Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is the part that you just don't understand. There is no frustrations and there is no failure. There are only efforts and successes which are measured in so many ways that include but not limited to playing soccer in college. Sadly, TS is filled with people who feel that 'if you don't play D1 or pro then why pay for club soccer at all'. This is simply a pathetic statement.
    As another poster pointed out they didn’t want to say “What if” and labelled club soccer as an investment. Great! I agree and that investment paid off in so many ways, but it does reveal that at one time - even for a second- the family had a dream. So while you are content with D3 outcome, there is a bit of disappointment. it’s not your disappointment - be proud your kid did the best with what they had - it’s theirs! Your genes failed them.

Comment

As another poster pointed out they didn’t want to say “What if” and labelled club soccer as an investment. Great! I agree and that investment paid off in so many ways, but it does reveal that at one time - even for a second- the family had a dream. So while you are content with D3 outcome, there is a bit of disappointment. it’s not your disappointment - be proud your kid did the best with what they had - it’s theirs! Your genes failed them.
      My kid is gong to one of the top schools in the country. Yup it’s D3. And yup soccer helped her get in. No disappointment here.

Comment

LOL. Why MUST I experience even a second of disappointment? What does that even mean? Do seconds of anything trump a minute of something else? What do you personally get out of me regretting something even on the odd chance I did have a moment of regret? And then there's the fact that some never thought about D1 for even a second. There are many and I mean money who start out just hoping their kid gets a fair shot at the high school team. For many even D3 seems like hitting the lottery. The obsession with proving to the neighbor that he should be miserable even when he isn't really is only reflective who feels so deprived when the neighbor doesn't feel bad.

Comment

Lol. All this because your kids failed you. Pretty sad that you have to vent your frustrations out this way actually.
          Can you link to where anyone said they felt they or their kids failed? Do you truly not have any greater intellectual dexterity than that?

Comment

Can you link to where anyone said they felt they or their kids failed? Do you truly not have any greater intellectual dexterity than that?
            Don't waste your breath. He thinks he know how others feel but really it's how HE feels about his own perceived failures.

Comment

Don't waste your breath. He thinks he know how others feel but really it's how HE feels about his own perceived failures.
              “Your genes failed them” Come on people, you're being played
              every time you respond insisting otherwise you kind of prove him right.

Shakespeare captured it well, methinks

Comment

“Your genes failed them” Come on people, you're being played
                every time you respond insisting otherwise you kind of prove him right.

Shakespeare captured it well, methinks
                Going Shakespeare is quite of stretch.

What about how much fun it is to call him out when he talks out of his piehole...which means whenever he talks, period?

Comment

You are sad and pathetic person. But that is your problem. There is no disappointment at all. My kid played quite a bit at a D3 school, had a great time, got a great education, and has a very good job. He gets paid very well. Sure, he isn't Christian Pulisic, but how many American Christian Pulisics are there? If my thoughts were that my kid would be the next one then I would be disappointed but that was never a thought.

Comment

You are sad and pathetic person. But that is your problem. There is no disappointment at all. My kid played quite a bit at a D3 school, had a great time, got a great education, and has a very good job. He gets paid very well. Sure, he isn't Christian Pulisic, but how many American Christian Pulisics are there? If my thoughts were that my kid would be the next one then I would be disappointed but that was never a thought.
                    Like he said, protesting too much
                    You were a little disappointed

Comment

Different poster....you are ridiculous.

You mean like that half-second some might think at a kid's childbirth of a dream about her or him being President some day? Like kind of disappointment?

Comment

Different poster....you are ridiculous.

You mean like that half-second some might think at a kid's childbirth of a dream about her or him being President some day? Like kind of disappointment?
                        No. Never did I think my kids would ever be president. Underpaid, over-worked, under appreciated, under-investigated.....depending on which president we are talking about.

Comment

Yes you can tell so much about a person from an anonymous post. Applying that logic, let's talk about you...

Comment

...getting back to talking stuff about NESCAC vs UAA...the UAA have the advantage year in year out because they are 2-3 times larger than the NESCAC schools. It's college vs university. That noted, the NESCAC schools have done a fine job recruiting (if especially from the prep schools) to field competitive teams (not just soccer).

Tufts being the university in NESCAC that might prove the point. They're in some ways a better fit for UAA (enrollment and research) and have taken qualities of both conferences to several D3 championships.

Another way to differentiate the conferences: planes vs buses for travel. Both are so glamorous but I think I'd prefer a bus ride assuming decent cell phone coverage and a nice view of the New England countryside rather than hassling with TSA lines.

Comment

Tufts being the university in NESCAC that might prove the point.
                              Wesleyan is also a university.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X