. Valor will take years to compete at the top RCL levels if they even get that high before running youth soccer in MAple Valley into the ground. There best team was the B'06. Several of the players left that team for other RCL clubs. Including two former MV board members. What does that tell you. You help appoint a ED. Then after things progress and the season ends you take your kid to another club. Sounds like positive stuff to me.

Comment

Really? Taking shots at a clubs 11 year olds? Classy

Comment

I can’t speak for the club, but I see this more of a WYS/RCL issue. The Maple Valley, Covington, Renton, Kent area is geographically significant, and driving from those locations to Eastside FC or PacNW isn’t an easy process. The numbers if accurate above would point to a demographic that would benefit from a local RCL club. Taking shots at their performance in the first year they are in the RCL seems a bit ridiculous. I’m sure that WYS/RCL sees a situation similar to ISC/Eastside FC developing in that region if they don’t put resources into developing a local club.

As someone with no skin in the game, I can’t see why others would be unsupportive of this club outside of jealousy.

Again, I can’t speak to the ethics of the leadership group, but a large rcl club in this area would seem to make sense. Why would folks on this board not welcome better access for families to youth soccer?

Comment

Nice straw man.

I haven't read a single comment going after the kids. The comments and criticisms are all focused on the club and the way it is being run - for example, telling families you'll be DA/ECNL within a year, when you can't hold your own in the RCL. That's one of many issues.

I'm all for choice and options. But a club cynically trying to cash in and misleading parents and kids... Yeah, ok.

Comment

Nice straw man.

I haven't read a single comment going after the kids. The comments and criticisms are all focused on the club and the way it is being run - for example, telling families you'll be DA/ECNL within a year, when you can't hold your own in the RCL. That's one of many issues.

I'm all for choice and options. But a club cynically trying to cash in and misleading parents and kids... Yeah, ok.
                    Someone mentioned how a 11 year old A team lost to a D team. While I am sure the intention of the person posting the comment meant to use it as an illustration of their point, they failed to understand they are talking about 11 year old kids.

You can call people names all you want, again- not affiliated with either clubs. How do we know you aren’t a “straw man” for MRFC- the same one posting constantly dumb rumors about the club? Honestly, I give a rats as* that they are using a similar logo to a club in another state...

I’m a long time resident of maple valley who would have enjoyed the opportunity to have my children play on an RCL club near me. One of our kids are grown and played for NW Nationals (that was a hell of a commute) and our youngest is almost done with soccer.

Again, I can’t speak to what they may/may have not said to parents or kids. Just think it’s disgusting that people come on hear with the intention of spreading rumors in the hopes that their club will “win” the turf/money war.

Comment

RCL model is a joke. PSPL isn’t perfect, but their structure seems to work better.

Comment

From what I am hearing the new DOC of a club in Renton is the one who informed on Valor holding tryouts at petrovitsky Park in a move to try and expand into those fields . Very dirty move .

Comment

From what I am hearing the new DOC of a club in Renton is the one who informed on Valor holding tryouts at petrovitsky Park in a move to try and expand into those fields . Very dirty move .
                          Not sure I follow...who are you saying the dirty move is from:

The DOC for reporting Valor moving in to petro or Valor FC for trying to infringe on renton's boundary area?

this map makes it pretty clear that Petro is not in the Kent or Valor association area:

http://www.grtysa.org/home.php?layout=34422

Comment

No one likes a rat . If it is who I think it is then he has quite the reputation for doing these type of things and is about to become unstuck .

Comment

Blolololoolol. A rat? Boundaries are boundaries. It isn’t a “dirty” move to enforce agreed upon rules and regulations...this is youth soccer, not the Mafia.

Comment

Boundaries set to protect revenue streams ..... yep it’s all about the kids !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X