Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCP coach Omer Doron dies in tragic accident.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really sad to hear what happened to someone that respected the honor of being competitive and wanted the best for his players. I would not wish that frame of mind, or troubles to do what he did on anyone. Really sad news, and best wishes go out to his family, and players/parents/coaches that knew him better than I did.

NP
    Well said Neil. My thoughts and prayers with his family. - nicki

Comment

I spent a lot of time with OD. He was so passionate about the game and the players he coached. The Comets meant the world to him. This is tragic on so many level.

As a show or respect can we please have at least ONE DAY of no negativity on this forum. Lets show that the CT soccer community can be a positive one.

For anyone interested in making a tax deductible donation to help the family can mail checks to

The Jewish Foundation of Greater New Haven
      360 Amity Road
      Woodbridge, CT 06525

In memo state in Memory of Omer Doron. All money will be distributed to his family.

Comment

The poster wasn't criticizing him in a bad way. I read his or her's post it did explain his method in which OPs daughter was not up to, i think that was being honest with a positive conclusion on Omer's tactics. If you liked it or not he was training the players to be the best they can.

For the ones here posting their comments and their experience with Omer that means he touched the soccer community.
        The CT coaches and parents of a child with any contact with him should show their sympathy and condolences, he truly was a great guy. Extremely passionate about the game he really wanted to make CT soccer better.We don't have too many like that left.

If there's any information on where the soccer community can show or help his family in this time and need please post that available information.
        Here is info that was passed to me as a former Comets parent: "Donations in Omer Doron's memory can be made to: The Jewish Foundation of Greater New Haven, 360 Amity Road, Woodbridge, CT 06525. Please state in memo on check, 'In Memory of Omer Doron'. All money will be distributed to his family and is tax deductible". He had small children so the support of the soccer community would be great. I will be contributing and hopefully many others will too. Rest in peace.

Comment

Had the pleasure of meeting him only once but he definitely left an impression. When you hear about someone so young passing, especially with a young family, it does make you take pause and think about what really matters in this life.

Comment

Well said Neil. My thoughts and prayers with his family. - nicki
            Yankee still losers.

Comment

Go get help man this is no laughing matter.

Comment

That will go down as the worst and most inappropriate post EVER

Comment

It was shameful!

Comment

It was shameful!
                    Let's move on from it.
                    My daughter and her team are devastated. They are very young girls and are having a difficult time dealing with this. Fortunately they are communicating with each other and sharing. Hopefully helping their healing process.
                    The girls have all moved on to different clubs now but they have and always will be part of the Comets family. It is amazing to see this in action when they need each other most.
                    Comets was really a great place. My daughters team wasn't the best. They tried hard and were coached by someone who cared so much for soccer and cared for the girls even more. The amount of personal time he gave to them was remarkable. He wasn't easy on them and taught lessons my daughter will carry with her for the rest of her life. Respect, teamwork, professionalism, value of hard work and giving 100%. at the young ages it was NEVER about wins and losses. He would say those are for the parents. It was about learning, learning, learning. Pushing them over and over in a drill until it was right and then celebrating with them when they got it. Yes he was competitive but he truly understood what
                    it takes to become a soccer player. He expected the girls be a team. Work through team issues together. Watch out for each other.

I am very thankful that my daughter is a member of this Comets family.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all who have been associated with him and who are dealing with the terrible tragedy.

Comment

Yep pretty bad

On a brighter note
                      A lot of his former comets who are now U-15 &16 got together last night
                      It was awesome to see
                      Lots of clubs rep'd and lots of good players
                      Its a shame he didnt understand the impact he had
                      He is already missed

Comment

My daughter had the privledge of playing under Omer for one season and then the Comets folded. One thing I will attest to is he had a soccer enviorment I have not seen in any other premier club. He did care about his players as individuals. He passed skills on to my daughter that catapulted her into a great player on the field and helped her mold I to a great player off the field as well.

Omer sent her home in tears a couple times, yes. But by Saturday as one fellow parent put it, they were ready to walk through hell with him and give him all they had.

Prayer to his family, friends and all who are affected by this.

Comment

My daughter also played of or him for a short time. Truth is before he worked with her, no premiere club wanted her. I knew she had athletic ability and good basic, just needed training beyond my crappy town league.

When I had to go explored other clubs after the Comets, my daughter had her picks. Teams saw in her what I did all along. That was to speak of something.

Comment

My daughter too had the privilege to be trained by Omer Doron and play for the NE Comets. Last night, with little notice, that family all came back together to honor and remember a man who had touched each and every one of their lives.
                            Even though several had gone on to play with different organizations their love for Omer brought them together once again.
                            This was your team Omer - GO COMETS

Comment

I personally had Omer as a coach. To be honest, he made me cry after many practices, but now I realize he made me a stronger and shaped me to be the person I am today. His love for soccer was evident every minute I was with him. He taught me everything I know technically and he was truly an amazing coach. He touched so many lives including mine. Thank you Omer for everything you did for me and I hope you rest in peace.

Comment

I personally had Omer as a coach. To be honest, he made me cry after many practices, but now I realize he made me a stronger and shaped me to be the person I am today. His love for soccer was evident every minute I was with him. He taught me everything I know technically and he was truly an amazing coach. He touched so many lives including mine. Thank you Omer for everything you did for me and I hope you rest in peace.
                                I wish I could 'like' a post here. My daughter feels the same as you. He believed in my daughter and the rest of the 'misfits' and made her the player she is now. Rest in peace Omer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X